IGNORED

Let’s not overreact

Robbored

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

I merely stated that the excuses for our poor performances and home form can only go on for so long, when would you admit it was not acceptable? everybody has a different tolerance level mine is maybe a bit lower than yours.

Of course, and as someone with a season ticket who doesn't go to away games currently I'm not exactly saying it's great. It's still better than I expected at the start of the season though so I'll take it.

Overall I'm happy enough currently - although If every game starts trending towards performances like yesterday I'd probably change my tune. I'm reasonably confident that wont happen though!

Given I consider us a lower mid table team I'm trying to be a bit more stoic this year in the face of crap performances, as that's exactly what I'm expecting a few of unfortunately...

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Of course, and as someone with a season ticket who doesn't go to away games currently I'm not exactly saying it's great. It's still better than I expected at the start of the season though so I'll take it.

Overall I'm happy enough currently - although If every game starts trending towards performances like yesterday I'd probably change my tune. I'm reasonably confident that wont happen though!

Given I consider us a lower mid table team I'm trying to be a bit more stoic this year in the face of crap performances, as that's exactly what I'm expecting a few of unfortunately...

Our injuries seem to be mounting again which obviously hasn't helped, perhaps I expected too much from his appointment but I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed at the moment I really hope you are right and in time we will improve but as fans we always seem to be waiting for that.   

42 minutes ago, pillred said:

Our injuries seem to be mounting again which obviously hasn't helped, perhaps I expected too much from his appointment but I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed at the moment I really hope you are right and in time we will improve but as fans we always seem to be waiting for that.   

I like many have been waiting over 25 years and have seen the club very nearly go out of existence. So I am happy with where we are.

I was just trying to find crumbs of comfort to cheer me up, I only had to look at last season.

Yesterday was the first time this season, 12 games, that we’ve lost by more than a goal, all tight games that could have gone either way, until yesterday.

The last 12 games of last season we lost by more than a goal 7 times! 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I merely stated that the excuses for our poor performances and home form can only go on for so long, when would you admit it was not acceptable? everybody has a different tolerance level mine is maybe a bit lower than yours.

How many poor performances have their been?  Home results have been poor, but away results stellar.  Away results have come with a mixture of performances too.

It is unusual to have such wildly contrasting home and away results, it’s usually the other way around, can’t buy a win away from home.

Yesterday was poor, not denying that.

43 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I was just trying to find crumbs of comfort to cheer me up, I only had to look at last season.

Yesterday was the first time this season, 12 games, that we’ve lost by more than a goal, all tight games that could have gone either way, until yesterday.

The last 12 games of last season we lost by more than a goal 7 times! 

Ok, I'll try.

The one positive I can take is the defence. Despite Bournemouth having all that possession we only conceded two. Not only that but Bentley didn't have many tough saves to make. Just about all of the rest often was awful, but Kalas and Baker in particular put in a shift.

Edited by Calculus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pillred said:

Spot on, any other manager for any team that had not won at home for over 9 months would surely have been shown the door, the excuses being made for Pearson can surely only go on for so long.

What excuses would that be?

Unlucky at least twice at AG by conceding very late goals.

Remember that Pearson is gradually rebuilding after the shambles left by LJ and DH and that takes time and already we’ve seen improvements in fitness and our away form.

City are a quarter of the way thru the season.

• Like 1