IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2021-22

Mr Popodopolous

Disappointing result, though maybe our best display in attack? Unpopular opinion perhaps. Defence was a shambles mind.

Baker - career threatening. All the best Bakes.

Cundy - soon.

King - soon.

Williams

O’Dowda

So the new addition in O’Dowda. Surely Pring is a ready made replacement? Thought the Benarous call odd yesterday. Onto Luton away, Covid permitting. COYR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Disappointing result, though maybe our best display in attack? Unpopular opinion perhaps. Defence was a shambles mind.

Baker - career threatening. All the best Bakes.

Cundy - soon.

King - soon.

Williams

O’Dowda

So the new addition in O’Dowda. Surely Pring is a ready made replacement? Thought the Benarous call odd yesterday. Onto Luton away, Covid permitting. COYR.

Made that point last night.  Thought we were very creative at times.  Take their soft penalty out of the chances they had and the xG shows us as win/draw, not defeat.  Our defence let us down, in some weeks they’ve saved us.

• Like 3

Short and sweet as I need to go and scream into my pillow and then dream of head butting that muppet referee.

Baker

Cundy

Williams 

King - one match ban.

Tanner and Semenyo both off injured today, Tanner’s looking worse as it was so innocuous. Fingers crossed we see both on Sunday, or Semenyo at the least.

I’m not sure why I do these game by game updates, but it’s been a few months now and no one has told me to piss off so I’ll continue. 

Baker

Cundy - should be fit now?

Williams

Tanner

So four players. Aka a perfectly standard injury list. A world better than the nonsense of last season (Nige’s boys doing well). 

Fulham in the cup next weekend, so a good chance to wrap some key players in cotton wool til we resume league action (James? Weimann? We shall see). Great result today. COYR.

• Thanks 1

After the Millwall game this update re Tanner. Bristol City are expected to be without right-back George Tanner for at least a month after the 22-year-old suffered a recurrence of the hamstring injury which kept him out of action in November.

• Thanks 1

Guest LeicesterFan16

I come from peace in Leicester. Lots of love to Bristol City everyone's 2nd team in Leicester atm; very envious of you lot having my fav manager off all time.

Really random question about injuries. Have you noticed a big improvement since NP and Dave Rennie came on board. Our injury record under both was exceptional, and 2016 was the best year for injuries a club has had.

Since then BR has come in sacked Rennie and managed to end up in scenario where we only have 8 fit outfielders. Trying to work out how much of it is luck or not. Am interested to see how the injury situation is at Bristol City.

When NP managed us in the championship he was always really careful to avoid overplaying players (always had a rogue team on new year's day)

No new injuries that we KNOW of, but I don’t like the random absence of James today (or Bakinson for that matter). Scott and Atkinson both in the wars today but ok I think. So…

Baker - still no idea.

Cundy - played for U23’s.

Tanner - 2 months plus, big shame.

Williams - training.

James and Bakinson - rested we hope.

Good performance today, just wasteful. COYR.

Edited by BCFCGav

14 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

No new injuries that we KNOW of, but I don’t like the random absence of James today (or Bakinson for that matter). Scott and Atkinson both in the wars today but ok I think. So…

Baker - still no idea.

Williams - training.

Good performance today, just wasteful. COYR.

Bakinson covid

• Thanks 1

On 08/01/2022 at 16:12, BCFCGav said:

Baker - still no idea.

Williams - training.

I really do worry for Baker. I said at the time of the 2nd concussion that it could be career threatening. Even in boxing, 2 KO's and they question the fighters future. Baker had 2 in a short space of time, could be serious worries. Real shame I really love his attitude when he plays.

Cundy got 45 minutes I believe. Frustrating, but great that the medical staff look in no hurry to rush him back and are looking long term. Possibly another couple of U23 run outs before he makes the bench.

Tanner has a tear, but not having an Op. I guess he could be back for the run in, but rather not see him rushed back either.

Williams must be near an U23's run. Be great to see him get some games soon.

