IGNORED

Dominic Calvert Lewin

Super

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Most Men don't dress like this and never will so why is it being pushed so much by Magazines? Just all odd and if that makes me some sort of 'phobe' then fine

Have you ever seen anyone wear anything shown off on a catwalk?  Similar thing. 

It is being pushed for traction. And it’s achieved it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Have you ever seen anyone wear anything shown off on a catwalk?  Similar thing. 

It is being pushed for traction. And it’s achieved it. 

It's more the fact it is giving a false image of the modern Man. If he wants to wear it, crack on, but it is being pushed quite hard recently (Harry Styles, James Maddison come to mind).

14 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Most Men don't dress like this and never will so why is it being pushed so much by Magazines? Just all odd and if that makes me some sort of 'phobe' then fine

The magazines are the least of the problems, it's the pushing it in schools which is ridiculous. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It's more the fact it is giving a false image of the modern Man. If he wants to wear it, crack on, but it is being pushed quite hard recently (Harry Styles, James Maddison come to mind).

What is ‘the modern man’ then?

3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

The magazines are the least of the problems, it's the pushing it in schools which is ridiculous. 

What is being ‘pushed’ in schools? Encouraging boys to wear skirts? Not seen that. 

• Like 3

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Not wearing what is being pushed by that image that's for sure. Pretty sure you'll see most around you at Ashton Gate on matchdays, Football is often representative of society, a mix of people, but you would find it hard pushed to see a Man wearing what DCL is wearing.

19 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It's a fashion magazine. I don't often see women walking around with a bow on them, but don't see you kicking off about Elle?

Elle Magazine - Dec 2020 Subscriptions | Pocketmags

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Alternatively it could be seen as normalising wearing whatever the hell you want, I certainly think that's what Harry Styles is trying to do.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Not wearing what is being pushed by that image that's for sure. Pretty sure you'll see most around you at Ashton Gate on matchdays, Football is often representative of society, a mix of people, but you would find it hard pushed to see a Man wearing what DCL is wearing.

As others have said, it’s a fashion magazine. It’s designed to be a bit experimental and out there.

If it was a Men’s Health magazine or something it’s a bit different.

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

What is being ‘pushed’ in schools? Encouraging boys to wear skirts? Not seen that. 

Happened in a primary school in Scotland, asked boys to wear a skirt for the day for inclusivity and equality (I mean that's what really promotes equality and they couldn't have done anything else). There seems to be a whole agenda pushing gender identity on young kids who just don't need to know about it at that age. It was a primary school, kids should be left alone to be kids rather than confusing them with all of this gender nonsense pushed on them. Why can they not be left alone to be kids and pretend to be whatever they want to be for the day, and as they grow up they then choose who or what they want to be? 

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Parson Street primary school become a "gender neutral" school when my kids were going there. They were feeding the kids all sorts of nonsense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/primary-school-asks-both-boys-25381188.amp

By coincidence, it was in the news last week by a few papers. This school said that it was a show of "Solidarity" 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Fashion has changed a lot since my day!

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is on the front cover of The Homme + Magazine wearing a daring fashion design

? Since when?

My auntie often tells me how in the sixties her and my Dad would swap outfits for parties, dresses, kaftan, suits, all interchangeable.

Do we need to even visit the 70s and 80s ?

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Happened in a primary school in Scotland, asked boys to wear a skirt for the day for inclusivity and equality (I mean that's what really promotes equality and they couldn't have done anything else). There seems to be a whole agenda pushing gender identity on young kids who just don't need to know about it at that age. It was a primary school, kids should be left alone to be kids rather than confusing them with all of this gender nonsense pushed on them. Why can they not be left alone to be kids and pretend to be whatever they want to be for the day, and as they grow up they then choose who or what they want to be? 

I don’t see an issue to be honest. Inclusivity is being pushed. I’m not sure what you think is going to happen to these kids other than them being more open to the different ways people are and the different ways people choose to live their lives. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 2015 said:

That’s fashion isn’t it?

