IGNORED

Preston North End at home - match day thread

Jerseybean

Just now, Marcus Aurelius said:

Preston are just cheating bastards aren’t they, shame as I quite like their fans 

Not helped by a fussy referee, not every player hitting the floor is Christian Erikson, so no need to call on the medical staff. Had a good go at the end, just not enough quality at set pieces or crossing to really create clear cut chances.

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Another home game without a win and one of the first posts after the final whistle.

Sad really.

We are all frustrated that we haven't got that home win that is missing but it's going to take a while to get this squad up to speed in terms of consistency so any points we pick up in the meantime have to be taken and move on until it gets better. First clean sheet this season. Not a great result but 100% would have lost that a few months ago.

Not one to rave about and not one to lose your shit over.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Some people aren't seeing it and are expecting us to threaten the top 6 for some strange reason.

No one said threaten top 6, just you. We should be beating teams like a struggling Preston at home. Simple as that 

Just now, BcfcRed3 said:

You happy with that result are you?

I'm not going to cry my eyes out over it on here that's for sure. Never happy with a draw or defeat at home but as I said earlier Nige has a big rebuild on his hands and we will have bad days (Middlesbrough), good days (Cardiff) and bang average days (today). Which is pretty much reflected in our record of won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2 so far. I'm not over the moon about it but not being a whining little bastard about it either.

1 minute ago, BcfcRed3 said:

You happy with that result are you?

Not unhappy, Preston well organised, we had our moments but this is a game we’d have lost last year. Gave it a good go in the 2nd half. This is a team does not give up which is good to see.

Just now, Simon bristol said:

And before

I’d argue that our last game before the break was good..

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

A point is a point,it’s all about survival this season and picking up points when not playing well will see us fine 

I don't think it's about survival, we should be too good to go down.

I think it's about progression. About turning some more home games into wins, like this. About playing better football than the last 2 years, which by and large we have done this season. 

I'm not expecting a top 6 finish, but do hope to see more home wins so a point against Preston is a tad disappointing. Hopefully we can beat Luton and get this duck off our back. 

2 minutes ago, BcfcRed3 said:

No one said threaten top 6, just you. We should be beating teams like a struggling Preston at home. Simple as that 

"Struggling" Preston who are a point behind us and never give us an easy game. That struggling Preston? Go and have a lie down or a glass of water to calm yourself down or something.........

3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Showing some fighting qualities to come from 2 down to draw 2-2 with Blackburn. Bit of a bogey side for us in recent years.

Think they comfortably beat us last season didn’t they. Still, we need a home win - 4 points from any set of two games is good return, but if we take 2, or 1, then it’s pretty poor really.

3 minutes ago, BcfcRed3 said:

I wouldn’t say Preston were struggling….a bit like us in that they are a reasonable championship side, solid at the back and midfield, just a bit lacking up top, probably a bit like playing against a mirror.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

"Struggling" Preston who are a point behind us and never give us an easy game. That struggling Preston? Go and have a lie down or a glass of water to calm yourself down or something.........

And had won their last 3 games, 2 in the league, probably not the dictionary definition of struggling. 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

I think it's about progression. About turning some more home games into wins, like this. About playing better football than the last 2 years, which by and large we have done this season. 

I'm not expecting a top 6 finish, but do hope to see more home wins so a point against Preston is a tad disappointing. Hopefully we can beat Luton and get this duck off our back. 

Are we a better side than Preston,because we haven’t been for years 

1 minute ago, BcfcRed3 said:

There will be a fair few games like today before this season ends. I'd be more than happy if we end up finiishing eleventh in the table.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

It's about patience imo then progression and you can see from some (definitely not all that's for sure) of the football we are playing that we are heading in some sort of direction now. The mess we were in at the end of last season can't be completely turned round in a few weeks of football.

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Incredibly lucky not to lose. Toothless in attack. Audible cheers around me when they took off Jonhson who was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

Boring to watch, this team is shit.

Thanks Lee....how did Sunderland get on today? 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Incredibly lucky not to lose. Toothless in attack. Audible cheers around me when they took off Jonhson who was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

Said the man who probably didn’t have that view when we played Cardiff.  Lots of forum melting going on this afternoon

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Watch out, keyboard warriors will get you

agreed.

2 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

Not terrible but not great. Fair result just about on the balance of play. 

Massengo, Pring and Weimann looked a class above the rest of the team but concerned about the defending in general.

That will be the story of this season i think Just average with a few real lows and few highs

Just now, Super said:

Grim stuff.  They had enough chances to have won. Didn't get team selection and changes were bizarre as well.

Agree. Imo Pearson got it wrong today. Playing same team because they done well two weeks ago in a completely different type of match which was also away. Sure clean sheet and all that but you could feel it in the crowd that we haven’t won at home in months. Semenyo and Dasilva from start I’d have done but oh well. Was not a disaster but probably lucky with the point

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It was a very tough game. Preston were very sharp and strong defensively, very compact. I think Weimann and Martin have been class so far this season but not too much of a problem today for the Preston defence.

I think tactically they were causing us problems. I still feel that Massengo central with Semenyo wide right might give us a bit more mobility in both areas of the pitch. But also Scott already looks so good, I was disappointed not to see him come on last 20.

Wells did well though wide left. Forced some corners and gave us some fresh legs and pace. Pring's legs seem to go after an hour or so.

I actually thought it was an entertaining 0-0. Probably a fair result, maybe they edged it. I thought Swansea game was a better performance but I think Preston are the more difficult team to play against.

Decent assessment of the game. You can spot the posters who think longer term and those who literally judge us a Brilliant or Absolute Shite from week to week depending on the result.

Archived