IGNORED

How long has Pearson got left?

Negan

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he played well (in context) today when he came on, got us playing, nipped into challenges etc.  I didn’t see any outside influences in his game play today.

A brilliant 'horizontal' block from a certain goal too. Thought he did well for the last half hour in a busy midfield, adding bite and drive to a transformed City that had clearly drunk from the well of positivity. More of the same please Han.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

This thread re started. What it is people don’t understand about a 3 year deal, with the remit of bringing through players for the future, from our academy and selling to buy, as we can not do much else due to FFP….I simply don’t understand! 

We will be stronger next season with players with experience!

Its the players witth experience, weimann aside who arent really doing it for us, including the leicester has beens who were brought in to keep us steady.

the answer is obviously that we will Sell anyone who we get a decent offer for, but we are screwed.

Although it’s been a disappointing season I don’t blame Pearson. The way the club had been run in recent years is like dry rot in a house. The rot spreads but everything seems to be ok until it’s discovered. Then everyone realises the house is falling down. Pearson has inherited it mishmash of players, high salaries  and little money to put it right. He may not be the Messiah (and I’ve seen a few) but he’s the best we’re going to get to put it right 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I would give Pearson a new contract for 5 years . To carry on the restructuring and reset of the club . Working with youth and a substantially reduced wage bill . He has performed amazingly well . In the past the club got relegated when repeating the pay over the odds for poor players strategy . Clearing up the inept LJ and Ashton £38 m black hole was always going to be tough. That we now have players who have saleable value is exceptional .

Best man for the job by a long stretch , new contract , then no need for this thread . 

looking forward to finally moving to a back 4 next season . That will change a lot . 

Really?

• Like 1

As much as it’s disappointing watching us at the moment (and I’m not comparing their managerial skills) but SAF was one game away from being sacked, having to transform a team blowing money away and working with youth. 
As I said not comparing like for like on management skills, but sometimes you go through the rough using youth, for the youth to finally click and kick on. 
However the main difference is FFP that stops us bringing in those 3 or 4 experienced pros to guide the youth. 
What we need is these fringe experienced players we’ve currently got to pull their heads out their arses and step up a bit. Actually thought Wells was more trying today than he’s previously been. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Its the players witth experience, weimann aside who arent really doing it for us, including the leicester has beens who were brought in to keep us steady.

the answer is obviously that we will Sell anyone who we get a decent offer for, but we are screwed.

I don’t think we are screwed. James was the only Leicester has been out there today I remember, so i guess you are referring to him, yes the midfield and control was and is an issue. Today Atkinson, Cundy, Scott all started and our bench was among the most inexperienced i have ever seen…No Kalas no Baker or Williams…..The list is endlesss. We are bringing through kids at a rate not seen since Alan Dicks a point not lost on anyone over 55.

• Like 5

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I didn't see the game, but I was responding to the comment about his recent attitude

I’ve watched every game of late (either at AG or Robinstv) and although you can question his form (it’s been up and down) I wouldn’t question his attitude one bit.  Think it might’ve been the Forest game where he looked really heavy legged, but that’s very different.  But everyone will have their opinion.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he played well (in context) today when he came on, got us playing, nipped into challenges etc.  I didn’t see any outside influences in his game play today.

Not so sure,ran about a bit and put a few half hearted challenges in when he came on,I get he’s young and a OTIB favourite but cmon 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not so sure,ran about a bit and put a few half hearted challenges in when he came on,I get he’s young and a OTIB favourite but cmon 

No, that’s what I saw, we failed to string any passes together until his arrival onto the pitch.  I thought he was part of the reason we did better in the final 25-30 mins.  

In context, Alex Scott had a poor game today (finished better at RWB / RB).

I post as I see….No favouritism.

• Like 3

Just now, Davefevs said:

No, that’s what I saw, we failed to string any passes together until his arrival onto the pitch.  I thought he was part of the reason we did better in the final 25-30 mins.  

Then we will have to agree to disagree,no problem with that that’s what makes this forum great,your wrong tho ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bris red said:

I’ve said this a million times before but Pearson (or somebody of his stature) should have been brought in after the 18/19 season.

Instead we allowed dumb and dumber a blank cheque book and we now find ourselves in the mess that we are now with no money expecting miracles to be worked by Pearson with a squad that is absolutely pony. 

