IGNORED

The Bloke Behind Me

Guest pogue mahone

Guest pogue mahone

for some reason TBBM and all his mates shouted out "pass it on" whenever barnsley conceded a corner.

what's that all about ?

Guest profplum86
for some reason TBBM and all his mates shouted out "pass it on" whenever barnsley conceded a corner.

what's that all about ?

prehaps he was a closet barnsley fan ?

Guest Withnail

You weren't sat around Dolman Block C, rows Z/ZA by any chance were you? I had a season ticket there for 3 years before uni intervened, and the row of people behind me always used to do this. It was a kind of "sweepstake" game, using a bag. Whenever there's a corner, the person holding the bag has to put £1, then "pass it on" to the next person. The person holding the bag at the end wins the money.

Guest Zebedee

This game was introduced a few years ago when City were going through a really bad patch, to make matches more interesting.

Everyone sticks a couple of quid in a bag & pass it on when there is a corner, whoever has it at the end keeps the cash :ph34r:

It gets a bit worrying if in injury time you have the money & the players are holding the ball down by the corner flag :speechless3:

We also do the same thing where we sit, I've won 3 in a row :)

Guest Guitarman

The point being was that it livened up games at a time when entertainment was less that it was today! We invented new rules as we went along. We would change the direction of the money if Ian Baird scored. The luckily we got rid of him and so we changed it so that the money changed direction if a player was sent off. This was as rare as Ian Baird scoring!!!!!!

Archived