IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We have an owner who has literally lost interest in bailing the club out and actually cannot to a huge extent due to FFFP anyway. His madness in defending the indefensible (I'm talking about that *** Swiss Tony) has literally cost us millions of pounds then you add in Covid and finacially we are ******. I am certain that Pearson has been put on a three year contract to literally get the club sorted out in THREE YEARS (believe it or not) whilst Steve takes a back seat and spends as little money as possible.

Anybody who thinks that Steve will keep dipping his hand in his pocket and paying for new managers on the whim of a few bellends on here plus the associated staff changes is wet behind the ears at best, a ******* total clown at worst. We can see with the current coaching changes taking place that he is backing Nige and that is that. This season is about avoiding relegation and small improvement........that's all it is and anybody who disagrees with that is simply in denial of the facts and the situation we were in at the end of last season.

None of us want the team to be getting embarrassed on a Saturday but some people are accepting that this is the pain we have to put up with for a while.

Someone who talks sense 

• Like 2

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

Didn't he have money to that? We keep getting told we have none so why does anyone think he's going to be able to replicate something he's done once again?

Maybe he won't. Seems a better bet than someone who's got no track record at all.

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Well if that's really what you want, what have you been watching? Because we've given everyone a game, bar Bournemouth and WBA. We've been competitive in every game, bar Bournemouth and WBA.

Both those teams were in the Premier League last season and everyone's perfectly aware of the gulf these days between that division and this one. Meanwhile, on form we're lucky not to be a Third Division team by now and the manager has been given precious little resources to change that around.

So what do we realistically expect, either today or in the short term? 

It was always going to be a horrible struggle this season, never mind today against a superior opponent at a ground we do badly at.

Derby drew there. Millwall drew there. Luton game them a game and lost 3-2. Swansea beat them this season as well but it's asking too much of us to at least be competitive. Ok guess we shouldn't expect anything from our professional football club just because teams are deemed to be better. How did these other teams manage to live with them??

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Didnt he get Hull promoted????

Not as far as i know. Leicester is the only one as far as i can tell.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Didnt he get Hull promoted????

27 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

What are you on about you prat. 

Entitled? 12 months of shit football and because there is some moaning you are making accusations about being entitled?  You are having a laugh, or at least you might if you had two brain cells to rub together.

Can’t compete in this league that we’ve been in since 2014, and where we’ve won 4, drawn 4, lost 5 this season?

Mentally weak? Yawn. Zero technical skills?  Laugh. 

Very questionable management comment and you might be demonstrating a small amount of nous

um. Prat? The bloke played for City in Div 1. What have you done?

4 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Didn’t he have money to that? We keep getting told we have none so why does anyone think he's going to be able to replicate something he's done once again?

Nope, when Pearson took Leicester City into the premier league as champions of the championship he signed seven players that season and only paid a transfer fee for one - £450k for Riyad Mahrez...

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

He left Hull to rejoin Leicester when Hull were just outside the play-offs. He had a pretty good record there, including a 13-match unbeaten run.

1 minute ago, collier said:

Derby drew there. Millwall drew there. Luton game them a game and lost 3-2. Swansea beat them this season as well but it's asking too much of us to at least be competitive. Ok guess we shouldn't expect anything from our professional football club just because teams are deemed to be better. How did these other teams manage to live with them??

Just remember, the season after next ( after WBA have been relegated from the money league) the same 3,4,5-0 defeat will happen to us again.

Its a two year cycle, it’s who we are, and what we do as a football club!! 

Just now, Simon bristol said:

We are a joke, it cant be defended

But what you are missing is we have no cash to make things better. It's a slow build and there will be periods where we are crap. It's a cast iron certainty. But there will also be periods where we pick up a few wins like we already have done this season.

19 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yeah I would really take being back pre stadium rebuild overall I think. But that’s more to do with atmosphere and togetherness.  Just an ‘event’ these days.  Like the cinema or theatre.  

Rubbish !! Go to the cinema or Theatre for a 18 shows and you’ll walk away having seen at least one happy ending.

1000 posts!

• Haha 1

Think Pearson will walk personally this week so all this bickering will be moot. You don’t sign 33 & 34 year olds on free transfers whilst signing a league 1 & league 2 defender because you really want to. Money was spent on the wrong jocky for too many years. With his health i can see him thinking “**** this shit” & getting out of dodge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Just remember, the season after next ( after WBA have been relegated from the money league) the same 3,4,5-0 defeat will happen to us again.

Its a two year cycle, it’s who we are, and what we do as a football club!! 

That's if we are still in this division.

• Like 1