Bakinson, as has been said COVID, so available next Saturday I would think.

James must have been rested, hope so at least. The midfield options look decent with James, King and Masengo.

• Thanks 1

On 09/01/2022 at 22:13, 1960maaan said:

I really do worry for Baker. I said at the time of the 2nd concussion that it could be career threatening. Even in boxing, 2 KO's and they question the fighters future. Baker had 2 in a short space of time, could be serious worries. Real shame I really love his attitude when he plays.

Cundy got 45 minutes I believe. Frustrating, but great that the medical staff look in no hurry to rush him back and are looking long term. Possibly another couple of U23 run outs before he makes the bench.

Tanner has a tear, but not having an Op. I guess he could be back for the run in, but rather not see him rushed back either.

Williams must be near an U23's run. Be great to see him get some games soon.

Bakinson, as has been said COVID, so available next Saturday I would think.

James must have been rested, hope so at least. The midfield options look decent with James, King and Masengo.

James - NP has confirmed he has a recurrence of the foot injury sustained against Barnsley. 

Weekly round up after the tricky match yesterday. Not that yesterday matters, because it’s Cardiff next Saturday and I for one can’t bloody wait. Bring it on.

Baker - still no idea.

Williams - training.

James - reoccurrence of a foot injury.

Towler - reoccurrence of a back injury as per Fevs.

I can only really see James and Williams being potentially back in the fold in time for the Severnside. James the more likely of the two. We shall see. COYR

• Thanks 1

On 16/01/2022 at 18:08, BCFCGav said:

Weekly round up after the tricky match yesterday. Not that yesterday matters, because it’s Cardiff next Saturday and I for one can’t bloody wait. Bring it on.

Baker - still no idea.

Williams - training.

James - reoccurrence of a foot injury.

Towler - reoccurrence of a back injury as per Fevs.

I can only really see James and Williams being potentially back in the fold in time for the Severnside. James the more likely of the two. We shall see. COYR

Nathan Baker update is not good news, he is unlikely to feature again this season: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-manager-nigel-pearson-6507286

Well usually having to add two players to our injury list after they were both dragged off before half time would make me miserable. But a combination of being able to remove Joe Williams from said list, and a certain derby win, mean I feel just dandy. 

Baker

Cundy 

Atkinson - new back injury. 

Towler

Tanner

James

King

I think Cundy and James are close, and hopefully King and Atkinson are only mild. Hopefully get a boost from seeing some of them involved on Tuesday.

Safety looking pretty nailed on, so no real pressure to rush anyone back. Massive win yesterday. COYR

• Thanks 1

No new injuries from our unlucky trip to Luton. Onwards and upwards!

Baker

Cundy 

Atkinson

Towler

Tanner

James

King

The signing of Klose (wilkommen!) eases the pressures of no Bakes or Atkinson, with the added good news that Atkinson just has a mild back spasm and shouldn’t be gone long. Hopefully see one of him or Matty James against a tricky PNE on Saturday. COYR

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Semenyo went off injured today I believe? Let's hope it is not too serious or lengthy, he gives us a real added dimension to our play and attack.

He went off on 32 minutes, and came back on after 32 1/2 minutes after a bit of “magic sponge”. ?

• Thanks 1

Another disappointing one yesterday, but we know change comes with some crap along the way. Fwiw, I fancy a (dare I say it) comfortable enough win on Wednesday. The following players may be unavailable though:

Bentley

Tanner

Baker

Atkinson

Towler

James

King

Bentley may be recovered from Covid by then, but I don’t expect to see any others. Certainly not King or Baker.

Time to put some points on the board. COYR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Another disappointing one yesterday, but we know change comes with some crap along the way. Fwiw, I fancy a (dare I say it) comfortable enough win on Wednesday. The following players may be unavailable though:

Bentley

Tanner

Baker

Atkinson

Towler

James

King

Palmer

Bentley may be recovered from Covid by then, but I don’t expect to see any others. Certainly not King or Baker.

