IGNORED

122% of turnover on wages over 10 years

And Its Smith

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Double that.

Difference is though that Simpson has been in the match day squad 18 times already this season (2 starts, 1 sub appearance, 15 times unused but on the bench).

Gilmartin sat on the subs bench just 4 times in 2 ******* years, so was called either back up goalie coach, women’s team goalie coach & then U23 assistant to justify his salary.

One of the most bizarre signings we have ever made.

£1000 a week not correct then ?

14 hours ago, frenchred said:

They also took the brave step of abandoning their academy and not just following everyone else. Must save them a fortune

Not Brave, due to location they were fighting against massive clubs for the same players, pointless running an Academy in that scenario. 

Common sense business decision.

Our Academy is crucial to us and historically/currently has made a lot of money for the club and provided multiple first team players.

21 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

£1000 a week not correct then ?

I have no idea what Simpson is on or what Gilmartin was.

Gregor did say however that Gilmartin was on £4k a week @CyderInACan which is absolutely scandalous if it’s true.

My guess is that is a likely ballpark figure for Simpson too, who hadn’t had a club for nearly a year before Pearson gave him a short term deal in March, then a further one year deal in the summer & who as I pointed out has been a regular in the match day 18, if not on the pitch.

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

I have no idea what Simpson is on or what Gilmartin was.

Gregor did say however that Gilmartin was on £4k a week @CyderInACan which is absolutely scandalous if it’s true.

My guess is that is a likely ballpark figure for Simpson too, who hadn’t had a club for nearly a year before Pearson gave him a short term deal in March, then a further one year deal in the summer & who as I pointed out has been a regular in the match day 18, if not on the pitch.

Gilmartin was on £1000 a week I think.

59 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

He was mainly employed as assistant U23s coach, where he did a very good job.

3rd choice keeper a bit of a Red Herring - IMO.

Having spoken to Reg at Xmas (2019) the first season he’d signed, he told me that he was very much focussing on playing, and at the time was an academy goalkeeping coach here, not u23 coach per se.  That happened a bit later.

Got to say he is a lovely guy, was speaking with him and Kalife Cisse for about an hour…Cisse a top guy too.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Having spoken to Reg at Xmas (2019) the first season he’d signed, he told me that he was very much focussing on playing, and at the time was an academy goalkeeping coach here, not u23 coach per se.  That happened a bit later.

Got to say he is a lovely guy, was speaking with him and Kalife Cisse for about an hour…Cisse a top guy too.

May have started that way but quickly changed to the U23s role.

Cisse is indeed a nice guy - IMO.