IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They are already predicting he'll be out by Christmas.

He's basically had to bring in an entire new squad so players will need time.

4 points from the first 2 games and they lost against a team who are top of the league and have a striker who realistically could do a job in the championship.

1 hour ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

They are already predicting he'll be out by Christmas.

He's basically had to bring in an entire new squad so players will need time.

4 points from the first 2 games and they lost against a team who are top of the league and have a striker who realistically could do a job in the championship.

Oi.............I'm watching you !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

'Not the right fit for us'

Such a throw away comment, no reasoning or context, aimed to suggest that they have some sort of style or niche to their natural play that remains unlocked even though they have recycled a large part of the squad.

That's because they're used to having a misogynistic dog molester. This bloke is normal, it doesn't sit right with the rank and file zomboids.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Oi.............I'm watching you !

I'm just saying for "the greatest fans in the world who stick through thick and thin" 1 defeat and they're already calling for his head. Personally I think they should stick with him.

1 goal in 3 games this season and we've scored more times this season than they have since April the fact of the matter is at the moment they are only going one way... league 2.

• Robin 2

2 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Such a throw away comment, no reasoning or context, aimed to suggest that they have some sort of style or niche to their natural play that remains unlocked even though they have recycled a large part of the squad.

Not the right fit, because he doesn't have a criminal record or any known history of tossing off household pets....

I mean, listen to the bloke... he almost sounds like he can talk properly & has some level of intelligence. 

He will never be accepted as one of them..!

• Haha 7

I was chatting to a gas supporting friend last night, he actually went to Stockport and told me of a shout he heard yesterday before Cov equalised at our place.

'Come on gas ffs, the shit are top'!

Am I missing something here? 🤔

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was chatting to a gas supporting friend last night, he actually went to Stockport and told me of a shout he heard yesterday before Cov equalised at our place.

At 1-0 up we were , apparently, top of the League . 

Us being one of only a few early Kick offs helped mind.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

At 1-0 up we were , apparently, top of the League . 

Us being one of only a few early Kick offs helped mind.

I think/hope he was meaning more in reference to how would what Rovers do effect whatever position we were in....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Friend ( gas supporting ) shame on you 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Watched the gas highlights ( very quickly may I add ) fair play to the gas keeper kept them in the game made a few cracking saves , also couple of cracking goals from Stockport who looked very direct & physical and decent 

22 hours ago, redkev said:

Watched the gas highlights ( very quickly may I add ) fair play to the gas keeper kept them in the game made a few cracking saves , also couple of cracking goals from Stockport who looked very direct & physical and decent 

Yeah worryingly the keeper will win them a few points. Was very good up at Rotherham to when i saw the highlights.

On 25/08/2024 at 10:04, Open End Numb Legs said:

To be fair, he’s a classy, articulate, experienced and respected individual. So he’s certainly not the right for them. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

50 minutes ago, Unan said:

Inflated attendances? No, never?

IMG_9152.jpeg

That probably included the fans who actually went to the game,then others who wentnto Reading/Leeds festival, many who had to make massive attack preparations for Sunday. The other 4.2k watched us on Sky 

4 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yeah worryingly the keeper will win them a few points. Was very good up at Rotherham to when i saw the highlights.

Stands to reason.

He isn’t their player.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

our away end doesnt hold 4.5k,  made someone look a right tit

Can only imagine that as them lot played them in the FA Cup, they got 15% allocation, therefore higher than 10% we are getting.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can only imagine that as them lot played them in the FA Cup, they got 15% allocation, therefore higher than 10% we are getting.

They played them up there in the league last season. Scroll down for the attendance…🤫

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/11/match-report-derby-county-vs-bristol-rovers-november-2023

• Haha 7

1,685. Well that's almost 4,500 isn't it?

I see one Gaschat poster had the promotion bus coming out of the garage before the Stockport game. Looks like a couple of wheels fell off.

Edited by fgrsimon
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They played them in the league for the last 2 seasons.

They took 3k the first season (although it was a huge game for them at an ex Prem stadium they hadn’t been to for 2 decades). The next season that following dropped by 50% and they probably would’ve taken 400 if they were in their division this year.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Well remembered.  They took near 9k? Derby’s profile was certainly much higher then, but that’s a quality following regardless. 

I don’t think that’s true…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They played them in the league for the last 2 seasons.

