IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I don't think there is a flag, it's the old canvas roof to the tent that they are holding up to keep dry.

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Can’t imagine that there will be a bumper crowd at the Mem tonight to watch their home defeat by Charlton. Cold, wet, and miserable - matched by the weather. 

That flag ain’t gonna surf itself …

I don’t blame em they’ve been treated like shit up there and the dross they deliver for the money week in week out I’d rather stay home watch champions league football on tv 

• Confused 1

Well, that post by the gashead was 7 years ago, but when you think about it, the age of it is very relevant as it shows they haven't made the progress the post brags about. We all know football is a money game which is why I keep referring to the '6th richest' and 'we need to adjust to our new found wealth' boasts the supporters have made.

Jam tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

image.jpeg.4d5f39b99d2fcec18e381ae5167aed8c.jpeg

Ungrateful sod.

"waiting to return to the sort of surroundings our support deserve"

The Waste Site at Mangotsfield was refurbished some time ago. It can easily accomodate the Blue Few, and it smells better than the Tentorial.

My take away from that is that he was bleating on about how much he believes in his club but then admits he won't go until they have a decent ground.  Loyal and prowed indeed!

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

I don’t blame em they’ve been treated like shit up there and the dross they deliver for the money week in week out I’d rather stay home watch champions league football on tv 

Sorry, but that's not an option when you claim to be "the best most loyal fans in the world"

I've had to put up with some right shite during my City supporting life (including Div 4), I've never thought I'd sack off Ashton Gate to watch a game on TV.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 10
  • Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

My take away from that is that he was bleating on about how much he believes in his club but then admits he won't go until they have a decent ground.  Loyal and prowed indeed!

They have a descent ground, perfectly suitable for a team dropping down the table so rapidly.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, fatchers said:

The perfect ground for developement..students flats, bedsits or even a Sainsburys ?

On the Rovers fans forum there is talk of Nicholas Higgs being asked to provide Alf Seed with advice on football matters.

This suggestion is being met with much derision but I have it on good authority that Nicholas and some of his pre 2016 team are indeed involved with Alf’s plan to redevelop the Mem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

On the Rovers fans forum there is talk of Nicholas Higgs being asked to provide Alf Seed with advice on football matters.

This suggestion is being met with much derision but I have it on good authority that Nicholas and some of his pre 2016 team are indeed involved with Alf’s plan to redevelop the Mem.

Is this linked to a cast-iron guarantee from Sainsbury’s? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Can’t imagine that there will be a bumper crowd at the Mem tonight to watch their home defeat by Charlton. Cold, wet, and miserable - matched by the weather. 

That flag ain’t gonna surf itself …

Never mind the weather, a new series of ‘Dogs behaving badly’ starts tonight. I know what I’d rather watch!

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

6638 🤣🤣🤣

A smaller one??

Thats pretty shocking. Get them a new stadium NOW!

A smaller one??

Coming for us

….in their pants.

A smaller one??

Edited by Son of Fred

9 hours ago, weepywall said:

6,638 packing out the dump tonight 😂

Bear in mind a "large contingent" from London and quite a few Rovers season ticket holders that wouldn't of turned up but were counted then i doubt if there would of been any more than 5,000 Gas at the game

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Bear in mind a "large contingent" from London and quite a few Rovers season ticket holders that wouldn't of turned up but were counted then i doubt if there would of been any more than 5,000 Gas at the game

Going to be more on the pitch than in the stands soon.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Our lowest attendance in 1995 was just over 6k.

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bric.htm

Our crowds were awful around that time.  Scott Davidson then came in as Chairman with the aim of increasing crowds and season ticket holders.  I’m sure he created or improved our supporters database for mailing etc.

21 minutes ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Our crowds were awful around that time.  Scott Davidson then came in as Chairman with the aim of increasing crowds and season ticket holders.  I’m sure he created or improved our supporters database for mailing etc.

He also introduced free kids season tickets when they opened up the “GWR Stand” one of the reasons myself and many others are still season ticket holders now.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Our lowest attendance in 1995 was just over 6k.

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bric.htm

image.png.9e01a7862717328bbae31a3a61be929d.png

Not quite sure what's happening, but we've got an extra ~2500 attendance in 2024 compared to 2023 !! That's pretty decent. I wonder what percentage of our capacity that is, and whether we need a bigger stadium? (using Gaslogic)

1 minute ago, beaverface said:

Not quite sure what's happening, but we've got an extra ~2500 attendance in 2024 compared to 2023 !! That's pretty decent. I wonder what percentage of our capacity that is, and whether we need a bigger stadium? (using Gaslogic)

Having a quick skim read, we've only ever had higher average attendances of more than 22,813 three times in our entire history!

35 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Without any real improvement on the pitch as well. You could understand it if we had a season challenging for promotion but no, ‘the most boring club in Britain’ in terms of league position…

Yet our support keeps showing up.

See Gasheads, you’ve got no excuses.