IGNORED

Peterborough United away match day thread

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Really hoping Chris 'slow coach' Martin is not picked to start again, but that may depend on whether Wells is fit or not.

Typical. Yes he wasn’t at his best Wednesday but he gets battered by defenders every game. His hold up play & first touch generally is very good. Yes he lacks pace but we knew that when we signed. I’d much rather have him up top than trampoline foot fam 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I never said CM wasn’t a better player than Fam , neither did I say he didn’t put in a shift for the team , I do however think that he’s not the quickest and would play NW in his place . 

Completely different player to Wells though. You need to change the way to play to feed Wells as the main striker. Away from home Martin is the perfect front man to hold the ball up & take pressure off the back four 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Typical. Yes he wasn’t at his best Wednesday but he gets battered by defenders every game. His hold up play & first touch generally is very good. Yes he lacks pace but we knew that when we signed. I’d much rather have him up top than trampoline foot fam 

Agree he gets battered by defenders, agree his hold up play & first touch can be good when he is sharp and is certainly better than Fam offered. The issue is that by continually picking him to start 2/3 games a week, he is not sharp, in fact getting more laboured each game, and is really contributing little to us. Fully rested up he is an asset, not flogged he isn't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree he gets battered by defenders, agree his hold up play & first touch can be good when he is sharp and is certainly better than Fam offered. The issue is that by continually picking him to start 2/3 games a week, he is not sharp, in fact getting more laboured each game, and is really contributing little to us. Fully rested up he is an asset, not flogged he isn't.

We have little choice away from home especially. I will get answers of , we should of bought one in the summer but I’m 100% in agreement that you should only bring in better than you already have , otherwise you stagnate.
we haven’t got the money at the moment so we have to cope  

3 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Martin again? The guy is burnt out. 

I would’ve questioned it too had Wells been fit, but with Semenyo also out, what other option do we really have? Weimann isn’t a lone striker .

Edited by RedEyez

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Wells isn’t fit is he . So who do you think who’s better that  leads the line . Especially away from home ? 

Anyone. Try Vyner up there. He had a few good games in midfield last season. Playing Martin is like playing with ten men. Hope Weimann decides to join in today.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, JonDolman said:

Could be Williams wide right in a 442. He has played there in the past.

Or possibly 4141/433 with Weimann wide. 

Really hoping our strikers can play better than they have recently. I don't think Martin has been that bad in some of the games, but was very poor against Millwall. Weimann nowhere near the levels he had been in games like Cardiff and Reading. Problem is there isn't much available to put them under pressure.

The midfield looks pretty solid. Happy enough with that.

Bell on the bench at least

3 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Why O’Dowda? I’m not even worried about this post coming back to bite me. He is such a passenger. 

In fairness he has one good game a season and he hasn't had it yet , Lets hope its today then we can loan him out ;)

• Haha 1

Gotta get our crosses beating the first defender and putting them under pressure. If we are playing Martin with O’dowda then then he’s got to try getting behind the defence to whip the ball in. We struggle doing this, and its frustrating when we see other teams keep doing it to us. Our movement needs to be so much better and smarter. 

Surprised how quickly Tanner has gone from future potential to first choice. 

He does look good pressing forward and has settled into the side well which is great. Obviously he's had a steep learning curve but looks to be the real deal.

Just now, Slippin cider said:

Is it only audio and no TV on RobinsTV? 

Yeah. The 3pm no domestic TV coverage rule is now back in force because crowds have returned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

He does look good pressing forward and has settled into the side well which is great. Obviously he's had a steep learning curve but looks to be the real deal.

Yeah. The 3pm no domestic TV coverage rule is now back in force because crowds have returned.

Got pace, athleticism, gets his head up.  Good signs.  Settled pretty quickly.  Hopefully have Williams in front of him today, they started to link well first 15-20 mins of second half, getting Tanner on the outside.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Agreed - he has slotted in really well. I really like his competitiveness. 

1 minute ago, Offside said:

Glad to see Williams is deemed fit enough to play. With HNM out, we need some energy in the side. 

So is Wells injured? Apologies if this has been mentioned already on this thread but I haven’t had time to read it all. 

Yes, tight groin from Wednesdays warm-up.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Can't you get it if you use a VPN?

3 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Needs to perform or he will be heading for the door.

He and the coaches need to accept that his potential is as an attacker running with the ball, because he doesn’t really cut it as a meat and potatoes midfielder. Unleash the potential.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

The main reason I rarely comment on the match day thread . Everyone’s a ******* expert when the teams announced ?

I love it when they make comments during the game then find out they listened to bbcrb.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

Ahh exellent odowda’s back in the team could today we see him fulfill his potential after all weve only been waiting four years

Ask the question..how many times you  left a stadium and said or thought COD was good today…one comes to mind few seasons back when we lost 3 2 at Norwich…anyone else please…but today will be the day….be  positive ?

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The main reason I rarely comment on the match day thread . Everyone’s a ******* expert when the teams announced ?

plus the one or two that have crawled out of the woodwork after one defeat in 6 

Everyone an expert or has an opinion? Would be pretty drab on here if no one shared their view. 

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rather than predict poor performances from certain players before the game even starts, why don’t we actually just watch how they play.

Its a good eleven.  There is no reason for it to not perform based on one or two player’s selections.

Spot on Dave, as usual. We all understand the limitations of the current squad (yes, there are plenty). But it is what it is, and we'll be stuck with what we we've got for a good while yet.

How about getting behind the players and trying to encourage them to give the best that they've got?.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Just now, Red_Alligator said:

Spot on Dave, as usual. We all understand the limitations of the current squad (yes, there are plenty). But it is what it is, and we'll be stuck with what we we've got for a good while yet.

How about getting behind the players and trying to encourage them to give the best that they've got?.

...and then during the game, the bias + or - to certain players is amazing.  One players bad touch pounced upon, another ooooh that was unlucky.

Its why I tune out of the MDT during the play, and watch the game.  Its worth reading back 20-30 pages on a Sunday or Monday, and picking out the bias.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Obviously not the perfect team any of us would pick with free choice, but this is the reality of where we are right now.

We are going to have some average players, inconsistent ones, or tired ones - that's the life of a mid table championship club which I'm very relieved to day we seem to be this season.

Still think they're a decent 11 for us and good enough to get a result today.

COYR!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I love it when they make comments during the game then find out they listened to bbcrb.

Yep. 100% belters. I’m not there today & got rid of my dodgy  iptv stream so its radio Bristol for me . I may comment that I’m happy or disappointed with a result but you can’t comment on the performance. 
 Mind you Ian what ever his name is , is currently making a living from it . ?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

plus the one or two that have crawled out of the woodwork after one defeat in 6 

So everybody has to bow to your greater knowledge and opinion do they? You've got your opinions, I've  got mine. Live with it!

2 minutes ago, Desso said:

So everybody has to bow to your greater knowledge and opinion do they? You've got your opinions, I've  got mine. Live with it!

Where did I say that exactly . In my opinion your opinion is uneducated. We haven’t kicked a ball yet but you’ve slagged off both our strikers that have in general had a good start to the season & even suggested playing vyner up front . ?

Edited by steviestevieneville

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

BBC have lined us up as 3-5-2.

Warming up just now Pring and Tanner lined up either side of Kalas and Atkinson, which would seem to indicate a back 4, but might have been trying to fool Posh. 

• Thanks 2