IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Government have announced the building of a new railway station at Whorefield (though their fanbase is barely enough to fill a coach, let alone a train).

Screenshot_20240805_172853_Facebook.thumb.jpg.af346cc5d6cd79aa3989d572ce1c68d7.jpg

Wow!If they can get 5000 locked outside in the car park,imagine how many they could get locked outside a train station. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 22A said:

In the next issue of the Greenun, Colin stated he was still living in Bristol and going home after the game and smiling as he passed all those cars with blue & white scarves.

City were home to Arsenal that afternoon and lost 2 - 0. I'll always remember the moment we were all trooping out after the game, while the announcer read out the full time scores. Then it came.... "Tottenham 9...." BS3 resounded with the loudest cheer of the day, and much hilarity ensued. Oh, how we laughed 😂

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Government have announced the building of a new railway station at Whorefield (though their fanbase is barely enough to fill a coach, let alone a train).

Screenshot_20240805_172853_Facebook.thumb.jpg.af346cc5d6cd79aa3989d572ce1c68d7.jpg

They will play the victim, as usual, and say the railways are gurt teds, taking the piss!

• Admin
14 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Maybe this is going to be a whoosh for me, but why post a picture of Weston train station?

52 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm pretty sure you are right. It's a legal requirement as we are using a third party to sell, or selling on behalf of someone else in some cases, eg concerts, CATS etc

But if you buy a membership there is a booking fee. Would of thought there is no need for a third party to do that.

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/ticketing-update-202425-season

So, will they have spent money getting the 'Bristol Rovers Ticket Exchange' up and running, or are they sitting back comfortable in the knowledge that it will never be needed?

Wow. So fans get a digital ticket that from the sounds of things they can't exchange UNLESS they game is sold out.

Can't make it, can't give it away to a mate.

I can see that being popular.

On 04/08/2024 at 15:58, Bazooka Joe said:

Rovers are neither Far Left or Far Right.

Without fear of contradiction, they are best categorised as the Far Behind !

I stand corrected.

Given some of ridiculous things they spout, it’s evident they are also Far Fetched.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Standards people!

Page 2 AGAIN! Can we try harder please?

It's still technically the "close season" , even they find it hard to cock things up with no games going on.

• Haha 1

On 06/08/2024 at 20:06, RedRaw said:

That’s a shame…….many of the ‘gifts’ over the past few years emanated from this guy

Always struck me as someone in way over his head.

Someone once said that the best thing about him is that finally there was something to rhyme with the word 'orange'.....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Always struck me as someone in way over his head.

Someone once said that the best thing about him is that finally there was something to rhyme with the word 'orange'.....

Like the bloke whose name rhymes with 'minion'...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 07/08/2024 at 20:49, 1960maaan said:

It's still technically the "close season" , even they find it hard to cock things up with no games going on.

if we're being technical,  maybe send them our teknickal direckter to help keep their reputation intact

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cidercity said:

Watching the tin pots v Northampton 

my god the standard is dire and the Barcelona of league 1 should be 2 down already.

It really is desperate stuff. The self-proclaimed greatest fans in the whole world have barely raised a murmur apart from on the one or two occasions they`ve got in the Cobblers half. God help us if we ever end up back down in that dead man`s league.

I don`t think I can bear the second half TBH, might switch over to Exeter v Rotherham.

26 minutes ago, cidercity said:

my god the standard is dire and the Barcelona of league 1 should be 2 down already.

The ht whistle was the bright spot, as Stone Roses “Driving South” was blasting out.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cidercity said:

It’s sobering just how non league the whole setup looks. The temporary stands, the copious terraces, the view of actual chip vans on camera by the pitch as opposed to them being in a fan area, the blokes shagging their sisters, the lack of fillings, the commentary stating “Chris Martin will make a real impact”, the electricity box by the corner flag.

It’s a living, breathing, shithole.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s sobering just how non league the whole setup looks. The temporary stands, the copious terraces, the view of actual chip vans on camera by the pitch as opposed to them being in a fan area, the blokes shagging their sisters, the lack of fillings, the commentary stating “Chris Martin will make a real impact”, the electricity box by the corner flag.

It’s a living, breathing, shithole.

For those wishing to witness this; http://www.fawanews.com/Bristol Rovers vs Northampton.html

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Two Rovers players just tackled each other and Northampton broke. Ref stopped it as the two gas were both down. Scandalous - comedy defending not punished by poor officiating 

I hope someone gets a gif of that, it was glorious 

53 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Maybe he should have been there, typical gash , do anything for the club, exept go there !

That was the highlight of watching the game. I switched to watching the end of the brum game. When I later realised I'd (thankfully) missed their winner, it dawned on me that so did the tens of gash watching skysports plus. I just hope their ifollow fans were treated to the same coverage.

I watched the second half.

It was really poor.

Hardly any passing sequences or pattern of play, just lump it up top.

Crap football, I hope we meet them in a cup this season, we'll thrash 'em.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It was really poor.

I’m always nervous when we play them fxxxxxs , well I think I am it’s been that long 😂😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It was really poor.

I don't wanna play those *****...

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

I like it when Rovers win the first match of the season as the fans immediately start talking about promotion. Then, as the season progresses, reality begins to set in 

The end of the month will see the departure of another member of Rovers’ senior executive team.

Ms Louise Smith our Head of Humane Resources has been told she is looking for a new challenge.

Apparently she was was glad to see the back of Mr Gorringe . . . . . and also his front.

• Haha 7

On 10/08/2024 at 21:03, pongo88 said:

I like it when Rovers win the first match of the season as the fans immediately start talking about promotion. Then, as the season progresses, reality begins to set in 

You've got a good memory, the last time we won on opening day was 2011!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/08/2024 at 21:03, pongo88 said:

I think that Division will be a tough one this year.  Unless they have an upturn in fortunes of epic proportions, they are staying put. I think they will finish mid-table, a bit like us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

So that was the first time since you been back in the football league. :laughcont:

It is! Paul Buckle's first game as manager. I landed at Bristol airport about 9am, dropped my wife and daughter off at home, then drove up with my lad, who would have been 14 at the time.

These day's I'm looking for any excuse not to go!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It is! Paul Buckle's first game as manager. I landed at Bristol airport about 9am, dropped my wife and daughter off at home, then drove up with my lad, who would have been 14 at the time.

Secret Red Miah?

42 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

..... How much time have you got?

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If you want a better standard of football, but can't bring yourself to watch City you could always go to watch Bristol's second biggest club, Manor Farm

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Severn Beach Pigeon said:

If you want a better standard of football, but can't bring yourself to watch City you could always go to watch Bristol's second biggest club, Manor Farm

Don't worry, I'll always be going to Rovers :)

Whether , I'd rush around like mad to get to a game nowadays is debatable though.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Don't worry, I'll always be going to Rovers :)

Whether , I'd rush around like mad to get to a game nowadays is debatable though.

At least you know there'll always be plenty of free seats available, MD!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Club and Country said:

I'm genuinely shocked at that, they can't be played each other competitively in years and off course they have the best away support in the country 

As per the Cardiff forum.

As expected for a mid table league one side going to a much bigger club I suppose!

Screenshot_20240813_194230_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

As per the Cardiff forum.

As expected for a mid table league one side going to a much bigger club I suppose!

Screenshot_20240813_194230_Samsung Internet.jpg

Quite funny reading the comments and them having a little rovers love in 

despite playing them every season if we had of brought those numbers we would have been 'tinpot'

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

1200 according to their forum

Absolutely huge numbers

Seems poor for a club that gets to play at Championship grounds once in a blue moon, especially as it is the second nearest one to them.