IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Given the ball away? The teams pass completion is at 65%. His is at 80%.  He’s ran more anyone and put in more tackles than anyone 

He's been poor, i'm sorry. As was Bakinson. Lost the ball quite a few times 1st half in dangerous areas. Like I said, rate the guy but he has been poor today.

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

Just signed a contract extension, presumably authorised by the Manager  ?

I don’t think he’s signed anything. We’ve activated a years option which hopefully means he continues to get paid very little… although whatever he’s on I’d suggest it’s too much. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This is atrocious, even by this season’s standard 

I think that's too negative. We're playing away to a decent team with a load of youngsters in our team. The conditions are awful and the ref has been awful. We've been sloppy and disorganised at times but atrocious is over the top, I think, at only 1-0 down.

• Like 3

Baker's a total warrior and wish him a quick recovery - but again totally avoidable , and an experienced defender costing team mates with decision-making.

Robins TV had a touchline camera tracking Baker seconds before from Bentley's kick; you could see Baker never once scan the infield play - instead just blindly, and almost backwards, launched into a header telegraphed for injury.

Fingers crossed on a safe recovery and love the guy's passion, but a kamikaze header to go for.

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You are right, of course ,although we’ve seen these moments often with the player.I don’t wish him any harm. 

You would think that with all Baker’s experience he would have learned to avoid these types of injury. 
He is too often injured and going off before the match is finished.

He is no good to himself or the club if he is consistently  unavailable .

Which was my point exactly........but apparently unlike your tactful  observation, when I made a similar comment I was shot down in flames?   I must learn how to express myself in a more diplomatic fashion like    u Major?.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I did not see the incident...and i apologise if i offended you.  I assumed it was yet another injury in    the long line of ~Baker injuries......which was obviously a mistake.  However I wish him a happy recovery?  Don't you think Worm is a little personal from someone who spends his days bouncing?                            

He was on the deck for ten minutes . That should of told you something. You had a right pop at him but get offended being called a worm ?

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I don’t think he’s signed anything. We’ve activated a years option which hopefully means he continues to get paid very little… although whatever he’s on I’d suggest it’s too much. 

Well "activated" then.

But still authorised by the Manager. Can't avoid that fact.

18 minutes ago, collier said:

Keep digging mate, how can you legislate for head injuries?? It could have been anyone off for that injury and you would have said nothing. 

yeah being a Collier you'd know all about digging?    Even so....I have no idea what your point is?

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Bizarre, isn't it? I imagine Pearson would have hated playing alongside him, back in the day. 

Surely it makes sense rather than just letting him go on a free? Given his age etc, maybe we could get something for him? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

yeah being a Collier you'd know all about digging?    Even so....I have no idea what your point is?

Point being that if the head injury happens to any of the other 10 players and you don't bother to comment. You said you didn't even see the injury so why are you commenting? The bloke was knocked out cold and you used that opportunity to bash his injury record. Brainless comment followed by about 2 or 3 more brainless comment where you dug yourself deeper into the dumb ass hole you started in.

Just now, 054123 said:

Surely it makes sense rather than just letting him go on a free? Given his age etc, maybe we could get something for him? 

Or just maybe the Manager likes him as a player, he keeps selecting him.

I also think he is/will be a decent Championship player.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He was on the deck for ten minutes . That should of told you something. You had a right pop at him but get offended being called a worm ?

Who rattlled  your cage?   If I am not watching   the match, and just following the OTIB site................how could i know he was on the deck for 10 minutes.....boy genius?   I wrongly assumed it was just another Baker injury in the long line of Baker injuries, which was a mistake, I wish him a speedy recovery.  But he is often his own worst enemy, by the way he plays.......The Worm has now said more than emough?