The high street never follows the designers to the nth degree.

Fashion designers and their collections set the tone of a look or a season. They often push the limits (how many times have the media scoffed at a collection for being ridiculous?) but the cut, the tone, the colors, all filter down to the high street.

Its it any different to Beckham in a sarong 20 odd years ago? I don’t think the world changed drastically after. 

Edited by 054123
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, 054123 said:

? Since when?

My auntie often tells me how in the sixties her and my Dad would swap outfits for parties, dresses, tafkans, suits, all interchangeable.

Do we need to even visit the 70s and 80s ?

Disgusting. I prefer proper men like David Bowie and Marc Bolan. Mens men.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Such as?

They told the children, that you are not born a boy or girl.

The headmaster was using the school to play out his gay rights mission. The schools went down hill when he was there.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Funny stuff.

That kind of high fashion is just art really, very rarely replicated on the high street. Might influence some styles but i can't see that particular outfit catching on outside of fashion circles if at all.

He's got the legs for it though.

• Like 1

Absolutely class, love it. Needs to done more tbh. 

For those saying ‘men don’t dress like this’, spoiler: they do. The whole point of having it in the public eye by a public figure is to normalise it. 

If it offends you, why? What other people wear doesn’t affect your life in any way does it? 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t see an issue to be honest. Inclusivity is being pushed. I’m not sure what you think is going to happen to these kids other than them being more open to the different ways people are and the different ways people choose to live their lives. 

It's a massive issue. Why would you or anyone want primary kids being told they can change genders and identify as whatever they want at that age, why tell them about their bodies etc. They're kids FFS, let them play as kids and pretend to be a dinosaur, Barbie or a fireman etc, it just confuses kids about something they don't need to know about in the first place. It's an odd agenda being pushed by people who call themselves progressives, think they are always doing the right thing, by pushing things to the extreme.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, !james said:

Rattled the neanderthals, love to see it. 

I think it might be you the one who is rattled by resorting to insults of those who simply disagree with your opinion, which is clearly out of the 'liberal' minded playbook.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheReds said:

It's a massive issue. Why would you or anyone want primary kids being told they can change genders and identify as whatever they want at that age, why tell them about their bodies etc. They're kids FFS, let them play as kids and pretend to be a dinosaur, Barbie or a fireman etc, it just confuses kids about something they don't need to know about in the first place. It's an odd agenda being pushed by people who call themselves progressives, think they are always doing the right thing, by pushing things to the extreme.

Unless you have had the lesson taught to you I don’t think you can judge it. I’m sure it is taught in a well rounded way rather than encouraging kids to change gender, which I suspect you really fear, and rightly so as that would be an odd thing to push on a child. 

My children are primary school age too. I’ve got no worries from what I’ve seen and heard they are being taught 

12 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Funny stuff.

That kind of high fashion is just art really, very rarely replicated on the high street. Might influence some styles but i can't see that particular outfit catching on outside of fashion circles if at all.

He's got the legs for it though.

I actually said to my skeptical Mrs a few weeks back that I reckon skirts for men will be a thing in the next decade (not just in Scotland). Men in skinny jeans was once laughable but look at the builders sueezing jnto their jeans and preening themselves before a night out nowadays!

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I actually said to my skeptical Mrs a few weeks back that I reckon skirts for men will be a thing in the next decade (not just in Scotland). Men in skinny jeans was once laughable but look at the builders sueezing jnto their jeans and preening themselves before a night out nowadays!

Seen enough fasions come and go so you can never rule it out.

Did the Beckham sarong thing ever really catch on? That caused a bit of controversy at the time...

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/10/1410364305552_wps_9_ELLE_AWARDS_Beckham_UK_PR.jpg

If this is what makes him comfortable in his own skin then crack on, I don't see that he is inflicting it on anyone else so why not.

