IGNORED

A Real Derby

England

Tonight should be a game of epic proportions unlike the dirge that we suffered at AG this afternoon.

Last Wednesday I was lucky enough to enjoy a "real" Madrid derby in a Spanish bar watching Real V Athletico where the rivalvry was intense but tonight is much more than a football match. Last year the level of intensity was increased because Figo moved from Barca to Real and during corner kicks he was pelted with coins, litter, bottles and a PIG'S head - the fans this year are incensed that Beckham chose Real over their beloved Barca and despite huge security and appeals from the Barca board to behave, the Barca Boys have promised Becks a very very warm reception - game on from 8.30 on Sky!!

Guest profplum86

ha. well if i could pronounce that stuff i would get up my local sainsbury's and order it, but.........

picking up the phone and saying "one massive hawaiian pizza to be delivered" with a can os strongobw is alot more....stress free

Real haven't beaten Barca at the Camp Nou for 20 years but I can see it happening tonight - new nets have been erected to stop the Butcher Boys getting at Figo, Beckham and co but they still let Figo know their feelings through whistles - Real one up albeit a bit luckily at half time with Puyol fighting on his own.

Guest pogue mahone
pizza you plonker, thats eytie #### - what you want is some serrano ham, manchego cheese, chorizo sausage and a good bottle of rioja - apologies for any spelling mistakes.

i think you will find that pizza is american.

Guest profplum86

well youwill be glad to know i enjoyed the match and my pizza.....

where is it actually from ?

i thought pizza was italiano.....but american ? maybe.....

someone find out!

Sorry for the delay, my PC wouldn't let me post last night.

I saw the fences up to prevent missiles, but they appeared to be up behind the goals only, not the sides. Great if you want to his a visiting winger!

But the time of that game though! The 2nd half started at 9.30pm our time, that's half ten over there. I have visions of all those Real fans ringing Seis-Cero-Seis and moaning "Eh senor, you ever tried getting back to Madrid from Barca at midnight?"

Some people find fault with Steve Phillips; the ideal replacement for him was playing in goal for Real last night. Is Figo good enough to replace Tinman though?

I am really enjoying watching some spanish football of late on Sky.

Good technical games played at a good pace; much better than the Serie A stuff we had to put up with when Gazza was over there.

The best thing about Spanish football is the refs. The one last night at the Madrid game looked about 2 stone overweight and just kind of walked around the centre of the pitch.

Whenever one of the players had a go he just shrugged his shoulders like he didn't even see it; i'm sure thet just get one of the coach drivers out the car park and ask him if he wants to earn a few beer tokens. Great stuff :ph34r:

Guest profplum86
The best thing about Spanish football is the refs.  The one last night at the Madrid game looked about 2 stone overweight and just kind of walked around the centre of the pitch.

Whenever one of the players had a go he just shrugged his shoulders like he didn't even see it; i'm sure thet just get one of the coach drivers out the car park and ask him if he wants to earn a few beer tokens.  Great stuff  :)

they must of blagged that referee from the division 2 list.....the ones that usually ref our matches - but i didnt think they had the mental capacity to talk spanish, the ones we get down the gate

Archived