IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2021-22

Mr Popodopolous

Really, we can only update and amend it at the Start of the season- but we already have some who are unavailable IIRC?

Feel free to add, amend, correct etc.

• Cundy
  • Semenyo

Not altogether sure of the status of Williams and Massengo. Actually just checked, NP mentioned next week or Forest Green.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Really, we can only update and amend it at the Start of the season- but we already have some who are unavailable IIRC?

• Cundy
  • Semenyo

Not altogether sure of the status of Williams and Massengo. Actually just checked, NP mentioned next week or Forest Green.

As the thread for 20/21 has been removed from the top maybe an idea to keep it here for comparison as we go through the season.

We will always get injuries but let's hope with Rennie now in place and improved fortune (we're due some injury-wise imo.) we'll be able to look back at last season's atrocious list of long term injuries as a disastrous one-off.

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can cross Massengo off the injury list and possibly Williams too.

Important we don't rush players back too swiftly though.

Yes, both available.  Being the right thing to select them is a different matter.

On 01/08/2021 at 18:34, Mr Popodopolous said:

• Cundy
  • Semenyo

Add COD 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Just seen an update on the OS.

Williams, could be a week, nothing major.

COD, touch and go for the weekend. Wont be risked if it's marginal.

Semenyo, couple of weeks to build up fitness.

Yes positive news all round https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/squad-latest-ahead-of-middlesbrough-trip/

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NP mentioned Conway injured or recovering in the pre match press conference- 2-3 months I think he said.

Seems that O'Dowda and Williams are good to go now too and Semenyo has of course returned. So by my reckoning that's Cundy and Conway as our full injury list. More like it, and I'm sure those two will come back strongly also. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Seems that O'Dowda and Williams are good to go now too and Semenyo has of course returned. So by my reckoning that's Cundy and Conway as our full injury list. More like it, and I'm sure those two will come back strongly also. 

Ah yes, Semenyo of course back. Got the assist.

Would still wait a little longer with Williams and O'Dowda or ease them in slowly for a bit yet as especially in CM we have reasonable cover.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah yes, Semenyo of course back. Got the assist.

Would still wait a little longer with Williams and O'Dowda or ease them in slowly for a bit yet as especially in CM we have reasonable cover.

Yea I’d agree. Think Williams may have a job getting a place, all of James, King and Massengo have had very good starts to the season imo. Think O’Dowda will be pushing Pring hard for the LW slot pretty soon tho. Really interested to see our team selection tomorrow. COYR

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yea I’d agree. Think Williams may have a job getting a place, all of James, King and Massengo have had very good starts to the season imo. Think O’Dowda will be pushing Pring hard for the LW slot pretty soon tho. Really interested to see our team selection tomorrow. COYR

Nige seems really impressed with Pring both as a player and a character, so unless his form or stamina falters, or he gets injured, I can't see O'Dowda displacing him.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nige seems really impressed with Pring both as a player and a character, so unless his form or stamina falters, or he gets injured, I can't see O'Dowda displacing him.

Yea I certainly didn't mean that as a disservice to Pring, think he's been very good. I think it might be a case of not overusing him. Then again, I forgot he's actually 23. I can't help seeing all our academy products as 18 until they retire ?

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I would love to know where COD is now. I guess the first we will know is when he suddenly appears on the bench.
Unpopular opinion to some on here, but I think we've missed him.

Nige said he’d had a couple of little set backs but trained fully on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

I thought COD might make the bench today...

Without wishing to cast aspersions or create unfair speculation - wasn't this injury initially described as a "knock"? I confess, I don't follow players' injuries as close as others might, but this seems to have been going on a bit. Will there be full disclosure at some stage as to what's happened? I understand there might be a desire to keep some information confidential, I'm just not sure about such protocols.  

5 minutes ago, Casualobserver said:

Without wishing to cast aspersions or create unfair speculation - wasn't this injury initially described as a "knock"? I confess, I don't follow players' injuries as close as others might, but this seems to have been going on a bit. Will there be full disclosure at some stage as to what's happened? I understand there might be a desire to keep some information confidential, I'm just not sure about such protocols.  

He's got to wait his turn hasn't he?  Others ahead of him from a "waiting for their chance" perspective....and NIge has rules!

• Like 1

So for now we take the injury list as Conway, Cundy and Baker. Hopefully Vyner, Scott and King’s absences yesterday were rotation and HNM and Weimann were just a bit fatigued at the end of yesterday.

We’ll know more next Saturday, nice long break for the lads after yesterdays heroics. COYR!

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

So for now we take the injury list as Conway, Cundy and Baker. Hopefully Vyner, Scott and King’s absences yesterday were rotation and HNM and Weimann were just a bit fatigued at the end of yesterday.

We’ll know more next Saturday, nice long break for the lads after yesterdays heroics. COYR!

King had a tight thigh from Wednesday.

On 18/09/2021 at 14:40, Casualobserver said:

It was an impact injury in the game against Blackpool (should have been a penalty). At the time he looked to be almost in tears and I feared for him that it was likely to be long term, but he's been back in full training for a while and so seemingly isn't impressing Nige?

• Like 1

So far:

Confirmed

• Cundy
  • Massengo
  • Conway

Remains to be seen

• Baker
  • DaSilva
  • Williams
  • Semenyo
  • Wells

Could be in trouble if this starts to flare up again, not like our squad is all that deep. 3 first team and 3 first reserve could be out as it stands.

Add in the fact that Martin being played into the ground makes for a bad scenario and King being 34 shouldn't/won't be expected week in and week out from the start. Scott wouldn't have that concern but he's 17 so how often would we want to play him from the start.