Time to put some points on the board. COYR.

Edit to add Palmer. Vyner in CM is an option, and one we may need with James, King and Palmer now out, and Scott occasionally needed elsewhere. Pray Joe Williams stays fit.

• Thanks 1

Well we won, but I aged about a decade. 17 points clear. All done? Anyway:

Tanner

Baker

Atkinson

Towler

James

King

Massengo

Palmer

O’Dowda

Wells

It’s getting a bit long again. Massengo sounds very mild, hopefully we’ll see him Sunday. O’Dowda‘s looked pretty safe too. Wells has Covid so hopefully not long to wait there. 

I thought Matty James’ was nothing much serious but it’s been a while now hasn’t it?

Let’s see a few back this month please Mr. Rennie ?

• Thanks 1

Really frustrating one on Sunday, felt by us all and clearly the manager too. I think we'll be seeing some changes in the defensive line over the coming weeks but we are a little hamstrung (sorry) in our options:

O'Leary

Tanner

Baker

Atkinson

Towler

James

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

A new injury in O'Leary, but Massengo and Wells both returned. We'll see how we shape up on Saturday. Be lovely to see a return from Atkinson, Tanner or James. 

• Thanks 1

That for me was the result of the season on Saturday. I'm an optimistic guy but I had that down as a draw at best, what a fitting tribute it was to win in front of the 8. All round, what an excellent day. And with no new injuries! Though we are warned Williams will likely be given a rest on Tuesday, smart management from Nige and the team. 

O'Leary

Tanner - I've heard end of Feb.

Baker

Atkinson - I've heard end of Feb.

Towler

James

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Great result, safety all but assured and some good players close to a return. I think we can do something we rarely get to do as City supporters, relax. 

• Thanks 1

Back to back losses this week so not a very fun one, but we’re 17 points clear despite a few of the relegation teams nicking odd results. Birmingham next Saturday, I fancy we will give them a game. The following may not though:

O'Leary

Tanner - I've heard end of Feb.

Baker

Kalas

Atkinson - I've heard end of Feb.

Towler

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Well we got Matty back but lost Kalas! Hopefully good news from the club soon. COYR.

• Thanks 1

Another bloody annoying one yesterday, we've tended to win the games where we're 'due' a win this season but not this time. I appreciate the financial constraints are tight and this was always a 'rebuild' year where staying up is enough, and it's pretty nailed on we will. Still, since our barnstorming start under Dean in August 2020 I don't think we've been in good form at any time. We've been a difficult club to support but support we do. Anyway, rambling over, here's the update after the defeat and before HOPEFULLY a stop-the-rot battling draw with Blackburn next Saturday (far easier said than done...).

Tanner

Baker

Towler

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Klose

A hat-trick of returns is a rare bit of good news, with Max, Kalas and Atkinson all fit for yesterday. We did lose Klose though, hopefully just a knock. Roll on next Saturday, give us something to cheer boys.

How nice is it to play a team missing key players and struggling for goals, and actually continue their woes? Especially when said team is 4th. Get in there. Forza Andi Weimann, City legend.

O’Leary

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Happy days. COYR.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Max is presumably still suffering from that whack he got that got him subbed v Swansea?

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I guess so, but he was back on the bench last week v Brum.

Yea I admit O'Leary's injury was an assumption on my part, I haven't heard anything. I figure Max having aggravated that knock from the Swansea game more likely than it just being about giving HWR the bench experience?

• Thanks 1

O’Leary

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

Scott

O’Dowda

Semenyo

******* crap tonight. The only good news that can come out of it is good news on Semenyo and Scott’s injuries. Sadly I’d imagine Williams’ season is over. 11 injured players by the way. Physios sort it out. 

Edited by BCFCGav

Great news from Nigel's presser today, Antoine and Alex are fine, and Williams is only gonna be 3 weeks out (much better than the alternative). O'Leary and Benarous confirmed Covid.

