IGNORED

New shirt

Mattredrobin

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ta

Jesus wept

I thought it was a piss take about him , which would have been slightly amusing

I can confirm too it's totally serious and genuine

I guess the fever pitch production is for the launch video and not for the kit design. Hummel normally produce 15/20 designs that they show the club as early as September. These designs usually incorporate a historical concept ( as per this kit) or incorporate local features or something of meaning to the club in question. Therefore not sure how much use John's crayons got in producing this design. Could be wrong of course ( but I did listen carefully to the Hummel guy on POF last week).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I guess the fever pitch production is for the launch video and not for the kit design. Hummel normally produce 15/20 designs that they show the club as early as September. These designs usually incorporate a historical concept ( as per this kit) or incorporate local features or something of meaning to the club in question. Therefore not sure how much use John's crayons got in producing this design. Could be wrong of course ( but I did listen carefully to the Hummel guy on POF last week).

Yes was referring to the video production….I see there are 3 or 4 ex-Bristol Sport media or JMP media now part of Fever Pitch’s team.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Didn't even realise JL was involved with Fever Pitch! The only City connection I first noticed was that Rogan Thomson; one of the photographers who was with JMP; now works for them.

As for the shirt overall, it's good to see the collar back & the badge no longer being centre. For me, the white sleeves will take a while to get used to...

On 06/06/2022 at 18:43, shahanshahan said:

At least it's good that Sophie Whitehouse was included, as part of the "one club" mentality. I can assume players from City Women to be included in other kit reveals - especially if all teams now have the same shirt sponsor (as opposed to Mansion Bet & Yeo Valley respectively) 

And it was great to see Ffion Morgan, Ella Powell, Lia Cataldo & Chloe Bull be included in the reveal. Nice line from the article on the club website
"Sponsored for the first time by new principal partner Huboo and created with the club’s technical partner hummel, City has taken a shirt from a time when women’s football was still banned [by the FA], to a kit that’s worn by all its teams, from Academy to first team"

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Didn't even realise JL was involved with Fever Pitch! The only City connection I first noticed was that Rogan Thomson; one of the photographers who was with JMP; now works for them.

As for the shirt overall, it's good to see the collar back & the badge no longer being centre. For me, the white sleeves will take a while to get used to...

And it was great to see Ffion Morgan, Ella Powell, Lia Cataldo & Chloe Bull be included in the reveal!

Ed Lewis ex-City

Max Southway ex-Flyers

Tom Vaux ex-Bears

• Like 1

Home shirt is … erm ….. different. Fresh and, well, a change. Nice video. 

Like the warm up shirt although the scribbles on the white seem odd - a ‘top hat’ what’s that about? Just a pity they don’t do an open neck. Useful summer gardening gear, cool with quick wash and dry. Not sure I could bear taking the scissors to the neck of a £35 shirt though as I’ve done with the old (cheaper) versions.

Edited by RedRock

10 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Like the warm up shirt although the scribbles on the white seem odd - a ‘top hat’ what’s that about?

That old chap. Built some train lines. Some stations. A boat. A bridge. Has some links to Bristol. Might’ve heard of him? :)

• Haha 4

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

I like the style of the home kit and the reference to the past...but I find the sponsor too large/bulky: maybe on the pitch we won't notice it too much...

I'm still trying to figure why a shirt worn in the mid 1950s?

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm still trying to figure why a shirt worn in the mid 1950s?

Only the second time we've been champions of any division in the last 94 years, about as relevant as wearing purple when winning a cup game in the 80s.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Even worse than last year's. Loathe the pointless collar, while the goalie kit looks like George at Asda trying to do "rave".

Mind you, I'm not its target audience. I haven't bought a replica shirt since the Sanderson Computer Recruitment days.

If you like it, you like it, but it's not for me.  :disapointed2se:

When last worn we had a great promotion side includingArthur Milton, arguably the greatest winger to play for us.  It is this double international in football and cricket that I remember most in this kit

Did we choose this kit because Milton ended his career with us after playing for Arsenal?