Pearson needs time and money, I genuinely don’t think any other manager (that we could realistically attract) could do any better with this squad and the financial straight jacket that he has to work with. It’s a pretty dire situation that Lansdown his boy and the rest of the board have allowed to happen. 

I think the one thing I would say is we could probably have got a manager in in February 2021 whose footballing and coaching style was a better fit with the players we had then and who would have been better placed to immediate results. The trade off would have been that we would have been struggling through treading water and not implementing sweeping changes that were needed rather than struggling through trying to totally overhaul the club on a very limited budget.

However - having decided to get Pearson in and trying to get him to rebuild the club - I think it would be foolish and self defeating to get rid of him in the middle of that rebuild just because rebuilds take time and resource. 

I do not think for a minute Pearson was the right manager for the players and set up we had last season, or indeed the right manager for most of the players or set up we have at the moment. But - if we were happy with the players and set up we had last season - we wouldn’t have given Pearson the job.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

The one disappointing element of Pearson's time with us is he inability to sure up our defence. 

He is an ex defender so that is really poor. 

OK he has average players to deal with but a quality manager would concentrate on that aspect of the team and coach those average players better. 

Plus he has signed a few players.

At the moment, I'd rather we scored less but stopped ****ing conceding so many! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d personally get rid, but I do concede staying up was the general consensus going into the season. I was hoping for much more progress in performances though. Just not sure how the season will be looked at from the viewpoint of the Lansdowns. 

Agree with this totally.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I'd be surprised if Massengo is still with us next season. I do think he's got ability and he's still young, but if we get offered anything over 4 million, we won't be able to turn it down in our current position.

I've said on previous threads that i'm not sure what he actually excels at? He's not a great passer of the ball and his assist/goals figures are awful. He can still improve and with better players around him he may go up another level, but i'm not sure he's as good as many believe him to be.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Massengo clearly doesn’t want to be here you can tell by his recent attitude,hope he doesn’t get the abuse fammy did

Comparing Massengo with Fammy!!!! Come on. Massengo works incredibly hard every game, he battles and wants to win the ball, you could never apply those words to Fammy.  Yes Massengo’s recent attitude may be less than we’ve come to expect but really he’s not going to get the abuse Fammy did. 

Edited by JP Hampton

Whilst disappointing, at the beginning of the season the majority of us realists wanted to stay in the division and didn’t expect much else. We’ve done that. The football has been far from ideal but there are numbers of reasons for the inconsistency’s.  Another window beckons, this coming season would’ve been where I’d like to of seen proper progress. Unfortunately our precarious financial position makes this once again a very difficult season up ahead. Pearson is working with his hands tied behind his back. Would’ve been great to of seen what could have been done with him in charge a couple of years ago with the unlimited funds others have wasted.  

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I'd be surprised if Massengo is still with us next season. I do think he's got ability and he's still young, but if we get offered anything over 4 million, we won't be able to turn it down in our current position.

I've said on previous threads that i'm not sure what he actually excels at? He's not a great passer of the ball and his assist/goals figures are awful. He can still improve and with better players around him he may go up another level, but i'm not sure he's as good as many believe him to be.

He is young and needs to develop but there is a lot there. I can see him leaving in the summer but I am not sure it is in his interests to do so and, if he does, a move will make or break him.

Good as he has looked at times this season, the frank truth remains that he is still struggling to nail down a regular start at a lower table Championship club. I think he can be a top flight player in the future but he is going to have to improve a lot very quickly to get in a top flight squad next season.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He is young and needs to develop but there is a lot there. I can see him leaving in the summer but I am not sure it is in his interests to do so and, if he does, a move will make or break him.

Good as he has looked at times this season, the frank truth remains that he is still struggling to nail down a regular start at a lower table Championship club. I think he can be a top flight player in the future but he is going to have to improve a lot very quickly to get in a top flight squad next season.

Agree with every word, which perversely is why I think he’s the most likely of the 3 to be off if we get a bid.

Semenyo & Scott are far harder to replace, though of course we cannot predict who we get an offer for or how much it is.

10 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Comparing Massengo with Fammy!!!! Come on. Massengo works incredibly hard every game, he battles and wants to win the ball, you could never apply those words to Fammy.  Yes Massengo’s recent attitude may be less than we’ve come to expect but really he’s not going to get the abuse Fammy did. 

