IGNORED

Mason Greenwood

Fordy62

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Always been something about him despite his talent. Reason why Southgate doesn't pick him.

Kept pulling out of England internationals due to 'injury' then would miraculously appear for Man Utd a week later. Had a chip on his shoulder because Southgate punished him for acting a 'lad' in Iceland. 

I had a bad feeling he was a bad egg

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not quite sure the point you’re trying to make here. If Greenwood has done what it appears he has (and the evidence is compelling), he deserves a long stretch inside. Collymore not being punished for hitting Ulrika is neither here nor there.

Didn’t he put the boot into her when she was on the floor?

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Kept pulling out of England internationals due to 'injury' then would miraculously appear for Man Utd a week later. Had a chip on his shoulder because Southgate punished him for acting a 'lad' in Iceland. 

I had a bad feeling he was a bad egg

It was actually reported that he declined selection for recent England squads because he wanted to continue his development at Man Utd. As if international football wouldn't help his development.

There have been hints of disciplinary issues at his club too so yes there always seemed to be a bit of doubt about him.

From The Guardian:

Manchester United said in a statement: “We are aware of images and allegations circulating on social media. We will not make any further comment until the facts have been established. Manchester United does not condone violence of any kind.”

Greater Manchester Police said they were “aware of images and video circulating on social media. Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances.”

As you would expect at this stage.

I guess photos of an injury don't prove the cause of the injuries, but coupled with the audio file, there is now a significant reason to believe her claims.

Greenwood could now rely on a defence that the injuries were self inflicted and the audio recording was of role play. 

If however witnesses can attest to aggressive and domineering behaviour from MG, he's on thin ice.

Likewise, if witnesses were to attest that the victim actually has a track record of deviousness and manipulation, then that could form MG's defence.

10 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He's screwed, that's GBH he's off to jail for a few months.  Because of his profile he might get more, the shame is I've seen people do worse and get suspended sentences.

The injuries sustained would be at a ABH level. But that’s not the offence he needs to be worried about. 

At this particular moment, given what we’ve seen (heard) it’s hard to see how he’s going to avoid a substantial stretch. 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I guess photos of an injury don't prove the cause of the injuries, but coupled with the audio file, there is now a significant reason to believe her claims.

Greenwood could now rely on a defence that the injuries were self inflicted and the audio recording was of role play. 

If however witnesses can attest to aggressive and domineering behaviour from MG, he's on thin ice.

Likewise, if witnesses were to attest that the victim actually has a track record of deviousness and manipulation, then that could form MG's defence.

Yep… these would be defences…

Self inflicted is plausible I suppose. 
Role play is plausible I suppose. 

But both taken together really isn’t very likely. 

I just hope she confided in someone early on, or called the police herself. 

The police will undoubtedly piece it together as best they can for a court to decide what’s gone on. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mihai said:

It may be true it may be not. With these editing skills and the "brain" of the actual generation, I don't find it hard at all to be all fake so she can get more attention and money.

But probably it is real and Greenwood is kinda going down...I don't think his team mates will accept him anymore even if he doesn't go to jail.

Have you seen it all? To be fair no evidence he’s actually done those injuries to her, but the voice recording is pretty damning

3 hours ago, Isawjonshaw said:

The opposing fans will be brutal.  “You’re just a bunch of rapists!”…

I know this is off topic but it’s just reminded me. The other night at Luton our fans were giving their keeper a load of abuse, paedo, sex offender etc. Was there something in that or just a bunch of idiots thinking that’s good “banter”?

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

On a serious note, man united would have known about this days ago.

Imagine the inteligence they have on players?

If that's true (I'm not doubting it), then how long really have they known about it? This was alleged to have happened last October. 

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

On a serious note, man united would have known about this days ago.

Imagine the inteligence they have on players?

If rumour is to be believed, something terrible happened in late 2020 of a Manchester based footballer. Many thought it was tied in the Mendy story, but it was a separate issue. 

Greenwood missed an Everton game unexpectedly and the club said it was in "illness"

I won't say it in here due to legalities and thread closures, etc, but it's not hard to find.

Carpet brushing at its finest if it's been known this whole time and they've continuously ignored it hoping it goes away. 