If I'm honest I find it a bit weird/more challenging that it's a school uniform more than a "girls" uniform. While I'm being honest I would certainly be a bit more concerned if I saw my children speaking to someone dressed like that, obviously my inbuilt bias and stereotyping but not sure what else I would base my judgement on.

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If this is what makes him comfortable in his own skin then crack on, I don't see that he is inflicting it on anyone else so why not.

If I'm honest I find it a bit weird/more challenging that it's a school uniform more than a "girls" uniform. While I'm being honest I would certainly be a bit more concerned if I saw my children speaking to someone dressed like that, obviously my inbuilt bias and stereotyping but not sure what else I would base my judgement on.

Let’s be honest, it’s a fashion shoot for Arena. 

He’ll be wandering his house in flip flops and shorts this weekend!?

I don’t understand the ‘concern’ in this thread.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Unless you have had the lesson taught to you I don’t think you can judge it. I’m sure it is taught in a well rounded way rather than encouraging kids to change gender, which I suspect you really fear, and rightly so as that would be an odd thing to push on a child. 

My children are primary school age too. I’ve got no worries from what I’ve seen and heard they are being taught 

Oh ok then, we won't believe anything that kids tell us what happens in schools. We will just go along with that is taught in a well rounded way as we don't attend their lessons, still nice that you can make a judgement, even though you haven't had the lesson taught to you either. The bottom line is primary schoolchildren do not need to know a single thing about any gender identity, non binary, trans, choose genders on certain days etc etc.

Why can't they just be left alone to simply be kids? 

Edited by TheReds
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Well rounded? Being taught you arent a boy or girl when you are born - is that well rounded.

I get they have to teach children to be inclusive and i fully support that. But this gender nonsense is ridiculous - gender dysmorphia (Which i think is a real thing) affects under 0.01% of people.

Why are they teaching our kids this nonsense, when 99.99% of people are happy with their gender and dont have an issue.

Its bizarre.

To clarify, on calvert lewin. Have no issue, if he wants to dress like that thats his choice. Dont understand why anyone would be pissed off.

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Kids are a lot more aware of things these days, especially once they start school, mainly due to access to the internet.

Some of these things need to be taught and explained fairly early on otherwise they end up getting their opinions from people thy don't know who are free to write and publish any old rubbish.

I notice, also, that the school in Scotland having a boys in skirts day (in support of a Spanish boy who was expelled and sent to a psychiatrist for wearing a skirt to school) was an initiative thought up by the students, not the school pushing it downwards.

• Like 1

Just now, TheReds said:

Oh ok then, we won't believe anything that kids tell us what happens in schools. We will just go along with that is taught in a well rounded way as we don't attend their lessons...... The bottom line is primary schoolchildren do not need to know a single thing about any gender identity, non binary, trans, choose genders on certain days etc etc.

So the 9 year old who wants to be a boy has no right to be told about any of this? 

Being a kid involves navigating this so they should not have knowledge hidden away to please the Church/ Mosque/ Synagogue.

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Well rounded? Being taught you arent a boy or girl when you are born - is that well rounded.

I get they have to teach children to be inclusive and i fully support that. But this gender nonsense is ridiculous - gender dysmorphia (Which i think is a real thing) affects under 0.01% of people.

Why are they teaching our kids this nonsense, when 99.99% of people are happy with their gender and dont have an issue.

Its bizarre.

To clarify, on calvert lewin. Have no issue, if he wants to dress like that thats his choice. Dont understand why anyone would be pissed off.

Maybe it’s just a case of one head teacher with an agenda is skewering your view on what is happening across all schools 

Its just clothes.  Pretty sure my parents wondered what the hell I was wearing, I’m my twenties, just like I probably will with my Son. 

I think he pulls it off. You may be happy to shop for clothes in Tesco and maybe Next, if it was the January sales… doesn’t mean everyone is. Fair play to him. 

• Like 1