IGNORED

Clisty!

Guest Jenny

I have been waiting for this for 2 whole years!!!! :how funny: Couldnt believe my luck!Worth the £12 for seeing Clisty at least!He could of scord 2 or 3 & was always a danger with his darting runs geting into the box.He was at one point playing as a forward!

He got a terrific reponse from the crowd, & unlike Peacock applauded the fans as he was substituted.So well done Clisty, you proved today what we have been missing out on, you took this opportunity & didnt let us down!Also, well done Danny for listening to the fans at last...Picking Clisty & dropping Bozzie.....

Btw, congrats to Kelvin (Dolman Moaner) for getting right to the point on the radio this eve you were spot on m8tey!Lets just hope that this is the start that Clisty has been hoping for & that he deserves!How did other people think he played today?

Guest pogue mahone

how do i think he played ? i watched him closely because i know how many forum people think he is the answer.

in the first half hour he lost more tackles than he won and placed more passes to barnsley than his own players, had a decent last 15 minutes though.

second half, first 10 minutes he went into hiding flitting between the right and left wing depending on where the ball wasn't. played well for 10 minutes before taken off. to my amazement got a standing ovation, (albeit from the same people who think roberts is better than thorpe).

(albeit from the same people who think roberts is better than thorpe).

I think Roberts is better than Thorpe but I am yet to be convinced that Clist is a great player

Guest profplum86
<br /> I think Roberts is better than Thorpe but I am yet to be convinced that Clist is a great player

nah roberts isnt the finisher that thrope was - i never rated thorpe but he did get the job done, i really really think roberts is overrated.

he has had a few good games and scored important goals but he wont replace thorpe

Guest pogue mahone
<br /> I think Roberts is better than Thorpe

i've just spat beer all over my monitor laughing at that, can i send you the repair bill?

Guest Mrs Shippers

Give Simon a chance! You cannot judge him on 70 mins of football. I think he did quite well considering he hasn't played for ages.

<br /> i've just spat beer all over my monitor laughing at that, can i send you the repair bill?

Judging by the fact that you posted your reply OK I'm guessing you are trying to fleece some money when your monitor is actually OK!! :ph34r::)

Disgrace!!!

:D

Guest profplum86
<br /> Judging by the fact that you posted your reply OK I'm guessing you are trying to fleece some money when your monitor is actually OK!!  :ph34r:  :)

Disgrace!!!

:D

<br /> ooooooo very well thought....yeh i agree! but still it is a good excuse to try and get some new pc gear!

Guest Harchesterx1

I thought Clist played ok though he did miss a few good chances. He draged the defence around a bit aswell. I hope Danny does pick him for the next match or at leat put him on the bench.

Was it just me or did Aaron Brown have a poor game, i cant remember him putting in a decent cross all game.

As for Roberts being better than Thorpe dont talk so much ####. Robert could never be as good as Thorpe because he dosent score goals, not as many as Thorpe does anyway. Sure Roberts does more work than Thorpe but it is the goals that count.

Guest Cider Red Sam
Sure Roberts does more work than  Thorpe but it is the goals that count.

I'm not even sure he does do more work than Thorpe. There both lazy buggers! I don't know where Roberts got his reputation for being hardworking from. Once a match he'll chase the ball 50 yards, knowing he won't get near it, but when the ball is 2 yards away he just stands and looks at it. And I've hardly ever seen him even contest a header! He always just stands still thinking its enough to put off the defender!

To be fair to Clisty, and Robbo, a good consistent run in the side is what both require, to see if they should be in the side. Robbo, needs it real bad, and hey never seen Clisty, but did ok in the first half, faded in the second-not fully match fit?

Robbo, did well apart from scoring, but he wasnt alone. Try him and Miller up front for half a dozen games to see what he can do.

Clisty start him for a few games as well to see if he can cut it, he says he wants to stay- PROVE IT

Seems he deserves a chance - look at Amankwaaaaaaargh - he had 3 really abysmal games and only now has really clicked.

I'll take my hat off to Kevin - I slagged him off because of my naievety and was too quick to prejudge him. I guess we should afford Clisty the same breathing space...

The problem with playing Clist is where he would fit into the team. Assuming that DW keeps with his favoured 4-4-2 then that would mean either dropping one of Tinnion or Wilkshire, both of whom are playing well together in the centre, or pushing Wilkshire back onto the right where he didn't do so well.

Problems, problems....still, it's a nice problem to have though. :)

Archived