Happy memories of oldAshton Gate.

• Like 2

To be clear. I believe Fever Pitch has been created so one 'umbrella' for all the media, marketing etc for all the sports. Previously each sport has been quite separate with maybe a small overlap of staff. The aim primarily is to save costs.

Read the bio of Fenix under meet the team!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Even worse than last year's. Loathe the pointless collar, while the goalie kit looks like George at Asda trying to do "rave".

Mind you, I'm not its target audience. I haven't bought a replica shirt since the Sanderson Computer Recruitment days.

Ironically one of the Sanderson shirts had a very pointless collar which could be folded inside the shirt

Not a replica kit buyer myself - but clearly that is Arsenal's kit - or alternatively Rotherham. We play in red shirts.

However, if we stroll through a season of glory I won't care what the players are wearing.

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Pointless!!! Could have someone’s eye out with those! ???

3 hours ago, RedM said:

To be clear. I believe Fever Pitch has been created so one 'umbrella' for all the media, marketing etc for all the sports. Previously each sport has been quite separate with maybe a small overlap of staff. The aim primarily is to save costs.

Read the bio of Fenix under meet the team!

So, is this under the umbrella of Pula / Bristol Sport….or a cynic might suggest Jon’s new venture is taking money out of the club for his own company’s benefit.  Nice cushy number if so.  Be nice to get some transparency on this.  At least with the club sub-contracting certain elements to the likes of JMP, it’s a business-to-business relationship. To an outsider looking in, this looks all a bit too convenient!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Decent range of choice to be fair, the prices are a little on the high side though

the price is standard at the moment and reflects all the increased costs every business is suffering with due to..........

Edited by Monkeh

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pointless!!! Could have someone’s eye out with those! ???

So, is this under the umbrella of Pula / Bristol Sport….or a cynic might suggest Jon’s new venture is taking money out of the club for his own company’s benefit.  Nice cushy number if so.  Be nice to get some transparency on this.  At least with the club sub-contracting certain elements to the likes of JMP, it’s a business-to-business relationship. To an outsider looking in, this looks all a bit too convenient!

It doesn't appear to be its own company - it's seemingly a division of Bristol Sport Ltd.

It reminds a little of what Nationwide building society did when they created The Studio (in Bristol) where they wanted their creative team to work in agency-style approach: https://damfino.co.uk/digital-customer-experience-client-case-study/world-class-digital-agency/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's just nice to have something a bit different for a change. 

I loved the pin-stripe shirts. 

The "Arsenal" look takes some getting used too, but overall, I like it.

I didn't bother buying last seasons (hate the central badge) but I'll buy this one. 

Not that I ever wear them, but always tend to buy one.! 

At least they'll be available before the summer is over this year, so always good for the holiday suitcase to show where you are from. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The training shirts are better than the GK shirts that they're comparable to by a mile. They should've been the GK shirts.

The blackout stuff is really nice too and something I've been calling for for a few years now... although on the t-shirt I'd have preferred the big logo be on the back with a small robin on the brest pocket space.

The pricing of any of it though is difficult to justify. £40 for some joggers and £65 for a hoodie. Fortunately the blackout stuff will never go out of date or out of style and it could be sold for years on-end, but it's still a fair chunk of cash.

47 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It doesn't appear to be its own company - it's seemingly a division of Bristol Sport Ltd.

It reminds a little of what Nationwide building society did when they created The Studio (in Bristol) where they wanted their creative team to work in agency-style approach: https://damfino.co.uk/digital-customer-experience-client-case-study/world-class-digital-agency/

Nice insight…I worked with that team for 2 years on PSD2, looking at Digital app and Internet Banking design. Nationwide very focussed on customer experience rather than paying lip service to it.

• Like 1

The new design is of course a marmite strip.

My main issue however, is why have we gone with a retro home strip, and that a full on assault on the senses modern Goalkeeper strip?

The two together with just look bizarre in the extreme.

