IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

Just now, RedRoss said:

I know its popular here to blame MA for everything during and after his tenure (alot deserved) but I don't see how a random guy on Twitter has proved this even more?

Possibly not, but Mighty oaks from little acorns grow

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Possibly not, but Mighty oaks from little acorns grow

That may be the case. I would hazard a guess that its more likely this random guy has no internal knowledge of team selection within Ipswich and we've jumped on the bandwagon. I just find it slightly weird the negative obsession with MA. Reminds me of the droves of bitter Barnsley fans who wanted nothing more than our downfall because of LJ.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

That may be the case. I would hazard a guess that its more likely this random guy has no internal knowledge of team selection within Ipswich and we've jumped on the bandwagon. I just find it slightly weird the negative obsession with MA. Reminds me of the droves of bitter Barnsley fans who wanted nothing more than our downfall because of LJ.

I don't find it weird…I'm not obsessed but he, IMO, did untold damage to this club (with permission).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Their forum lays all the blame at Paul Cook.

Although one or two are starting ask Qs about which ones were Cook signings and which ones were Ashton’s, especially the ones that don’t fit Cook’s de facto 4231.

image.thumb.png.52992b92b529ee5e8845b2fa702b0bac.png

There’s a decent gap to the playoffs, and some relative big hitters above them.  This is gonna be a weird Lg1 this season where there could be serious repercussions for a few teams that don’t go up.  Only 3 can!

We know what we think happened in BS3 but as you say, Ipswich fans in the main love Ashton & see anyone from the West Country pointing this out as simply bitter & they are blaming Cook.

I do think we have to all move on now, many of us believe he screwed us over & left Pearson (& to be fair Holden before him) a pretty shit deal.

However the exodus of staff to Suffolk has presumably ceased & we need to rebuild.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Their forum lays all the blame at Paul Cook.

Although one or two are starting ask Qs about which ones were Cook signings and which ones were Ashton’s, especially the ones that don’t fit Cook’s de facto 4231.

image.thumb.png.52992b92b529ee5e8845b2fa702b0bac.png

There’s a decent gap to the playoffs, and some relative big hitters above them.  This is gonna be a weird Lg1 this season where there could be serious repercussions for a few teams that don’t go up.  Only 3 can!

Some big hitters at that level , League one was never an easy league to get out of anyway even harder these days!

Edited by bris red

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m looking forward to their recruitment in January.  Brought in 20 first teamers in the summer, yet want more.  Some of those in the summer aren’t getting minutes, gonna be worse by end of January.  Scattergun!

The quote below is from an interview with him in September, saying he hopes that by January he will have put in place a larger recruitment department. 

“I can see, by Christmas, us having four or five people in that recruitment department who are both data driven and scouting driven.   

“They have to be of a certain type who understands what I want and what Paul wants and who can work with us to prepare plans for the future.”

Note he specifically says “what I want”.  No, it should be what Paul Cook wants. 

My only hope from this quote is that he would take Gilhespy and his gang up there ?

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

The quote below is from an interview with him in September, saying he hopes that by January he will have put in place a larger recruitment department. 

“I can see, by Christmas, us having four or five people in that recruitment department who are both data driven and scouting driven.   

“They have to be of a certain type who understands what I want and what Paul wants and who can work with us to prepare plans for the future.”

Note he specifically says “what I want”.  No, it should be what Paul Cook wants. 

My only hope from this quote is that he would take Gilhespy and his gang up there ?

I read it at the time and picked up on that exact point.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

What are you suggesting?

Little Lee reunited with his mate? They’ll be able to wear brown brogues together.

Brown in town…..

Good luck to them. The dream team ?

Got to be Dean Holden surely? A 6 week rigorous process indicated he was the best candidate outside the PL less than 1 year ago....so what's changed......his thorough and rigorous world class process will lead to the same answer.

Welcome Dean the best human.

• Like 5

Just now, Davefevs said:

Don’t be so sure….very pally still.

So he would still be happy to take orders from Ashton? Intriguing.

What about the book he said he could write about what went on behind the scenes here I wonder?

In any event it would end in tears with Ashton looking after his own interests as usual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

Is there a video of this LJ incident? Sounds weird and made up 

I'm all for managers and players having a go back from time to time. They can get dog's abuse but if they give anything back the abusers start clutching their pearls.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sunderland 2 points from top with 2 games in hand. 2 fingers.

Johnson places two fingers to remind the fans who , let's face it, are not the brightest attribute to the North East..... particularly when a number have recently suggested to go and get Sean Dyche as his replacement.

2 games in hand? 

image.thumb.png.dfbde0efb67df97d1cb6581dd472cbc4.png

More like one game in hand over 3rd and 4th, and 2nd have one game in hand on them.

I’m trying to find the pic I took of the pair of them at Griffin Park a few seasons back.

They got off the bus together, suited and booted - yes, wearing identical team suits and brown ******* brogues - and embraced and grinned like long lost brothers.

All teeth and no ******* clue.

They’d be welcome to each other. That’ll be another club and group of fans had over by a smooth operator…..

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I wonder what patsy Ashton will appoint to take his orders now he can bring in his own man?

2 former England age group coaches are available for instance.

LJ or Appleton would be my guess.

I feel for Ipswich with that helmet at the helm.

Edited by tin

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

BBC showing different. Now as 1 game in hand.

He should have done two fingers then one finger for clarification.

That pic is from the BBC... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-league-one/league-table/

https://www.skysports.com/league-1-table

I'll hold up some fingers, as that's apparently how you communicate with "not the brightest" fans on games in hand (oh the irony): ✊

;) 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Except your'e usually bigger than that, Dave!

Not where Ashton is concerned….he’s my guilty displeasure!  I honestly can’t help myself.  Sorry.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Has the Johnson bit been proven ? 

Few other tweets too…but it could be BS.

• Haha 1

I AM NOT LJs number one fan by any extent. But Sunderland are third in touching distance of top spot and are still in a cup. 

Lord knows what Sunderland supporters want. They are where they are because they have been awful for years, not due to a bad performance today allegedly. Anyone worth his salt knows that place is a no win job! Lunatics. 

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I AM NOT LJs number one fan by any extent. But Sunderland are third in touching distance of top spot and are still in a cup. 

Lord knows what Sunderland supporters want. They are where they are because they have been awful for years, not due to a bad performance today allegedly. Anyone worth his salt knows that place is a no win job! Lunatics. 

I agree but football fans oop  north are a different breed to us . It really is a religion . If he thinks he came under pressure here then he was in for a shock . We put no pressure on managers/players in comparison . They live & breath it plus Newcastle becoming the richest club in the world will not go down well 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

So he would still be happy to take orders from Ashton? Intriguing.

What about the book he said he could write about what went on behind the scenes here I wonder?

In any event it would end in tears with Ashton looking after his own interests as usual.

Fairly sure they won't be working together again anytime soon.