IGNORED

Sheffield United away match day thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Street red said:

I think personally Lansdowns time at this club is up but as Pearson said these are perfessional footballers they need to go out and perform but there not and have not for too many seasons now.

Still a cosy club with still a lot of cosy, lazy over paid so called players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Bristol city are a ******* disgrace. If anyone thinks we are mid table and not in a relegation battle, they are sadly mistaken. Absolute pitiful display. Nothing about what I’ve seen today makes me think we have the quality or ideas to do anything with this crop of players. 

We’re a disgrace -  image how bad we’d look if the point deductions were added on? That’s masking a relegation standard team - one that’s worse than when NP took over IMO.  

We need to get shot of Pearson, bring in Warnock and start playing men’s football with a bit of organisation and purpose. 

Infuriating and fairly embarrassing to watch, not least for the 655 there in person, but we know this is a side where one or two bits of quality can make the difference. We need a midfielder with bite to play alongside James when he’s back (Williams will not stay fit) and one or two attacking signings to keep teams on the back foot. 

I know it’s frustrating watching some of these drips but there’s no need for meltdowns. Most of these are not Pearson signings, nor would they be. We all know Sheffield United will be up there with this squad eventually. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground

Just now, Street red said:

I think personally Lansdowns time at this club is up but as Pearson said these are perfessional footballers they need to go out and perform but there not and have not for too many seasons now.

For all the good the Lansdowns have done for the club which has been incredible. It is starting to look like we are a team in free fall the odd result is papering over the cracks. We have bar a few assembled a lacklustre squad and they are so quiet no interviews no engaging with the fans, Jon is a wet blanket and hasn't got a scooby.

• Like 2

Just now, Banjo Red said:

For all the good the Lansdowns have done for the club which has been incredible. It is starting to look like we are a team in free fall the odd result is papering over the cracks. We have bar a few assembled a lacklustre squad and they are so quiet no interviews no engaging with the fans, Jon is a wet blanket and hasn't got a scooby.

The squad we have assembled is lamentable, given the cash that has flowed through transfers. 

I can't imagine our current squad is worth much at at all. We often pretend we have promising youngsters but, in heart of hearts, I don't truly believe any of them will make it. 

And the rest of them are hardly on many club's shopping list. 

• Like 1

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

The squad we have assembled is lamentable, given the cash that has flowed through transfers. 

I can't imagine our current squad is worth much at at all. We often pretend we have promising youngsters but, in heart of hearts, I don't truly believe any of them will make it. 

Agreed

1 minute ago, Red white and red said:

Very cosy. ‘Average player come in and earn £25k a week, do **** all and then leave after 3 years. We wish you very success in the future and thank you for your time draining money from the club’.

We only have 3 on that money - allegedly

But you are correct it is a lot in the current climate, competitive when they signed but very expensive now.

Poor today, weak midfield. The starting two can’t play together simple. Bentley causes problems by not coming for ball. Was a great shot stopper but will never command his box of come for a simple catch.  Need a fresh new face in the middle of the park for January. Seyenyo up top in place of Martin. 

27 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Holden used to get slated for doing this. I hope it works but seriously he used to get ripped to pieces for this

Didn't work- definitely not a wise tactical move, hoped it might work but feared it wouldn't.

Not that it was the difference today. Semenyo on at 1-0 and retain some kind of shape in CM, maybe a reconfigured...

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Atkinson O'Dowda

Massengo Bakinson

Weimann Scott Semenyo

Martin

Far from perfect but Baker's injury would've limited the scope for substitutions- might have had a bit more natural balance? Or Scott wider right, Weimann central behind Martin.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I don't mind losing games that's part and parcel of football but it's how we are so inconsistent the players turn up when they feel like it and i can't support that. These players might have abilities so why can't they perform consistently.. Mental attitude I should imagine.

Edited by Street red

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Easy to say when we’ve lost, but Scott and Benarous were brilliant the other night. But that’s the nature of bi-polar otib for you. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, marmite said:

We need to see what Nige can do during the window cos this lot will take us down

Only problem is he's been told there's no money for new players unless we sell first. Who have we got who other clubs would be interested in Bentley, Kalas possibly, but then we have to replace them. It's Catch22!

1 minute ago, marmite said:

We need to see what Nige can do during the window cos this lot will take us down

The bean counters have got to find a way of getting him some cash to spend, we’re not too far from looking like a relegation side, they might have the ability but there’s no application or performance. The club will lose more money by an extended stay in L1, as this lot aren’t tough enough for rough and tumble football, so will struggle to come back up.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Easy to say when we’ve lost, but Scott and Benarous were brilliant the other night. But that’s the nature of no-polar otib for you. 

If feel fairly indifferent about losing to be fair. 

I'm being honest. It's nice to see young players making a career for themselves, but we have nothing special, and I guarantee fans from other clubs are not making a mental bookmark of our promising youngsters either. 

