IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers away match-day thread

Jerseybean

First half thoughts - decent from us HNM again looking the stand-out player, Tanner and Bakinson both look comfortable. Classic counter-attacking goal from Martin on the cusp of half-time

QPR look after the ball very well and have looked the much more likely to score.

City fans have been exceptional.

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Very average first half. Weimann and Martin non existent. Pring average. Atkinson poor. Everyone else has done okay but too many off their game 

Well done. Worked after 2 minutes.

Can you post that again in the second half please?

Just now, Jerseybean said:

First half thoughts - decent from us HNM again looking the stand-out player, Tanner and Bakinson both look comfortable. Classic counter-attacking goal from Martin on the cusp of half-time

QPR look after the ball very well and have looked the much more likely to score.

City fans have been exceptional.

Where are my glasses

To be honest this is a nice goal, good team work. Weiman was very smart and confident also and HNM like I said, I love his first touch and his ball controll, he feels very secure and he move the ball with great ease.

Difficult to argue if it was a boxing match, QPR would be ahead on points. Our back line looks like what it is, new and getting to know each other. They get crosses in too easily and, other than the goal, front two pretty anonymous. Not sure Martin is a three in a week player.

Equally it’s hardly been the Alamo, we have competed hard, and who knows! Fingers crossed for a clean sheet.

Think Massengo and Bakinson have been the stand outs. Weimann and Martin have barely been in the game but obviously they’ve done what they needed at the crucial moment.

I think Tanner looks like a player signed from a lower division trying to adjust to this level but has looked solid enough. 

All in all, one of those slightly silly games where we have been solid but not looked like scoring but have nonetheless scored anyway!

1st half summary:

Shape not right w/o the ball, need to all shift 10 yards further right....everything is down QPR's left, and too easy.  They've put several good crosses in from 20-25 yards out.  The couple of occasions Kalas has allowed Tanner to go tight to McCallum and then tracked Dykes / Gray himself, we've forced good, high turnovers.

James having to move too far from Bakinson, 

We've looked good on the break, Massengo outstanding.  No assist (gets a second / hockey assist)....cool from Weimann.

Just need a bit more patience on the ball.

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

Very good first half, just need to look after ball better and stop giving it back so quick when we turnover possession

...should be pinned to the dressing room wall!

It's been our failing match after match.

16 minutes ago, magunn said:

HNM will play on the premier league, though I doubt it'll be with us. Absolute quality and getting better. 

Now LJ has stopped training him to be like Lee, NP has got the lad going

1 minute ago, fishy said:

I so hope we don't sell him in Jan unless it's for an absolute fortune. 

Almost the best time to sell him, could ask for silly money. Although I suspect unless you are backed by Russians, Arabs or US syndicates the silly money days are over for a while. I’d love him to stay for a couple of years and grow with Pearson’s team.

Archived