The international break will buy some time for recoveries.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

Dunno about 100%, Conway's status doesn't seem ideal though we haven't heard much for a while and posts on here didn't indicate positivity about a swift return for Massengo but this break if allied with the correct medical care, strength and conditioning will help absolutely- both those whoa re on their way and maybe some who are a bit in and out due to injury- we've not heard about Cundy for a while either?

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno about 100%, Conway's status doesn't seem ideal though we haven't heard much for a while and posts on here didn't indicate positivity about a swift return for Massengo but this break if allied with the correct medical care, strength and conditioning will help absolutely- both those whoa re on their way and maybe some who are a bit in and out due to injury- we've not heard about Cundy for a while either?

Conway in last week’s training / fitness video…so he’s at least getting back to doing stuff the rest of the squad are.

• Thanks 1

Just seen this on Twitter...

Nigel Pearson has confirmed that all of Bristol City's previously injured first-team players, bar Antoine Semenyo, have returned to training and are in contention to play against Bournemouth on Saturday.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Nigel Pearson has confirmed that all of Bristol City's previously injured first-team players, bar Antoine Semenyo, have returned to training and are in contention to play against Bournemouth on Saturday.

Forgot the link to the page ?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-injury-massengo-baker-6059367

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Amazing news. I take it that’s everyone barring Cundy and Conway (and Antoine as stated). Great news ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Amazing news. I take it that’s everyone barring Cundy and Conway (and Antoine as stated). Great news ?

Another bit from the piece.

"We're getting there. The only ones are Robbie Cundy, who has this long-term knee issue which is still a bit grumbly at the moment; Antoine, we're protecting his knee - it just needs a bit more time; Tommy's doing really well and I would think he'll be back out on the grass in the next week or two. He's way ahead of schedule.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NP said Williams, Conway and Semenyo all back on the grass next week. Difference between back on the grass and match fit of course.

King not back until December- no mention of Baker or Cundy.

Baker out tomorrow, might be back next week, seeing as he hasn’t yet returned to training (might be back in today according to Nige), the concussion protocols mean he’s very unlikely to be ready until next weekend.

Conway and Williams due back Monday, Antoine Tuesday / Wednesday.  Back on the grass means ready to undertake proper training.  Whether that’s ready for selection will depend on the individual, how long they’ve been out etc.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1

James injury looked fairly innocuous but we’ll stick him on the list til we know more:

James (should be soon)

Baker (ditto)

Williams (who ever knows)

Semenyo

Cundy

Conway

King

Squad looked short tonight. Need some back soon. Fingers crossed for Cov. COYR.

I was quite literally nauseous at the end yesterday. And am completely crest fallen this morning. Of everything we have witnessed this season that was the low point SO FAR!!!

Anyway I keep reading Pearson doesn’t know his best team. 

Just to keep up with the injury list

williams

Semenyo

Baker

king

James

atkinson

Cundy

Conway

Anyone else?

On 07/11/2021 at 14:58, REDOXO said:

I was quite literally nauseous at the end yesterday. And am completely crest fallen this morning. Of everything we have witnessed this season that was the low point SO FAR!!!

Anyway I keep reading Pearson doesn’t know his best team. 

Just to keep up with the injury list

williams

Semenyo

Baker

king

James

atkinson

Cundy

Conway

Anyone else?

I believe things are looking a bit rosier now regarding injuries. A win against Blackburn on Saturday to truly put the Cov debacle behind us and things will be sweet once more. 

As OTIB understands it:

King

James

Cundy

Tanner

is our injured list. So some names we will miss for sure but at least we've cut it to four. COYR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Couple new niggles for the injury list after our important win against Stoke gave us breathing room. Great result. COYR.

Cundy

Baker (New, seems mild)

Tanner

James (Soon)

King

Williams (New, seems mild)

Unfortunate to see one area, central midfield, hit so hard. Plus side, Ty is in form and Han is ready to go. Fingers crossed one of James or Williams pop up on the Sunday team sheet.

Following that very disappointing performance against Sheffield U:

Cundy

Baker - Get well soon Bakes.

Tanner

James

King

Williams

Hope for some returns prior to next Saturday. It’s a big one at home to Derby. We go in with some actual home form, 7 points from 3, and need to take 3 more. The players are going to need us, so let’s forget today’s crap and be ready for a big day at AG. COYR.

Injuries not looking to bad for our trip to Hull tomorrow. Info on returns taken from Nige's 20 odd minute press conference.

Cundy - Being careful with a knee injury, may be a bit more time.

Baker - Seeing consultants next week, following all protocol with head injury. No time frame.

Tanner - Next week or two.

King - Next week or two. Full training.

Williams - Not much info but I don't personally think we're seeing him until January at earliest.

I noticed O'Dowda moving very gingerly prior to being subbed against Derby, hopefully nothing serious there.

COYR!

• Thanks 2

Tanner’s fit again which is very good, but on James’ second game back was he looking a bit tentative at the end? Well he scored regardless! Hopefully just fatigue and nothing to worry about. Scott similarly is hopefully just a knock and will be back next Saturday, fingers crossed. Which leaves us with:

Cundy

Baker

King

Williams

So pretty good overall! No shock Nige’s trusted medics are doing a world better than Ashton’s mates (I know, I know, let it go). 

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Tanner’s fit again which is very good, but on James’ second game back was he looking a bit tentative at the end? Well he scored regardless! Hopefully just fatigue and nothing to worry about. Scott similarly is hopefully just a knock and will be back next Saturday, fingers crossed. Which leaves us with:

Cundy

Baker

King

Williams

So pretty good overall! No shock Nige’s trusted medics are doing a world better than Ashton’s mates (I know, I know, let it go). 

In the Bristol Post after-match interview it was suggested James was cramping up.  King will be able to be included next week I reckon, but good thing we have a full week before games, then eight days til Boxing Day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1