Who has been the better player for our club,massengo or fammy in your opinion 

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who has been the better player for our club,massengo or fammy in your opinion 

Depends what “better” means. Hard working, committed ,tenacious, striving to be better. I can only apply those words to one of those two and that’s Massengo. Admittedly I didn’t watch Fammy much when Johnson first brought him into the side but I did when he returned from injury and I  never saw him work that hard unless his position was under threat e.g when Afobe was on loan. Yes he seemed like a lovely bloke but that doesn’t mean he worked his hardest for the club. I can only speak from what I saw. And that’s the opinion I came too. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Depends what “better” means. Hard working, committed ,tenacious, striving to be better. I can only apply those words to one of those two and that’s Massengo. Admittedly I didn’t watch Fammy much when Johnson first brought him into the side but I did when he returned from injury and I  never saw him work that hard unless his position was under threat e.g when Afobe was on loan. Yes he seemed like a lovely bloke but that doesn’t mean he worked his hardest for the club. I can only speak from what I saw. And that’s the opinion I came too. 

Being our top scorer for a couple of years under a LJ side was no mean feat trust me when he had scraps to live off and not forgetting he was probably our best defender at set pieces which has come home to roost 

23 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Being our top scorer for a couple of years under a LJ side was no mean feat trust me when he had scraps to live off and not forgetting he was probably our best defender at set pieces which has come home to roost 

Fair enough but as said I still don’t think you can compare their work ethic and as you said earlier we’ll have to agree to disagree. And that’s the beauty of a forum. 

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Fair enough but as said I still don’t think you can compare their work ethic and as you said earlier we’ll have to agree to disagree. And that’s the beauty of a forum. 

Spot on,sometimes in normal life you have to put your foot down and ask what you think you deserve,if you don’t get it you work out your notice and get what you want 

Feels like a strange one to pick out Massengo today. 

May be wrong but not sure we touched the ball until he came on today. 

Funny day overall. I think it's the first time we've sat around and discussed Nigel Pearson. Nobody was really sure what we're aiming for but everyone felt he's probably still the right person to lead us. 

Let's see what the summer brings. 

• Like 4

This thread (and others) have done my absolute head in this season  as I'm unsure what people were expecting? Surely at the start of the season most people would have taken where we are  right now in the table? The football hasn't been great at times but I've also seen more at times from these players than I have the last couple of years.

We are in a complete financial mess going into the summer but what we do have now largely  thanks to Pearson and the coaching  development is 2 or 3 players who can either be sold or be better next year. Think we will just have enough room to bring in a couple of cheap deals and should have enough to stay up again. (Other teams are in the shit too)

Hopefully then the books are a bit more balanced and the structure behind the scenes then allows us to start looking forward. For me personally if we are safe again this time next year then once again Pearson has done his job. Not sure people understand how much of a mess this club was in and what a long journey it still is to get out of it. 

As somebody else alluded to, don't think there is anybody else realistically I would want in charge right now.

• Like 17
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but I've always felt that it's a bit generous to use "he was our top scorer for a few years" as a point in favour of Fam.

Across those years he was often playing as a lone striker, in front of a low scoring midfield, and he was being given penalty duty. He was also playing almost all of every game. It would have been a pretty severe failure were he not to have been top goalscorer in those circumstances.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree so much.

We needed experience in at this point to avoid a spiral.  I’m not saying we have the worst squad in the Championship, but I don’t think it is that good either, and we’ve relied on a stellar Andi Weimann, producing a career best season (by some stretch), the emergence of several young players that ought to be better from 1) a season of regular(ish) first team football or 2) a season of being part of a first team training squad, with minutes here and there.

We are trying to survive on the cheap, and we’ve done that.  It’s painful, yep, but it could be so much worse.  We aren’t getting relegated.  It sounds negative, it sounds forgiving of the manager, giving him excuses, but I honestly don’t think there were too many out there capable of rebuilding us.  I think it might be fair to say Cook and Hughton turned us down because it was a very tough gig.

Some are saying next season’s squad might be weaker.  Yep, it might.  Does that not say how big a mess we are in, that after 12 months of cost cutting, we still have to scale back further.  Relying on sell-ons for Kelly for example, or selling our young stars…how did it come to that.

Thank god, we have the likes of Benarous, Conway, Bell, etc that can build upon what we’ve seen from Scott, Semenyo and Pring.  Credit to Academy staff, but also Pearson for sacrificing “budget” to work with a squad that includes these….rather than paying for experience that might buy us a few “worthless” positions up the league table.

I’m probably in a minority that has enjoyed this season, not everything is visible through on field performances.  I’m happy to live with that view.