• Like 1

Well, she is incredibly brave for coming forward, cus, if true (and looks it to anyone) who knows how many more woman this vile narcissist bully would of abused. People like him are so dangerous, he would not of stopped. He clearly thinks he can have and take what he pleases, to hell with what pain it would inflict on others. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mihai said:

Yea, I did now. i don't know his voice at all but seems pretty bad. She doesn't look too scared though, but I let the profesionals decide what is this. If the police finds this story true, then Greenwood is a piece of ****. Mans hitting womens are retarded anyway.

Sometimes you have to defend yourself even against a woman these days but you don't hit her...you can do other things so nobody gets hurt.

"She doesn't look too scared though, .... "  Well, I'd bet my house that she looked bloody scared when it was actually happening.

By putting it on social media, he won't dare to do anything else to her, whereas if it was kept between her, him and the police - she probably wouldn't feel so safe, also a little bit of a time lapse waiting for the police intervention could be frightening for her.  I would want to name and shame the bastard as far and wide as I could - she's been very brave to speak out, and I hope he gets everything he deserves.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

How do i know that?

Because he was working for talk sport radio marcus.

Hardly a punishment.

you posted:

image.thumb.png.c8b79b3c3eaed958bd6171d17158f8a5.png

How do you know the police aren’t doing their job? How do you know it’s been reported to them? You’ve certainly no evidence to claim it’s been “ignored”

3 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Moron 

I see why you & others would be angered and annoyed by TR’s comment and whilst it certainly isn’t the point of the thread and I don’t think this should be derailed to discuss policing, that whole saga - the whole case, the vigil and the handling of everything around it in the following days - did cause a significant loss of trust of the police and especially the MET amongst women in general. Whether it affected Harriet Robson we will never know and it’s not really our business, just wanted to point out that whilst it was probably inflammatorily phrased it’s not the most moronic comment… 

Anyway respond/quote me etc if you like but I won’t reply because like I said I wouldn’t want to derail the whole thing but I did think it was unfair that some folks didn’t seem to be able to get where that post was (maybe/probably) coming from. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I didnt say they werent doing their job.

Your post said word for word “here is an example of the police not doing their job”

4 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Dont take my comments out of context please marcus.

Hmm it happened how many years ago?

Why on earth am i thinking no court case is forthcoming?

What planet is this bloke on?

Not having a pop at you fordy btw.

Ive spoken about one pacific incident.

What happened many years ago?

you’re aware you’re posting in a thread about Mason Greenwood right?

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Your post said word for word “here is an example of the police not doing their job”

What happened many years ago?

you’re aware you’re posting in a thread about Mason Greenwood right?

I can understand your confusion and I nearly bit, but then I re read and he’s referring to the incident between Stan Collymore & Ulrika. 

Thankfully the police attitude towards domestic abuse has dramatically changed. We just need society to be the same. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I can understand your confusion and I nearly bit, but then I re read and he’s referring to the incident between Stan Collymore & Ulrika. 

Thankfully the police attitude towards domestic abuse has dramatically changed. We just need society to be the same. 

I think you might be right, not sure why Collymore was even brought up really.

Just don’t like the notion that “the police” don’t do their jobs. Got a lot of friends in various forces and they’re all good honest people who do the best they can in challenging circumstances. The odd wrong un doesn’t make them all bad - just like your comment about doctors, caretakers etc 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Happened in Paris didn't it? French police have an unfortunately laissez faire approach to what we used to call "domestics".  Over here Collymore was prosecuted but found not guilty of assaulting his first wife.

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Funny enough marcus yes i gathered that by the thread title.

I asked you what your point was, 3 messages ago.

Guessing you dont have 1 and your spoiling for a row

Was merely using a analogy.

I was rather hoping you would condemn stan.

My point was simply you made a comment - with not quote or context - that said “an example of the police not doing their job”.

Given this is a thread about Mason Greenwood and it’s only come to light to day, I was baffled how you had come to that conclusion.

Back on topic - the audio is absolutely horrific to be honest. 

And what's just as bad, is that I'm not surprised. People who get everything handed to them on a plate, aren't used to people saying NO to them, which is part of the problem.

Shes incredibly brave to come out and post the audio and images. Just think, how many times has this happened BEFORE, for her to have to set up a recording to catch him doing it. There's absolutely no way this is a one off, which is vile. 

Just because he kicks a bag of wind around earning obscene amounts of money for doing so, does not give him the right to impose himself on his partner or anyone else for that matter. 