• Like 3

As soon as I saw it though old Arsenal top :laugh:, 

Seams a little crazy recreating a colour last seen on out tops over 60 years ago, I think very few would remember us in that colour, to most fans we have always been all red, in all our history we have had white sleeves for one season 54-55 it's just not really part of our history in a big way 

If they wanted to add a bit of white should have done pin stripes that's always been popular,

Edited by winsaw

10 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

My main issue however, is why have we gone with a retro home strip, and that a full on assault on the senses modern Goalkeeper strip?

They have to come up with something different every now and again, the shirt will not be liked by everyone whatever it looked like though.
The Keepers kit ? Well, you could say the same about last years, slightly higher on the volume control perhaps, but if you like keepers kits, you probably like this, and because it's different it will sell. If you look on social media, there seems to be a Markey for it, other teams supporters buying it. 

If they had gone 1976 would there be such a "why Retro" ? I doubt it. Basically it looks like they felt it was time for a big change, but a big change that isn't completely out of the blue. 

I don't hate it, I don't love it, but then again I don't buy them. 

Now, the T shirt range well. For the first time in a while, I will be buying them.

People talking about different colours, have we not always played in red and white? Had plenty of all red shirts, also had plenty of shirts with white panelling etc. We've also had hoops and stripes on various shirts, did they also fail to align with our "identity"?

I think it's quite plain, I won't buy it, but some of the complaints knocking about don't make any sense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, winsaw said:

As soon as I saw it though old Arsenal top :laugh:, 

Seams a little crazy recreating a colour last seen on out tops over 60 years ago, I think very few would remember us in that colour, to most fans we have always been all red, in all our history we have had white sleeves for one season 54-55 it's just not really part of our history in a big way 

If they wanted to add a bit of white should have done pin stripes that's always been popular,

I remember a lot of white on the shirt sleeves in 2013..

Now That was a hideous shirt. 

3 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Not a replica kit buyer myself - but clearly that is Arsenal's kit - or alternatively Rotherham. We play in red shirts.

However, if we stroll through a season of glory I won't care what the players are wearing.

Exactly, we could play in pants and string vests, for all I would care !

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I've wondered this too. Surely if you go retro you don't just do it for 10 of 11, you do the whole lot...

1 hour ago, Taz said:

So.....what was the away kit/colour in 1954/55? Just a hunch...

Before my time, but I doubt there was such a thing as an away shirt in 54/55.

The home kit would have been worn at all away matches unless there was a direct shirt clash which was probably only a few times per season.

There must have been an alternative to our red shirt for those occasions, but probably just some plain white ones kept in the boot of the team coach.

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

People talking about different colours, have we not always played in red and white? Had plenty of all red shirts, also had plenty of shirts with white panelling etc. We've also had hoops and stripes on various shirts, did they also fail to align with our "identity"?

I think it's quite plain, I won't buy it, but some of the complaints knocking about don't make any sense.

We have only had white sleeves once in our history the 54-55 season,

We have had different white strips on the sleeves a far few times form the 90s onwards but the top was still predominantly red, 

Only other time we have had this much white was 2013-14 when the bottom half of the sleeves was all white, 

So only the 2nd time ever we have had no red on the sleeves at all I think that's why it's not really our identity

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Bring back Gibbo's faded green long sleeved "jumper" !

• Like 1

I think those of us of a certain age remember when teams didn’t change their kits every season.

Leeds we’re all white ,Liverpool all red ,even the away kits generally were the same (although that yellow Leeds kit in the 70’s was perhaps where it started to change).We had red shirts and white shots ,a bit dull ,but all kits were in those days ,it was solely a way of deferentiating between the two teams .

This years strip is an Arsenal strip ,I’ll manage ,but just not very Bristol City.

On a more positive note ,it could be argued that City are helping some Bristolians with the cost of living crisis,as I see many clad in Arsenal shirts as I go about my business in the City and they can now rock up to Ashton Gate without spending a penny and fit right in .