Hughton didn't turn us down !

22 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

This thread (and others) have done my absolute head in this season  as I'm unsure what people were expecting? Surely at the start of the season most people would have taken where we are  right now in the table? The football hasn't been great at times but I've also seen more at times from these players than I have the last couple of years.

We are in a complete financial mess going into the summer but what we do have now largely  thanks to Pearson and the coaching  development is 2 or 3 players who can either be sold or be better next year. Think we will just have enough room to bring in a couple of cheap deals and should have enough to stay up again. (Other teams are in the shit too)

Hopefully then the books are a bit more balanced and the structure behind the scenes then allows us to start looking forward. For me personally if we are safe again this time next year then once again Pearson has done his job. Not sure people understand how much of a mess this club was in and what a long journey it still is to get out of it. 

As somebody else alluded to, don't think there is anybody else realistically I would want in charge right now.

I agree with most of what you say but i do feel that Nige has been given a bit of a free ride this season.

Whilst our financial problems are clear, i don't believe that we are in any more of a mess than Luton, Preston, Millwall, Huddersfield etc.

A managers job is to improve what he has available to him, and i don't feel he has done that. Nige still has my support but unless we bring in 3 or 4 players in the summer that greatly improve us, next season will unfortunately follow a similar pattern.

I thought at the very least he would make us organised and hard to play against, but if anything, we are the opposite of that.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Whether Hughton or Cook “turned us down” or not (poetic licence from me), they went through 2+ interviews, before finding they / City weren’t the fit they each side thought they were.  Cook basically tried to make himself look bad in the interview, when he realised how big a mess it was, so he wouldn’t get offered the gig.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I agree with most of what you say but i do feel that Nige has been given a bit of a free ride this season.

Whilst our financial problems are clear, i don't believe that we are in any more of a mess than Luton, Preston, Millwall, Huddersfield etc.

A managers job is to improve what he has available to him, and i don't feel he has done that. Nige still has my support but unless we bring in 3 or 4 players in the summer that greatly improve us, next season will unfortunately follow a similar pattern.

I thought at the very least he would make us organised and hard to play against, but if anything, we are the opposite of that.

Out of possession we are a disorganised shambles for much of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Oh we are.  The quality of our squad for the wasted cost far outweighs those clubs.  

• Like 8

Who really thinks we have improved under NP in the past year? we have regressed even more than even under the Johnsons and Dean i.mo. Before that ??? who exactly is selecting these managers ffs. The futures bright....yeah right. ?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Whether Hughton or Cook “turned us down” or not (poetic licence from me), they went through 2+ interviews, before finding they / City weren’t the fit they each side thought they were.  Cook basically tried to make himself look bad in the interview, when he realised how big a mess it was, so he wouldn’t get offered the gig.

Ah OK fine. It read like you meant Hughton turned us down because of our financial position.

He was never offered the job.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Oh we are.  The quality of our squad for the wasted cost far outweighs those clubs.  

I'm sorry Dave, but i don't believe for one minute that our squad (on paper) is any worse than the clubs i mentioned.

Forget about finances for a moment and judge our progress by the players available to the manager at each of those clubs and we are sadly lagging behind in terms of performances on the pitch.

As i have said before, i am happy to stick with Nige, but lets not sugar coat how poor this season has been.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Who really thinks we have improved under NP in the past year? we have regressed even more than even under the Johnsons and Dean i.mo. Before that ??? who exactly is selecting these managers ffs. The futures bright....yeah right. ?

Yep, we’ve regressed.  As has the squad available to select from. As has the cost of that squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I'm sorry Dave, but i don't believe for one minute that our squad (on paper) is any worse than the clubs i mentioned.

Forget about finances for a moment and judge our progress by the players available to the manager at each of those clubs and we are sadly lagging behind in terms of performances on the pitch.

As i have said before, i am happy to stick with Nige, but lets not sugar coat how poor this season has been.

I think all of those have “better” squads, better balanced squads, deeper squads, etc.  in some cases it’s marginal admittedly.  All about opinions though.

This season has been poor if you look at many things.

Is it massively different to the expectations of the squad though?

We all have different viewpoints, perhaps I’m just happy to judge differently. Doesn’t make me right or wrong, just the way I see it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, we’ve regressed.  As has the squad available to select from. As has the cost of that squad. 

He has only lost "dead wood" and the players he has decided to "banish".

He has had a mid table Championship squad available to him all season and has underperformed with it. We haven't gone down so no disaster.

