IGNORED

Rovers

gater2

When rovers got relegated and I heard their results every week on sports report in the car after a city game, I always had a little chuckle. But recently, I've found myself not being so happy if they do lose.

I miss derby days and now Cardiff have gone, there's no one we really dislike with a passion to play against.

If they got promoted this year, and we didn't, I'd obviously be devastated, but a small part of me would relish playing (and thrashing :ph34r: ) them again.

Guest profplum86

i cant wait for the next one - even if we lost it would be an expericne of a good atmosphere i havent witnes at the gate for a long time. and its great when we are both in thesame division - the banter between fans is better.

I've had a good time with derby games. Infact the only derby match I've seen us lose would be the 1-0 loss in the play-offs against Cardiff.

If we never play them again I wouldn't be bothered. I prefer the games against Cardiff, and would be more than happy with playing them twice a season in Division 1.

Guest profplum86
<br /> Bleedin' numpty!

yeh sorry :ph34r: I think that is comedy of the highest order i just think it wud be great if we were in a division where all of our rivals - local or not were in it.....

i think some of these should be included

baaadiff

rovers

QPR

millwall (although not rivals - always a good atmosphere)

stoke

amunst others.....anyone got any other ideas on who would be good to have in our division ?

I think that is comedy of the highest order

The reason you have to put slashes between the letters is because it changes it automatically.

The reason it does this is because those three letters annoys the hell ou of the majority (myself included) on this forum.

:ph34r: shows you are laughing well enough I reckon.

Guest profplum86
<br /> The reason you have to put slashes between the letters is because it changes it automatically.

The reason it does this is because those three letters annoys the hell ou of the majority (myself included) on this forum.

:ph34r:  shows you are laughing well enough I reckon.

:PC_Plod: Removed for foul and abusive language. :PC_Plod:

<br />

but thakns alot for telling me that it annoys you, i will write it down and not say how funny next time, yehh, is that ok sir ?

..............or that gay little childish face.

Yeah, that would be great. Cheers mate :)

And thanks for outing the smilies... I always though they were a little camp!

baaadiff

rovers

QPR

millwall (although not rivals - always a good atmosphere)

stoke

anyone got any other ideas on who would be good to have in our division ?

For atmosphere from my experiences over the years from away trips other than the ones you mentioned :-

Birmingham

West Brom

Reading

Leicester

Millwall away about the late 80's was one of the funniest games I ever went to. Went via official coach which was diverted because of massive flare-up taking place near the ground.

As we pulled up waiting to turn into the ground the first image we all saw was a kid no older than 8 with a skin-head. Just looked at the coach and mouthed "bankers" or similar whilst giving us the :TheBird:

It was the first time for many of us at Millwall and everybody on the coach was wondering what the hell we have let ourselves in for. Ten minutes after kick-off, "the boys" from the flare-up turned up sporting a vast array of bumps and bruises.

Spent the whole game winding up Millwall fans through the metal fences; absolute nutters they were, but never experienced an atmosphere like it since, not even at Cardiff. Great (if not slightly scary) times :)

Anyway back to the original post.... I wouldn't be bothered if we never played a Bristol Derby again. Yes, i admit i used to have a little chuckle when i heard that Rovers had lost and when they score comes up at the Gate at HT and the whole crowd errupts when the Rovers are 1-0 down i just have to join in. ;) But i much prefered the Cardiff derby's last season and id welcome them back anytime :)

Guest east_dundry_red

I prefer away games where we are VERY close to the home fans 'mob'. You can wind them up brilliantly and they hate it.

Thats why i enjoyued beating cardiff 3-1 so much, bottles, seats, coins and everything flying all over the place, the cardiff fans trying to break down the fences between the fans, I LOVED every second of it.

i think it would be good for the bristol derby to return brings in alot of people and always is a good game to watch the only trouble is we will probably have to meet them not them to meet us (meaning we getting relegated) which is not a good thing

Guest Hodges17
i do because theres actually sum atmosphere at these games

Theres atmosphere a tevery rovers game.

And those lot who say they dont care about the Bristol derby - shut up.

Whether people like it or not - I'm pretty neutral, but i'm firmly behind City every week 110% Would just like to see us and the Gas in the premiership, it would be fantastic, not going to happen but hey. I've come to think yeah - Rovers demise is quite funny, they didn't even make it into the first round of the league Cup after losing to Boston a year or so ago, but to play them again would be great, and i'd be 100% behind City.

Basically i was brought up supporting Rovers because at my Under 7's Football Team, Stoke Lane, everyone was Gas, so we went to watch a few matches with Free Tickets, but to tell the truth, i had more knowledge of the City side than the gas!

Players like Agostino, Tinnion, Welsch Etc. Rovers wern't of much interest, dont ask why :)

Also i'm from a Gas area, Fishponds, but it's getting more even now with City the more succesful, so to be honest, Rovers dont really interest me, except to say if they went above us in terms of success and leagues, i would be quite upset ;)

..Adds
how funny

to the word filter :)

A victory for those who type in full words!!

As far as the post goes I'd love to play the Bristol Derby again although I'd also like Rovers to get relegated so it'd have to be the FA cup.

No doubt I wouldn't care if the three teams to go up this year are QPR, Plymouth and us.. think of next year's possible games:

Cardiff

Stoke

Millwall

Plymouth

QPR

West Ham

Watford

Wolves

Reading

Could be one hell of a season!!

Archived