We do seem to get carried away with the odd tackle, flash of skill.

I just don't think the general view of BCFC fans is particularly objective.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Haha. He got properly barged whilst running at full speed. Clearest yellow you will see yet the ref bottles it again

Shocking referee but still not as bad as our performance today, which was truly abysmal. Not sure why Sheff Utd even bothered celebrating - easiest three points they’ve had for about three years. 

We look ok if we have most of our key players available, people were saying before the game that they were worried about the midfield being so young and the absence of an 'enforcer' such as Mattie Jame or Williams and that's exactly how it's played out. If we can recruit a couple more like them in Jan we'll be ok. If you look at our results since LJ left they've been ok except when were missing loads through injury which has often been the case.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Massengo easily our best player today when you consider he’s basically playing in an overrun midfield with barely any help from his mate alongside him. Was our best passer, needed to be everywhere and I think he got caught on the ball just twice.  A thankless task for him today and he acquired himself well all things considered 

• Like 1

Remind me where Sheff Utd were last season and where the majority of our players were.

Terrible conditions. Terrible ref. 
It wasn’t good but only the most optimistic fans would have expected a victory today.

Those calling for Pearson’s head echo the frustration we are all experiencing but the bloke needs to be given time to mould his own squad. 
We need to stand firm. 
In spite of my ill judged comment on Baker’s, for which I apologise, I wish him a swift recovery.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Street red said:

Lansdowns time at this club is up??  Have you really thought through what you have just said?   Despite his failings, and at times, poor appointments.....have you any idea where we would be without Steve Lansdown?   Clue - It would not be the Championship?

I dont think it will be that easy to make major changes in Jan window - we arguably have 3 players on high wages (Wells, Palmer, JD) who the club may want to sell, but who can a) afford transfer fee b) pay the wages???

I can see Massengo leaving in Jan as he’s someone who could get us a decent fee, probably has suitors and we can cope without him. 

Today was just poor and sooner James and Williams can get back the better 

26 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Who rattlled  your cage?   If I am not watching   the match, and just following the OTIB site................how could i know he was on the deck for 10 minutes.....boy genius?   I wrongly assumed it was just another Baker injury in the long line of Baker injuries, which was a mistake, I wish him a speedy recovery.  But he is often his own worst enemy, by the way he plays.......The Worm has now said more than emough?

Why comment if you ain’t watching it then you tit 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Remind me where Sheff Utd were last season and where the majority of our players were.

Terrible conditions. Terrible ref. 
It wasn’t good but only the most optimistic fans would have expected a victory today.

Those calling for Pearson’s head echo the frustration we are all experiencing but the bloke needs to be given time to mould his own squad. 
We need to stand firm. 
In spite of my ill judged comment on Baker’s, for which I apologise, I wish him a swift recovery.

Tempted to agree. 

Though, had someone said in Feb "give him until late November before being passing judgement" most would have said that's fair and reasonable. 

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think that's not lost on anyone but we were still outplayed- it was a great win but genuinely against the run of play- like Barnsley etc

You’ve got an agenda against NP as your per your thread a few weeks ago, so I couldn’t give two Tom tits what you think. Where were you on Wednesday night by the way? Not on here iirc. Amazing that you’ve showed up again today…..

Really hope Matty James is back next Saturday. And he’s not another one where we’re told it’s not too serious then they vanish for 47 years. 

I also really hope that the FFP people on the forum are wrong and there’s some scope to spend in January because we need to.

These performances where we look so abject at the basics of football need to sodding stop.

• Like 1

Carry on this season grinding out a few results to keep us afloat is the best we can hope for with this squad. 

Pretty much every game since LJ came in I've rarely seen us dominate a game, and every match seems to be close or we concede a lot of the ball and nick it. 

We haven't outplayed a team since maybe Luton at home a couple years ago, the quality of players in this team just ain't up to standard of where our fanbase thinks we should be. 

You can pinpoint certain player's performances each game like I saw Bakinson mentioned in the thread today but let's not scapegoat players each game when the whole team did nothing.

Yes, Bakinson made a couple mistakes but there were 10 other men on the pitch who let Sheff U roll over us today and they were poor themselves. 

If you ask any other fans of other sides we play I doubt many of them would be begging to sign any our players and that says a lot about what we have going on in BS3. They are either learning their trade in difficult conditions or just letting the season pass them by.

Majority of them aren't good enough but they are good enough to be where we are at this moment in time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Lansdowns time at this club is up??  Have you really thought through what you have just said?   Despite his failings, and at times, poor appointments.....have you any idea where we would be without Steve Lansdown?   Clue - It would not be the Championship?

Your right, we may be higher?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Yes I have and I understand what your saying and yes we wouldn't be anywhere near the championship without his backing but I still think something needs to change either that he gets more backing or investment into the club because if its the ambition to get to the premier League we won't get it as the structure currently stands.