But we will next season if massive improvements are not made.

2 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Allowing for the fact we lost 14 players that were OOC, managed to get rid of our CEO, the medical staff, a lot of fitness and conditioning staff that all (specially the CEO) were not fit for purpose. 
I admit here that there could still be questions asked due to our injury lists.
Due to financial problems we have given minutes to about a teams worth of Academy talent. 
We have been hindered yet again by injuries, even more by when and what part of the team has been affected.
With all that, I have enjoyed some of the last few months footballl ,more than at any time over the last 2 years. I'd say there has been progress, slower than we might have hoped , but when you can't play they players when and where you want it's hard
I moan as much as many, but I also try and take a breath and think about where we are. If we had had a full squad to choose from the entire year and performed as we have, I'd be in the front row screaming , we haven't. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Allowing for the fact we lost 14 players that were OOC, managed to get rid of our CEO, the medical staff, a lot of fitness and conditioning staff that all (specially the CEO) were not fit for purpose. 
I admit here that there could still be questions asked due to our injury lists.
Due to financial problems we have given minutes to about a teams worth of Academy talent. 
We have been hindered yet again by injuries, even more by when and what part of the team has been affected.
With all that, I have enjoyed some of the last few months footballl ,more than at any time over the last 2 years. I'd say there has been progress, slower than we might have hoped , but when you can't play they players when and where you want it's hard
I moan as much as many, but I also try and take a breath and think about where we are. If we had had a full squad to choose from the entire year and performed as we have, I'd be in the front row screaming , we haven't. 

Chose to get rid of 12 players, the CEO left of his own accord for a better offer and we brought in an "elite" medical team the would improve the injury problems and "get more players on the grass" .

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Were you sitting in on the interview? If Cook decided he didn't like what he saw then he was perfectly capable of turning the job down. From a CV point of view in pretty much any profession, it is better to be offered the job- people who say they deliberately sabotaged their interview because they didnt want the job are invariably full of sh*t.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can you just explain why in 14 months Pearson has not managed a back to back win? The constant deflection from Nige's genuinely poor record due to external factors - LJ/MA/SL/Refs/Parachutes/injuries/money and whatever comes to mind is wearing very thin and has been for some time. He has done some good in some areas but I can't see any sign whatsoever that after 14 months and one of the worst records in recent BCFC history that he's the right man to take us forward. I just can't see it and it has nothing whatsoever to do with agendas or some misplaced dislike of the fella.

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Depends on your agenda

See above

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think all of those have “better” squads, better balanced squads, deeper squads, etc.  in some cases it’s marginal admittedly.  All about opinions though.

This season has been poor if you look at many things.

Is it massively different to the expectations of the squad though?

We all have different viewpoints, perhaps I’m just happy to judge differently. Doesn’t make me right or wrong, just the way I see it. 

I always respect your opinions Dave and i suppose its just my frustrations coming out after a few beers on a Saturday night after yet another defeat.

This season has been underwhelming, not just in terms of results, but also performances.

I've watched about 25 games this season either live or via TV and i can count on one hand, the number of 45 minute performances that have impressed me.

Nige arrived with a pretty big reputation, and to this point, hasn't improved us in my opinion. As stated, i will "keep the faith" but it's getting harder week by week.

I will be at The Gate again for the Peterborough game next Saturday and hoping for better!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Chose to get rid of 12 players, the CEO left of his own accord for a better offer and we brought in an "elite" medical team the would improve the injury problems and "get more players on the grass" .

Could we have kept or offered new deals to all those players? No, not without spending shit loads of money we didn't have.
Slice it how you like the CEO went, the fact that most people wanted him gone is a bonus. I honestly think he realised he was about to be found out. 
I give you that there are questions about our injuries, but a change was needed. I'd say a revolution was needed, it's started. It needed a strong man to come in, with experience. Now Pearson has started the process.
Am I content at where we are, probably not. But I'm not sure dumping the plan now is the right thing.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Depends on your agenda

So Derby were deducted 21 points and Reading 6. Without this it would put Derby above and Reading 1 point behind with a game in hand. As I said- let's see where the season takes us and see how close it was after the final 6 matches.

Agenda's work both ways. Some take it very personally if anyone criticises Nigel so I suggest you man up- I'm not a loan voice.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Its strange the the areas in which NP has brought his choices into are imo the worst performing areas now..i.e the shambles of a defence and powder puff midfield, strange indeed considering as the defence should be right up his street, so what is going wrong there?