Really hope he gets the book thrown at him if it's true. But as we've seen with other footballers who have committed crimes of similar ilk, they've found a way back into football. Football has no morals really. Especially if the rumours of Man Utd knowing about it previously are true. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I didnt say they werent doing their job.

Dont take my comments out of context please marcus.

Hmm it happened how many years ago?

Why on earth am i thinking no court case is forthcoming?

What planet is this bloke on?

Not having a pop at you fordy btw.

Ive spoken about one pacific incident.

Try quoting people you are responding too like everyone else does. Makes it a lot easier 

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Conviction rates continue to be embarrassingly low though. Most rapists get away with it 

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Conviction rates continue to be embarrassingly low though. Most rapists get away with it 

It’s a very hard offence to prove. It mostly happens behind closed doors, without Cctv or witnesses and forensic evidence is largely quashed by the ‘it was consensual’ line. 

Our justice system is designed to protect the innocent and sadly, that’s probably to the detriment of persons who are raped. 

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Well. intresting, if he almost quote, bit with me on a internet forum, for discussing a case in the media.

Now we see the oppression of the system., to quote neil.

You got some solid people backing you here fordy, so il retire.

Nothing personal, like i said previously.

I think you misunderstand mate. I nearly bit when I thought you were suggesting the police weren’t doing their job in the greenwood matter. I didn’t bite because I was able to work out that you were referring to Collymore - it wasn’t the clearest thing in the world. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Most probably, nearly all. Very low rate of reporting (no doubt hindered further by spiking), and as you said, a very low conviction rate. Combine the two ...

1 hour ago, underover said:

I see why you & others would be angered and annoyed by TR’s comment and whilst it certainly isn’t the point of the thread and I don’t think this should be derailed to discuss policing, that whole saga - the whole case, the vigil and the handling of everything around it in the following days - did cause a significant loss of trust of the police and especially the MET amongst women in general. Whether it affected Harriet Robson we will never know and it’s not really our business, just wanted to point out that whilst it was probably inflammatorily phrased it’s not the most moronic comment… 

Anyway respond/quote me etc if you like but I won’t reply because like I said I wouldn’t want to derail the whole thing but I did think it was unfair that some folks didn’t seem to be able to get where that post was (maybe/probably) coming from. 

This. And agreed let's not derail the thread.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

you posted:

image.thumb.png.c8b79b3c3eaed958bd6171d17158f8a5.png

How do you know the police aren’t doing their job? How do you know it’s been reported to them? You’ve certainly no evidence to claim it’s been “ignored”

Has the story only come to light after her phone was hacked hence why the media have only just got the story

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder how many more incidents of this nature will have to happen before professional football wakes up and realises it has a particular problem with this kind of thing.

Far too many incidents for such a small group of men. And we certainly don't get to hear about everything that goes on either. 

It's as if giving young people who haven't matured and are mollyculadded millions of pounds is a bad idea

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

The injuries sustained would be at a ABH level. But that’s not the offence he needs to be worried about. 

At this particular moment, given what we’ve seen (heard) it’s hard to see how he’s going to avoid a substantial stretch. 

The pictures doing the rounds show bleeding and rather nasty bruising that is GBH he's in a whole lots of trouble for that alone, I've litterally seen the pictures thats it, I'm not intrested in reading the comentry.   

The problem she might have though (Not a lawyer) by not  going direct to the police is this could predudice her case and it might not be prosecuatable which ever way you cut it thats a trip to a crown court. 

7 minutes ago, bris red said:

The photo’s were bad enough but the audio is sickening. Hopefully the little ***** ‘career’ is finished now. Deserves everything that comes his way.

If the audio is proven to be him then regardless of whether the CPS have enough to prosecute he has no place in football anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s a very hard offence to prove. It mostly happens behind closed doors, without Cctv or witnesses and forensic evidence is largely quashed by the ‘it was consensual’ line. 

Our justice system is designed to protect the innocent and sadly, that’s probably to the detriment of persons who are raped. 

The conviction rate is completely unacceptable. Something needs to be done 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's as if giving young people who haven't matured and are mollyculadded millions of pounds is a bad idea

The comparison of Rashford and Greenwood I find interesting. Both young millionaires with everything handed on a plate. One is potentially abusive (putting it mildly), and one is altruistic. 

