IGNORED

Amazon Prime

Super

1 hour ago, Super said:

All Premier league games this week being shown on AP if anyone's interested.

Just about to have a look at the Gordies v Canaries both new managers both need to win........so it will be a draw........nah got to be Newcastle ?

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Why do I feel like this is Amazon just starting to test the water before wiping the floor with Sky and BT.

The money behind these tech giants makes even the biggest UK companies look like play things.

To be fair amazon prime is alot cheaper than sky or bt sport. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

To be fair amazon prime is alot cheaper than sky or bt sport. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I originally got Amazon Prime to speed up items I’d ordered via Amazon and now I get PL football……a win win

Standard MO for Amazon - move slowly, horizontally and vertically subsidising new ventures and charging a cost that's supposed to barely break even or knowingly make a loss - reduce barriers to entry and eventually wipe out the competition before slowly increasing costs.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Don’t like the kick off times. What’s the presumably cynical reason behind it? 

Don’t mind it personally. Get to see more football. Guess that’s the reason also but not sure - more air time = more advertising revenue.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

It’s going to be very fun sharing a league with the richest club in England next year ?

We are not going down and the gas aint going up, so no we wont be sharing with the richest club in England

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Standard MO for Amazon - move slowly, horizontally and vertically subsidising new ventures and charging a cost that's supposed to barely break even or knowingly make a loss - reduce barriers to entry and eventually wipe out the competition before slowly increasing costs.

Yep, thats what did for us. thanks . Still use them tho, all's fair in love and war etc.

Prime is pretty shite tho for TV

3 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Yep, thats what did for us. thanks . Still use them tho, all's fair in love and war etc.

Prime is pretty shite tho for TV

Oh yeah I wouldn't want it to sound like I don't use them or even have a problem with them - I have echo's, an Amazon TV and prime.

Prime TV is pretty shite but it's all slowly slowly catchy monkey with Amazon, they will continue to analyse watching patterns and figure out what people like and make it enough to keep people on the platform.

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Was only 8-0 at HT. A goal every 4 minutes second half. Do goals not count as added time? There was only 3 minutes extra 

They conceded 4 goals in 5 minutes around the 80 minute mark, so I would like to think the referee took pity on a tiring Latvian team.

It IS an utterly pointless game of football...surely sport is all about competition.....and this was not about competition?  Just constantly putting the ball in a net is meaningless, and talk of goal records is just pathetic.  Makes womens football look sub standard and lame IMHO.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It IS an utterly pointless game of football...surely sport is all about competition.....and this was not about competition?  Just constantly putting the ball in a net is meaningless, and talk of goal records is just pathetic.  Makes womens football look sub standard and lame IMHO.

Did you watch the men against San Marino the other week?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Totally agree & just gives fuel to those who want to belittle women’s football.

It is comparatively a sport only played successfully by few European nations (there were other double figure wins on the same night) so badly needs some sort of seeding/pre qualification system to reduce these meaningless contests.

Your point about sport needing to be competitive is spot on, I am not a rugby fan but recall in the first men’s World Cup New Zealand beating a couple of sides by 100 points, which just highlighted that it was a sport again played by too few nations at the top level.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Did you see the Latvian keepers goal

kick in the last few minutes on social media ??

1 hour ago, Super said:

Did you watch the men against San Marino the other week?

Yep I did thanks........the San marino game was the exception that proves the rule.  I DO NOT see the point in the England men's team playing that game, but it was a very rare situation, whereas in women' s  football scores of that nature are commonplace.  There is an elite   dozen of women's international' teams, and then an extremely poor majority.  In men's football the reverse is true.  Some sort of seeding should be introduced to prevent these sort of games, which are completely pointless, and must demoralise teams like Latvia, and do them no favours?

• Like 1

As someone who's gotten into women's football more in the last few years, there are still smaller nations who don't have the resources. infrastructure, finances & talent the likes of a more established nation such as England have. As entertaining as the score may have been, many do want to see reform in the qualification process, in both the men's & women's game

That 18th goal killed us’ insist Latvia Women’s football team

December 1, 2021
 Written by Mark Molloy

Latvia have insisted today that they were still in last night’s World Cup Qualifier match with England, until the 18th goal went in.

With England going on to win the game 20-0 at the end, Latvia’s coach Romans Kvacovs has insisted today that the game was still in the balance right up to when England scored a lucky 18th goal.

Speaking earlier he fumed, “So unlucky, we were right in the game, it could have gone either way.

“But then England scored their 18th and our players’ heads just went down, it was such a lucky goal. It really was a sucker punch at a crucial time in the match.

“We always thought it would be a tough game but when it was only 8-0 at halftime we had England just where we wanted them, and I could see they were getting nervous.

“It was a real battle then for most of the second half with England on the ropes for long periods of the game but somehow managing to score another few very lucky goals which were all rubbish and offside.

“Then just as we were about to stage a great comeback we conceded a soft 18th goal in 82nd minute and the girls just couldn’t recover, there was just no time to stage our come back after that.”

Asked if he thought the result was a fair reflection of the game he told us, “No, we battered them. And what’s the ref doing? Only three minutes of injury time? It’s an absolute joke.”

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Get the FREE NewsThump Daily 
  • Haha 3

Think it’s pretty harsh, and lazy to be honest, to use the poor standard of the Latvian goalkeeper to have a dig at the woman’s game as a whole, without acknowledging in this game in particular that quite a few of those England goals were well taken - certainly finishes you’d be impressed with at Sunday league level, given that was mentioned earlier. 

Edited by Alessandro

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Think it’s pretty harsh, and lazy to be honest, to use the poor standard of the Latvian goalkeeper to have a dig at the woman’s game as a whole, without acknowledging in this game in particular that quite a few of those England goals were well taken - certainly finishes you’d be impressed with at Sunday league level, given that was mentioned earlier. 

And that's exactly what it is! Sunday league level 

15 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Eni Aluko is such a terrible pundit

Yes but your not allowed to mention it! Basically if these channels picked the best person for their roles no women would be involved and that's just not allowed in today's woke world!

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Yes but your not allowed to mention it! Basically if these channels picked the best person for their roles no women would be involved and that's just not allowed in today's woke world!

Yeah because Michael Owen or Robbie Savage are so much more knowledge and charismatic than Alex Scott for example... At least the latter can be bothered to do some research for the games she is on rather than trotting out tired old clichés. 

I agree Eni Aluko wasn't great, but look, now 3 people have expressed that opinion in this public forum alone... No one has died, no one has been cancelled, no one has been arrested... Stop wetting the bed with your political agendas. 

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Ah I see, so by your logic the goal records set by Australia v American Samoa (31-0) must make the men's football look sub standard?

Actually, back on topic, I thought it was great entertainment.

Really showed that the team can put to the sword inferior opposition and have the mental aptitude to keep pummelling the opposition for 90 minutes by playing fast, expansive, clinical football with brilliant use of the width of the pitch. A great habit. 

I compare and contrast to the men’s team - the disparity between England men’s and San Mariano being very similar - and while difficult to criticise a 10-0 drubbing against the worst team in the world, the occasional lapses into crab ‘neutral’ football during the match shows the men’s underlying mind set. 

• Hmmm 1