The cost has gone down but Fammy was always going to leave and most of the rest on big bucks are just running their contracts down, so he`s done nothing wonderfull there.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So Derby were deducted 21 points and Reading 6. Without this it would put Derby above and Reading 1 point behind with a game in hand. As I said- let's see where the season takes us and see how close it was after the final 6 matches.

Agenda's work both ways. Some take it very personally if anyone criticises Nigel so I suggest you man up- I'm not a loan voice.

I would say attaining safety in your penultimate game is More escaping relegation by the ‘skin of your teeth’ , wouldn’t you ?

Oh no , you wouldn’t 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was he afraid Swiss Tony was going to make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Were you sitting in on the interview? If Cook decided he didn't like what he saw then he was perfectly capable of turning the job down. From a CV point of view in pretty much any profession, it is better to be offered the job- people who say they deliberately sabotaged their interview because they didnt want the job are invariably full of sh*t.

Can you just explain why in 14 months Pearson has not managed a back to back win? The constant deflection from Nige's genuinely poor record due to external factors - LJ/MA/SL/Refs/Parachutes/injuries/money and whatever comes to mind is wearing very thin and has been for some time. He has done some good in some areas but I can't see any sign whatsoever that after 14 months and one of the worst records in recent BCFC history that he's the right man to take us forward. I just can't see it and it has nothing whatsoever to do with agendas or some misplaced dislike of the fella.

See above

All fair challenges MRR.

Just saying what I was told, which seemed very plausible.  Validity of everything is virtually always 2nd hand (or further removed).  Sometimes you trust who tells you what and sometimes you don’t….depends who it is, what they’re claiming and where it was sourced from.

I totally get why you / others patience is wearing thin.  Mine isn’t.  It isn’t about being right or wrong either…it doesn’t really matter…plus it’s fluid anyway.  It’s just “views”, and we can have opposing ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but I've always felt that it's a bit generous to use "he was our top scorer for a few years" as a point in favour of Fam.

Across those years he was often playing as a lone striker, in front of a low scoring midfield, and he was being given penalty duty. He was also playing almost all of every game. It would have been a pretty severe failure were he not to have been top goalscorer in those circumstances.

That is why I love what he done for our club,as you say he at times was basically all alone with our awful midfield and was then expected to defend corners,if you think being generous to call him our top scorer as some sort of negative then wow

59 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Do you really think we're worse than last season? This season hasn't been great, but it's easy to forget just how bad last season was. Across the season we were the worst side in the league in terms of underlying numbers. We frequently failed to even perform competitively and respectably (bar the first 5 games).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edgy Red said:

Luton Preston and Millwall have never spent big like Lansdown Ashton and Johnson….Look at what the idiots spent by comparison to bloody Pearson…Its nuts. Huddersfield have had the benefit of relegation money up until this season/….There is one place to look and three people to look at. Pearson was brought in to bail out Steve Lansdown and the playboy f wit son, (who continues to be a total waste of everyone’s time) who publicly criticised the guy! 

I would start With firing Jon Lansdown and putting someone in place that doesn’t think he can act like the son of an oligarch and show up for sound bites for the local rag twice a year!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Edgy Red said:

I see where you're coming from, and it's something I've wondered about quite a bit. I think it comes down to the difference between a "squad on paper" and a starting 11 in practice.

Were you to simply look at a squad list, you'd see we have quite a few good individual players, perhaps more so than some other clubs higher in the table. (Bentley, Kalas, Baker, Klose, Atkinson, Weimann, Semenyo, Wells etc - lots of "high value names" in there).

The problem is that it's incredibly difficult to actually make a strong, balanced starting 11 out of our squad. How many games this season have we had to start without an actual RB/RWB playing at RB/RWB? Do we have any real wingers in the squad at all? O'Dowda is the only one really - our best attacking players are all most effective through the centre. That's a real issue in selecting a starting 11. 

Conversely, other clubs may have fewer "star players", but they have a collection of players that compliment one another and that fit into a clear set-up/system. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Do you really think we're worse than last season? This season hasn't been great, but it's easy to forget just how bad last season was. Across the season we were the worst side in the league in terms of underlying numbers. We frequently failed to even perform competitively and respectably (bar the first 5 games).

NP up to March 19th; W 14, L 29, D12 been over a year and 55games, not the best stats in the world are they? lost more than twice as many as won