So is this nature or nurture or if both where do the two meet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

That’s because it’s incredibly difficult to prove. Usually no witnesses, rarely video or audio evidence - it’s one persons word against another and our justice system is based upon innocent until proven guilty

How would you suggest more rapists are punished without the evidence to convict them?

56 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Has the story only come to light after her phone was hacked hence why the media have only just got the story

Sounds like it’s only been reported to police now, seems like it may have been happening for a while and she’s not spoke out. Also rumour her phone was hacked 

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

Odd statement from her Dad.  I’d not be worried about the police investigating him, I’d be more worried about them trying to stop me going after him if it was my daughter 

Very odd, seemed more annoyed that it was in the public domain rather than the fact it happened - like he was worried about people knowing about it. Perhaps that’s a bit unfair, hard to get the context from a written statement like that, he’s probably been told not to say too much 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mozo said:

The comparison of Rashford and Greenwood I find interesting. Both young millionaires with everything handed on a plate. One is potentially abusive (putting it mildly), and one is altruistic. 

There are wrong un's in all walks of life, not sure I buy that it is an inherent problem football has. Whatever the punishment is for the crime he has committed should be applied to him fully

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don’t think Rashford is someone who can be accused of having “everything handed on a plate” which is actually probably why he’s the man he is now

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

Odd statement from her Dad.  I’d not be worried about the police investigating him, I’d be more worried about them trying to stop me going after him if it was my daughter 

Really really strange.  Like you say I’d be preoccupied trying to get MG filled in as opposed worrying about statements if it was my girl! 

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t think Rashford is someone who can be accused of having “everything handed on a plate” which is actually probably why he’s the man he is now

Okay maybe I should have added 'since being a pro footballer'. My comparison stands.

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That’s because it’s incredibly difficult to prove. Usually no witnesses, rarely video or audio evidence - it’s one persons word against another and our justice system is based upon innocent until proven guilty

How would you suggest more rapists are punished without the evidence to convict them?

Sounds like it’s only been reported to police now, seems like it may have been happening for a while and she’s not spoke out. Also rumour her phone was hacked 

Very odd, seemed more annoyed that it was in the public domain rather than the fact it happened - like he was worried about people knowing about it. Perhaps that’s a bit unfair, hard to get the context from a written statement like that, he’s probably been told not to say too much 

I don’t need to suggest alternatives to be angry about low conviction rates. Don’t think anyone should be satisfied that justice is currently being done on rape cases.  

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

I just get this weird vibe he’s trying to protect his darlings money fund.  I dunno it’s a bit like Ched Evans father in law stance which - even though he was found innocent in the end - was just bizarre 

Yep, that’s exactly what I thought as well;  ‘didn’t want it released’ ‘part of the family’ ‘very much in love’. Any right minded father surely wouldn’t be saying those things to anyone, let alone releasing a statement to the nation about it. Really odd.  

54 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The conviction rate is completely unacceptable. Something needs to be done 

It's hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt,

Greenwood's case there is evidence but most of the time it's his word against hers

53 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Anyone know if this is true, or a made up photo you get on the internet?

That's what I was alluding to in my post earlier but stopped short of saying what it was. There's a few more of those dotted around. 

37 minutes ago, TomF said:

??????????????????

39 minutes ago, TomF said:

He's lucky; many other dads would want to show him what oven cleaner tastes like after seeing the photos and listening to the audio.

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

I just get this weird vibe he’s trying to protect his darlings money fund.  I dunno it’s a bit like Ched Evans father in law stance which - even though he was found innocent in the end - was just bizarre 

Not guilty/acquitted rather than innocent

Sorry to be pedantic but I think there’s a significant difference between the two. Don’t want to derail though, that’s a whole can of worms in itself!

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t need to suggest alternatives to be angry about low conviction rates. Don’t think anyone should be satisfied that justice is currently being done on rape cases.  

ive made this point with someone before, may have been you, I’m not satisfied at all however it’s incredibly difficult to prosecute when it’s one word against another. 

9 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

He's lucky; many other dads would want to show him what oven cleaner tastes like after seeing the photos and listening to the audio.

One city fan I follow on twitter said her dad wouldn't be so forgiving with that response if greenwood worked at McDonald's. 

Just after his future son in laws big bank balance. 

• Like 2