IGNORED

Remembering Hav: The Official Middlesbrough Vs City matchday thread

Fordy62

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

he said that about Nagy then started him next game.......NP now has 3 out of the 5 on subs bench he should have started with....just 2 more to go

That was the cup though with Nagy?

Also the bringing Kalas back in slowly, fitness wise, argument went out the window when he played 90 mins in the cup - seems a waste of minutes if he had a view to starting him today.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Not so fussed about the chances we create. Much more of a worry for me is how dysfunctional we are in defence. We are conceding poor poor goals.

Absolutely. It starts with being solid at the back. A clean sheet guarantees at least 1 point. Its basic football coaching.

35 minutes ago, City_USA said:

I'm starting to worry that there's something seriously wrong behind the scenes at our beloved club if the rumours about Kalas are true. When was the last time 2 senior players have handed in a transfer request at the same time?

I heard from a couple of different sources, that a certain player has allegedly been caught having an affair with another players wife, would explain a few things if true.

Will this be deleted now?

1 minute ago, mossey said:

I heard from a couple of different sources, that a certain player has allegedly been caught having an affair with another players wife, would explain a few things if true.

Kalas has handed in a transfer request? 

2 minutes ago, mossey said:

I'm just happy one of our players is scoring. 

1 minute ago, mossey said:

Only if you say who the players are,which you need to be fact otherwise you are boris Johnson 

We were right to think next season will be a better chance for us to challenge for promotion. Granted it will be from League 1… don’t want to be doom and gloom but I just can’t see this team staying up. It’s so bad ?

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Toby on RobinsTV very, very nearly said "Bristol S****y" just then.

I didn't mishear it then!

Scummers lost 2 nil and are now in the bottom 2. They can't say they only spent 20 minutes in the drop zone this season.

5 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Based purely on results we’re worse. 

With the players NP has had available we are worse in every department - IMO.

Spotlight needs to turned on the current coaching and away from ex managers and club officials.

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Verging ever closer to stating 'NP out.' 

I'm not, not yet but the evidence isnt looking great at this stage. 

Just exactly how shite are we ?

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Both goals should have been defended better but at least they showed some fight for a spell, both league goals so far have been headers and I wonder how much we will struggle to score other types of goals. In a bad moment right now but there are some other poor teams in the division too, long season ahead but one win and things will start looking up.

3 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

As said before, NP has inherited an absolute mess of a team at the worse possible time. I think this might be a job even too far for someone with his experience 

Extremely frustrating on numerous levels, too many players were anonymous, AW, KP and CM in particular, having got level our poor defending led to their winner, frustrated +++ by our lack of creativity and few decent chances. Warnock showing us how to manage out a game.

Main positive for me Rob Atkinson, who looks the real deal.

Work in progress I know but we aren’t going to create much/score many and need to defend well, today we demonstrated our failures up front and at the back!

So when does the owner start taking responsibility? The mess this club has become since that United game is remarkable. And not one of those players still here. 

Johnson, Holden, Ashton, and now Pearson..  ..I know who is to blame but people don't like to look at the top.......

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Is this one better?

I actually think it is, yes. 

Look, in theory, I completely agree that TK should be in the team on ability. I've just got a feeling he wants out, and has for a while. If that's the case, best for all to move on. He's given us a lot and should probably be in a better team at this point in his career. 

8 minutes ago, mossey said:

Terrible if true. That would have a really negative affect in the dressing room

I think that's' md done vping  I am paying to be entertained.  No urgency, lots of diving and choosing the wrong option, if counter attacking (poorly) and diving around is what is being coached, then I have zero interest, appalling.  Its like watching Johnson or Holden's teams but with added flair Grealish type tumbling. while following thou shall not create or shoot doctrine 

I'm yet to see that he has made improvements, especially in our defending. I'm beginning to wonder how many training sessions it takes to stop players standing around while giving opponents free headers.

At best the jury is still out but things need to improve pdq or he will be under pressure.

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

You have been since April ?

But yeah we aren't looking good atm. It's going to be a big rebuild

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

With the players NP has had available we are worse in every department - IMO.

Spotlight needs to turned on the current coaching and away from ex managers and club officials.

You would have thought with the number of games alone he has been in charge there would have been some discernible improvement in attitude tactics game plan but I'm struggling to see it I mean I might as well be the manager the results would be no worse. 

2 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I actually think it is, yes. 

Look, in theory, I completely agree that TK should be in the team on ability. I've just got a feeling he wants out, and has for a while. If that's the case, best for all to move on. He's given us a lot and should probably be in a better team at this point in his career. 

Then why bring him on,it’s about winning games and he is our best centre back so he starts 

1 minute ago, TRL said:

I think that's' md done vping  I am paying to be entertained.  No urgency, lots of diving and choosing the wrong option, if counter attacking (poorly) and diving around is what is being coached, then I have zero interest, appalling.  Its like watching Johnson or Holden's teams but with added flair Grealish type tumbling. while following thou shall not create or shoot doctrine 

That's Boro, what about City tho? ;)

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Only if you say who the players are,which you need to be fact otherwise you are boris Johnson 

Can’t for obvious reasons, think people could probably have a good guess who they might be, 

just remember back to the end of last season, did we look like a team?

there is obviously something wrong down there, and within the team.

Archived