They took 3k the first season (although it was a huge game for them at an ex Prem stadium they hadn’t been to for 2 decades). The next season that following dropped by 50% and they probably would’ve taken 400 if they were in their division this year.

I don’t think that’s true…

All I can find online is 7k with a crowd of 18k.  

When you add gasflation 9k is an entirely reasonable figure. 

8 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

You are clearly forgetting how many fans in the home end would be supporting the Gas as well, due to being their second favourite team.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Unan said:

IMG_9152.jpeg

I definitely know of 2 Gasheads that were in the Car Park that day.

One never made it through the turnstiles and the other got slung out because they mistook his speech impediment for being absolutely mullered and he was ejected.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Rovers fans frequently say that if they had a bigger ground, attendances would increase. Perhaps they use this as inspiration?

I'm wondering whether the gas board (over 60's joke) have been using Football Manager as a modelling tool, or the "loyal and True tools are the model for Football manager?

3 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

7k more likely, I know they took a lot but not 9k. 
I remember it was only a few days before their real cup final that season at Ashton Gate where their fans sat in silence for 90 minutes as we knocked them out of the LDV.

• Like 1

• Admin
20 hours ago, Unan said:

IMG_9152.jpeg

Whilst I hate to back up anything North of the river, the above is actually wrong on this occasion.

Rovers took a big allocation when they went there in the FA Cup when they beat Derby 3-1 in 2002, Rovers were given the full end at Pride Park - partly as Derby fans weren't interested and Rovers saw it as their big day out. Derby were in the Prem and Rovers were down the bottom of what was the 3rd division at the time

The guy above it only referring to allocations for league matches, West Ham got 4,800 in 2023, and Northampton got 5,303 in 2020 for their respective FA Cup matches

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Whilst I hate to back up anything North of the river, the above is actually wrong on this occasion.

Rovers took a big allocation when they went there in the FA Cup when they beat Derby 3-1 in 2002, Rovers were given the full end at Pride Park - partly as Derby fans weren't interested and Rovers saw it as their big day out. Derby were in the Prem and Rovers were down the bottom of what was the 3rd division at the time

The guy above it only referring to allocations for league matches, West Ham got 4,800 in 2023, and Northampton got 5,303 in 2020 for their respective FA Cup matches

I’m pretty sure the Slaghead is referring to their trip 2 seasons ago.

• Admin
57 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m pretty sure the Slaghead is referring to their trip 2 seasons ago.

I certainly would never want to second guess anything going through their minds 😁

Though I don't imagine it'd take too long 

They are massive (in their own tiny minds). They believe it because they use every opportunity to say it over and over again. A bit like when they jump on their nan. The fact that they are playing third tier football in Chernobyl with dreadful facilities & in front of less than 10,000 fans & never sell out. Its not like them to let facts get in the way, is it?

Sags, I'll let you into a secret (in fact its no secret at all) no one gives a Donald duck about your tin pot club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Anybody else get weird 70's flashbacks every time the name R Graydon pops up as a goalscorer for Fleetwood Town?

Wasn't he manager of Walsall when we beat them 2/1 in the last game in the promotion season under Ward?

And did he get them promoted the following season?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Anybody else get weird 70's flashbacks every time the name R Graydon pops up as a goalscorer for Fleetwood Town?

image.png.0fcef9779aa4a1e857f2c49420aef8f2.png

Not sure if this was the card I had, but remember having one similar.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The smell and taste lasted for about 1 minute didn’t it!

And yet thinking about it I can smell , taste and get the feeling of that gum now 😳

On 26/08/2024 at 23:53, fgrsimon said:

I see one Gaschat poster had the promotion bus coming out of the garage before the Stockport game. Looks like a couple of wheels fell off.

Fell off or nicked?

Walking home from work last night I saw a bloke driving a black Range Rover & thought that he looked familiar.

Realised a few minutes later it was Taylor Moore, so then spent a fair while wondering what he was doing in Bristol.

It had completely slipped my mind he was now with that lot, which shows how much they register with me these days.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Walking home from work last night I saw a bloke driving a black Range Rover & thought that he looked familiar.

Realised a few minutes later it was Taylor Moore, so then spent a fair while wondering what he was doing in Bristol.

It had completely slipped my mind he was now with that lot, which shows how much they register with me these days.

Did he get out of his car a punch you in the face?

• Haha 1