O’Leary

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

Benarous

O’Dowda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Press conference: re Williams - it isn’t as bad as it’s the hamstring rather than the tendon.  Seem to recall Pisano ripped the hamstring off the bone.  If Joe had issues with the tendon part of the hamstring, you can see why it’s been bad.

image.thumb.png.a9952fd3910b9ae472b8b6523cfbe118.png

A physio once told me the closer to the top or bottom of a hamstring you strain, the worse it is.  Better to get your strain in the middle.  That makes a bit of sense I guess.

Think I’m all done with this season. Let me know when we’re mathematically safe someone. Also, Bristol Post, don’t say people are fit to play if they aren’t a la Alex Scott. Your source is shit and so are you. I’m not in a very good mood.

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

Scott

O’Dowda

Semenyo

33 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Think I’m all done with this season. Let me know when we’re mathematically safe someone. Also, Bristol Post, don’t say people are fit to play if they aren’t a la Alex Scott. Your source is shit and so are you. I’m not in a very good mood.

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

Scott

O’Dowda

Semenyo

Scott allegedly was fit (at time of press conference), then pulled up in training…

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Scott allegedly was fit (at time of press conference), then pulled up in training…

Sums the week up ? I noticed Semenyo went straight to the bench rather than down the tunnel, so fingers crossed not much in that.

34 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Sums the week up ? I noticed Semenyo went straight to the bench rather than down the tunnel, so fingers crossed not much in that.

Just heard Pearson’s pre-match interview….looks like they tried him in training and he wasn’t as ok as they thought.

Nigel Pearson provided an injury update ahead of Saturday’s trip to the Vitality Stadium to take on Bournemouth (3pm).

The City manager told Robins TV that Alex Scott is in contention to face the Cherries this weekend after recovering from an ankle knock. However, Antoine Semenyo will remain side-lined with Pearson not putting a timeframe on the striker’s recovery from a knee injury.

“Alex will be fine,” Pearson continued, “Antoine was looking forward to his international call-up so that was a bit of a blow for him. Again, he’s a player that has made good progress in terms of how he is feeling now compared to when he first did it, so it’s a wait and see on him. But it is the knee that he had problem with earlier in the season, we’ll reserve judgement in terms of how quickly he’ll be back with us.”

Pearson also spoke about Joe Williams being back to the grass and his expected return to the midfield in the coming weeks.

“Joe is making really good progress. He has been out on the grass again, so hopefully we might see him back for the Peterborough game and if not then the week after,” said Pearson.

City will likely be without defender Tomas Kalas as he continues his recovery with Pearson adding: “Tomas is making good progress as well, but as I pointed out before it’s something that he has been aware of quite a long while so we’ll monitor that and hopefully he’ll be back soon.”

George Tanner has returned to full first team training, whilst Callum O’Dowda (knee) and Andy King (hamstring) continue their rehabilitation from their respective injuries.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Nigel Pearson provided an injury update ahead of Saturday’s trip to the Vitality Stadium to take on Bournemouth (3pm).

The City manager told Robins TV that Alex Scott is in contention to face the Cherries this weekend after recovering from an ankle knock. However, Antoine Semenyo will remain side-lined with Pearson not putting a timeframe on the striker’s recovery from a knee injury.

“Alex will be fine,” Pearson continued, “Antoine was looking forward to his international call-up so that was a bit of a blow for him. Again, he’s a player that has made good progress in terms of how he is feeling now compared to when he first did it, so it’s a wait and see on him. But it is the knee that he had problem with earlier in the season, we’ll reserve judgement in terms of how quickly he’ll be back with us.”

Pearson also spoke about Joe Williams being back to the grass and his expected return to the midfield in the coming weeks.

“Joe is making really good progress. He has been out on the grass again, so hopefully we might see him back for the Peterborough game and if not then the week after,” said Pearson.

City will likely be without defender Tomas Kalas as he continues his recovery with Pearson adding: “Tomas is making good progress as well, but as I pointed out before it’s something that he has been aware of quite a long while so we’ll monitor that and hopefully he’ll be back soon.”

