IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match day thread

Jerseybean

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

433 to me, big call on Bents unless he has a slight knock

image.thumb.png.7495347689d8a81f7a3f68634ddc4997.png

Very big call re Bentley, dropping the skipper (you don't keep a keeper on the bench if he has a knock).

Might be off I suppose.

Not sure about Max's distribution, but we'll find out soon.

Certainly freshened up the team tonight.

18 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The club would have known the state of 2021 projections at least 18 months ago, it is not news to them.

I didn't say it was news to them - but it might be news to others and it's January approaching soon - a strong test of our resolve with potential bids on certain players couldn't have been planned for 18 months ago....

Edited by Alessandro

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Very big call re Bentley, dropping the skipper (you don't keep a keeper on the bench if he has a knock).

Might be off I suppose.

Not sure about Max's distribution, but we'll find out soon.

Certainly freshened up the team tonight.

No need to freshen the team as the Luton game was cancelled. They must all be fresh and stuffed with turkey.  Maybe some were dropped for returning to training too heavy.

7 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Something in the air with city at the moment which isn’t great- I really hope we can get the win and get to 30 points which will be another psychological milestone. If what many are saying is true it could be an interesting January.

Please fill me in? I haven’t got time to trawl through all the posts!

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

I didnt need it changing thanks mate i rate him, you give him the service and he will score QPR would love him up front for them tonight

Give him a run of games in a team that actually has a game plan, plays through the lines, gets into positions to produce cut backs into the penalty area, delivers the ball into the "second" six yard box more than once a game and he will/has score(d) plenty of goals at this level.

14 minutes ago, westonred said:

Martins is dropped and still Wells doesn't get a start he must be off in Jan

Martin* and it could just mean Wells isn’t rated, as per the rest of the season

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Seems as though some on this thread are suggesting we will be selling some of our players in Jan to help balance books- Bentley, massengo from what I can see

Just speculation based on him being on the bench

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Rumours of a massive exodus in jan to help with financial worries. I’m not claiming to have any inside knowledge but people are saying the like of Bentley and massengo are off .

Coincidently, everyone has waited until the team sheet to spread the news that they all knew before.

I call total bullshit.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

I think its about time we changed things a bit more and we have, we will be at QPR and going for the 3pts.

I dont think Bents dominates the area enough, Wells should be back at QPR and its about time Martin was rested, lets have them and all the points 3-0 to us:city:

13 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Think we will be good tonight. COYR 

One thing I feel very confident about, whatever the final score is..... That we won't be particularly good..! 

Unless Nige found a game plan in his Christmas cracker & we've gone with that - it might help & should be an improvement on where he usually gets them from. 

Again, I've not bothered tonight (which saddens & hurts me to say) for no other reason that I simply can't be arsed to leave the house and travel to sit in a cold, empty stadium, watching a team that's is send out with no game plan or tactics. 

COYR's - please reignite my enthusiasm..! 

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Ok then 

we are just putting out a shit team for the sake of it then 

It does seem an utterly baffling team selection..! 

Arguably 6 of the players on the bench, would strengthen the starting 11 and Martin, who's needed a rest for a couple of months has now been rested, after having a rest...! 

Let's hope that NP has a master plan up his sleeve...! (very much doubt it, based on what he's done/not done since he's been here) 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

It does seem an utterly baffling team selection..! 

Arguably 6 of the players on the bench, would strengthen the starting 11 and Martin, who's needed a rest for a couple of months has now been rested, after having a rest...! 

Let's hope that NP has a master plan up his sleeve...! (very much doubt it, based on what he's done/not done since he's been here) 

Exactly I really hope we win but for example

max O’Leary- not championship standard and only rated because he’s local and from the academy.

vyner- awful defender who will probably end up with more assists against us than for us.

andy king - old enough he’ll be shitting the bed soon

semenyo- would struggle to score if you made the goal ten foot wider

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Wiltshire robin said:

max O’Leary- not championship standard and only rated because he’s local and from the academy.

vyner- awful defender who will probably end up with more assists against us than for us.

I just dont feel the team line up is that bad- if they're up for it then they can win this but I do understand why people are mystified. Again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Semenyo at least offers us something direct, with a bit of pace & power. 

He's raw & probably doesn't have a clue what he's about to do next, which is probably why he fits well into Nige's (lack of) game plan...! 

Chuck him in & hope he manages to do something.... Literally..! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

You might be right, but I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him yet to say whether he’s Marinovic or Buffon.

sat and thought for an age about a response to this and I just can’t find one.

But on his day can be class - esp with James alongside him.

But he makes us look so much more dangerous. I’d rather he be in the team!

• Like 1

If 5-3-2 I quite like it. Reasonable for Bentley to be dropped given recent form, albeit not convinced O’Leary is standard, but fair to have a chance. Agree Vyner a worry, but Atkinson doesn’t seem right post injury and assume Cundy either not ready or not showing up well enough in training. Experience in midfield, decent width, pace up front and Scott for some flair. Other than Williams, not many I’d bring in ahead of this team. We’ll probably get spanked by seven, hey ho. 

9 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Bit boring but maybe Bentley and Martin have been down with the non covid bug that's been going around

No, they’re just dropped. Pearson pretty much confirmed this, no injury or sickness. They probably wouldn’t be on the bench if they were sick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

No, they’re just dropped. Pearson pretty much confirmed this, no injury or sickness. They probably wouldn’t be on the bench if they were sick

100% agree - We've been inept at times over the last three years but I think it would be unlikely even for us to put sick players next to each ther on the bench in current times.

Edited by cityal

32 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Seems as though some on this thread are suggesting we will be selling some of our players in Jan to help balance books- Bentley, massengo from what I can see

Lot of cobblers being talked, as usual. It's one thing to suggest, on the basis of the financial news, that we won't be signing anyone; it's quite another to suggest a fire sale. I'll buy the first proposition, but not the second.

29 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Give him a run of games in a team that actually has a game plan, plays through the lines, gets into positions to produce cut backs into the penalty area, delivers the ball into the "second" six yard box more than once a game and he will/has score(d) plenty of goals at this level.

Put me in a team like that and i would probably score. Not many pure out and out goalscorers around these days, you need alot more to be considered a good player

1 minute ago, CliftonCliff said:

Lot of cobblers being talked, as usual. It's one thing to suggest, on the basis of the financial news, that we won't be signing anyone; it's quite another to suggest a fire sale. I'll buy the first proposition, but not the second.

Particularly a fire sale that requires buyers and presumably buyers willing to offer the players a reason to exit their pre Covid contracts with us. Not entirely clear who would want to pick up those missing tonight for a wage that the player would accept. 

• Like 1