IGNORED

Barnsley away match day thread

Jerseybean

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

2 nil down without a hope in hell may aswell go for it.

Never works though. Just play with a proper shape and be a bit more gung ho rather than have four forwards with hands on hips because nobody can get their foot on the ball to get it up to them.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Never works though. Just play with a proper shape and be a bit more gung ho rather than have four forwards with hands on hips because nobody can get their foot on the ball to get it up to them.

Who ever thought putting Dan Bentley back was a step forward. It's back to hoof ball again and the ball comes back at us. Crazy

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I feel sorry for the chap who is tasked with creating the City highlights. 

Dead easy tonight, running onto the pitch, taking the knee, kick off, ref blowing the final whistle. 5 mins work tops. No highlights to find, cut and paste a Nige post game talk from a previous game under floodlights. Jobs a good ‘un

• Haha 1

Just now, Andy082005 said:

Because not many teams in this league have a manager in charge who is no longer fit for purpose 

Lets be honest, probably half the teams outside the top 6 (and maybe the odd team in it) would have a fair chunk of fans saying that about their manage. It's partly why their life expectancy is about a year tops at most clubs!

Just now, pillred said:

Will be surprised if the bookies have not got us down as one of the relegation favourites for next season without a massive turnaround in either personnel or ability to actually play as a team.  

It's personnel that has to change whether the Manager stays or not because over half of them literally don't have two consecutive decent 45's in them even. It's not coaching, they just don't have the concentration levels needed at the higher levels of the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dREDful said:

So even before contracts expiring at the end of the season I make it we need:

RB

CBx2

Ball winning midfielder

Creative midfielder

Winger x2

Striker

And then replace whatever we lose. What a job that is. 

From memory Pearson has said he wants a RB, a striker, a DM, and ‘more dominant defenders’

So basically LJ needing three windows mk 2

It's personnel that has to change whether the Manager stays or not because over half of them literally don't have two consecutive decent 45's in them even. It's not coaching, they just don't have the concentration levels needed at the higher levels of the game.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Im really starting to wonder if it is ALL down to the players. Im genuinely of the opinion that another manager would probably get a bit more out of them and would probably  shore us up at the back a bit at the very least.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 1

Just now, bris red said:

Im really starting to wonder if it is ALL down to the players. Im genuinely of the opinion that another manager would probably get a bit more out of them and would provable shore us up at the back a bit at the very least.

That group of players, whoever is manager, will be relegated by Christmas next season if serious reinforcements are not brought in.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Denbury Red said:

We seem so determined to pass pass pass when in recent years teams that have done really well in the championship have run and attacked with pace - Leeds, Norwich, Wolves etc

Why can’t we attack with pace??

Bristol Wine Bars have a lot to answer for!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Are you 7?

I just can't believe for someone who I'm.assuming has watched football for 20plus years thinks this isn't down to coaching. 

Genuinely shocks me how deluded you and others are that think Pearson is a good coach 

Edited by BasSavage88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

Callum Robinson, who hasn’t scored for WBA in ages, warms up for Saturday by scoring tonight.

We are going to get battered on Saturday. It's obvious tbh. West Brom have been so bad for ages and are due to batter somebody. It will be us unfortunately.

• Like 3

That group of players, whoever is manager, will be relegated by Christmas next season if serious reinforcements are not brought in.

Yep.

Im happy to criticise the management but I have so little faith in this squad that i do t believe there is that much room for improvement 

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

I just can't believe for someone who I'm.assuming has watched football for 20plus years thinks this isn't down to coaching. 

Genuinely shocks me how deluded you and others are that Pearson is a good coach 

Genuinely shocks me how you read that I said Pearson is a good coach. Point me to where I said that? Players making individual error after error is largely down to players playing at a level they cannot cope with....................

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We are going to get battered on Saturday. It's obvious tbh. West Brom have been so bad for ages and are due to batter somebody. It will be us unfortunately.

Aren't we always the solution to any teams bad run?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1