IGNORED

Singing Sections

Guest cidered

Guest profplum86

i think either the dolman or williams - next to the away fans wud be good - williams would probably be better - but your going to have trouble organizing it i think

Guest profplum86
well tomarse apparently is going to sujest it to the board seeing as hes on there now

suggest it to which board ? this one ?

also where is he planning on suggesting the move to ?

Guest profplum86
Read the Board, you never know, you may even learn something.

i hate to be a poor misguided fool, but....what board ?

seeing as you said that with such patronizing effect i am assuming it is right under my nose ?

plaese dont take the ###### :ph34r: I think that is comedy of the highest order

If I was to designate a singing section at present, it would be the last 2 blocks of the Dolman as there is a good view of the action, not as many season ticker holders to "upset" as in the middle blocks of both the Atyeo and Dolman and it is the right place to attempt to drown out the away support, however, with the acoustics the low roof provides, don't think that will ever happen if there is a 1000 or so away supporters.

Of course, if the club was to introduce a singing section, they first have to consider whether the East End is the permanent home of away fans. If not, then at least 50% of that stand behind the goal is the prime palce for a designated signing section (#### view though, which may well put a few hundred people off for starters).

Guest profplum86

i think one idea would be to do what baaaaaaaaaaadiff have done.

the acoustics in our east end amplify the singing like a b!tch, so i think if we opened the east end moe often and then next year made say...half of it available for season tickets, then people would obviously go there to sing... i would for one, but the thing is, is we would have to get the message to the people up in the dolman who sing, and the band....

the only problem is, is that the club/fa or whoever, might argue that the seats mean that it is "unsafe standing".

i have seen someones signaure on here is "east end janurary something for the chesterfield game" i think if we get everyone in there, everyone is well behaved, and it goes well, the club REALLY dont have an excuse not to lt us in there.

if they are worried about security, PUT UP A FENCE!

if anyone agree's with me, please say something and we could prehaps copy the linkof this forum into theask steve l forum. i wouldnt want to be too dusruptive to the club but also a couple of protests....or a patition(SP) i mean, i am sure all the singers wil sign it, and all the season ticket holders who we annoy in the ateyo will sign it, to get us out of the way.

recalim the east end

Guest Cider Red Sam

I think a singing section is a brilliant idea, but why don't we wait until we redevelop Ashton Gate? (assuming we don't move to Wales!)

This way it won't affect current season ticket holders because in the new stands no-one would have had seats where they have been sat for like millions of years and so then any potential singers wouldn't be bothering anyone who doesnt want them there.

Plus i think more season ticket holders and regular attenders (i couldnt think of a better word!) would be more willing to move from there current seats to the new stands then would be willing to move from there current seats to the east end. I know that certainly goes for me and the people I go with. As good as the east end is for creating atmosphere, the view is absolutely shocking. I wouldn't mind going in there, but my mates don't want to (cant say that i blame them) and I'm not going to go in there on my own when I can sit with my mates and watch from the luxury of the GWR, with a perfect view and loads of leg room. Plus sometimes where i sit (block b so I'm underneath block b of the dolman) when the atmosphere gets going you can get invloved in the singing anyway.

Just a thought....

Guest profplum86

well its all well and good suggesting on here, that we should move the singers to the middle of the ateyo, it wont happen.

there are too many people who sit at that position because they like the view and like sitting down and enjoying a good (or bad) gane of football - the good thing about opening the east end is that it is win win!

behind the goal in the ateyo

If this idea of a dedicated singing section (and what a great idea it is B) ) ever takes off, then that is great.

However, I for one would not sit behind the goal for love or money. I don't mind at away games cos quite frankly, you ain't got a choice.

I like to watch the game as well as sing; and have always found you get no perspective from behind the goal. Also, there is far too many season ticket holders in all central blocks currently and I don't believe the club would ever consider potentially upsetting that many people.

As I said above, the East End is the most viable option, however, blocks at the end of the Dolman would guarantee more fans as people like myself would consider this a good move from their current seat.

By the way, for my benefit and probably quite a few others who watch the game from the side of the pitch, can somebody tell me why people think the centre of the Atyeo is such a great place to sit? Not saying it isn't, just intrigued as I have never fancied sitting their in the slightest.

Guest profplum86
If this idea of a dedicated singing section (and what a great idea it is  B) ) ever takes off, then that is great.

However, I for one would not sit behind the goal for love or money.  I don't mind at away games cos quite frankly, you ain't got a choice.

I like to watch the game as well as sing; and have always found you get no perspective from behind the goal.  Also, there is far too many season ticket holders in all central blocks currently and I don't believe the club would ever consider potentially upsetting that many people.

As I said above, the East End is the most viable option, however, blocks at the end of the Dolman would guarantee more fans as people like myself would consider this a good move from their current seat.

By the way, for my benefit and probably quite a few others who watch the game from the side of the pitch, can somebody tell me why people think the centre of the Atyeo is such a great place to sit?  Not saying it isn't, just intrigued as I have never fancied sitting their in the slightest.

i have sat there a few times - and it is nothing great.

i used to sit at the back of the dolman - block C one row from the back, and the view there was much better than the ateyo. i only moved there becasue of the band and i wanted to be with the singing and atmosphere. when i was in block C the atmosphere wasnt great but in block h

its like 200 people going :Costumed19: come on city!

Archived