George Tanner has returned to full first team training, whilst Callum O’Dowda (knee) and Andy King (hamstring) continue their rehabilitation from their respective injuries.

Updates on all of our known injuries barring Baker, Towler and Palmer. But given the severity of Baker’s, Towler’s age and Palmer’s exile I doubt we’ll be seeing any of those three this season. We may not see Baker or Palmer pull on City red again sadly. Great news about Tanner and Scott though. Wonder if they’ll start Saturday.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Updates on all of our known injuries barring Baker, Towler and Palmer. But given the severity of Baker’s, Towler’s age and Palmer’s exile I doubt we’ll be seeing any of those three this season. We may not see Baker or Palmer pull on City red again sadly. Great news about Tanner and Scott though. Wonder if they’ll start Saturday.

Think Scott will certainly feature in the squad, not so sure about Tanner.

I saw this quote from Jonathan Woodgate on the West Ham/Everton match earlier.

Michail Antonio has been outstanding. I think he is underrated.

Difficult to play against, quick.

He just needs a bit more composure in front of goal to get to the next level.

Remind you of anyone?

City have welcomed back injured trio Antoine Semenyo, Andy King and Callum O’Dowda to full training ahead of Saturday’s Championship visit of Peterborough United.

Footage from the Robins High Performance Centre posted on the club’s YouTube channel shows Semenyo, King and O’Dowda all engaging in drills and being put through physical exercises with the rest of the first-team squad.

33 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

City have welcomed back injured trio Antoine Semenyo, Andy King and Callum O’Dowda to full training ahead of Saturday’s Championship visit of Peterborough United.

Footage from the Robins High Performance Centre posted on the club’s YouTube channel shows Semenyo, King and O’Dowda all engaging in drills and being put through physical exercises with the rest of the first-team squad.

Just read that….guess we will find out in the media stuff later whether they’ve returned to “full” training or whether the video was more “warm-up”, light stuff.

Kalas

Baker

Towler

Tanner 

King

Williams

Palmer

O’Dowda

Semenyo

This is where we currently stand in terms of injuries, but as mentioned the Bristol Post seem to think we could see as many as 5 back this Saturday. But they seem to be basing that solely off players appearing in the latest Robins Uncut. I think there's a chance we see Tanner, Williams and Semenyo return to the squad but have doubts over King and O'Dowda. Whoever is back, we REALLY need a win to cheer. Let's back them to the hilt, pretty soon the season will be done and we'll all be bored again. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Just read that….guess we will find out in the media stuff later whether they’ve returned to “full” training or whether the video was more “warm-up”, light stuff.

Yes NP hopefully elaborate in the presser I don’t however think we will see many of them in the squad for Saturday,  perhaps Tanner and maybe Williams.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Yes NP hopefully elaborate in the presser I don’t however think we will see many of them in the squad for Saturday,  perhaps Tanner and maybe Williams.

Just seen this on the OS https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/pearson-gives-squad-update/

Williams and Semenyo the only two that will be in the squad for Posh. 

• Like 1

Kalas

Baker

Cundy?

Towler

Tanner 

King

Palmer

O’Dowda

Sky's match report suggested Cundy was changed through injury. I thought it was tactical, so they may be wrong. I'd anticipate seeing a return or two on Friday regardless.

Speaking of Friday, that SHOULD be the day we become mathematically safe. If we win it's guaranteed, if we draw and Barnsley fail to win it's guaranteed, and if we and Barnsley both lose it's guaranteed. Line-ups may become interesting then, it'll be a good chance to hand out starts to Benarous, Conway, Bell, maybe even the likes of Owers and Idehen. We need a result soon. Everything will feel much rosier when that happens. COYR. 

• Thanks 1

O’Dowda is shown playing as part of a training game on the Instagram account this morning - he’s putting in a cross for Matty James to score. 

Wonder if he can claim that as an actual assist ahead of contract negotiations