IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

All this talk of ian alexander has me looking back mistyeyed,, those games were so close, and those rovers players were like hitler and stalin to me as a kid,, we hated them, they hated us, we struggled to beat them until the donawa goal, happy days!

Or Alex Ianander if you read the Bountyhunter 

52 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

All this talk of ian alexander has me looking back mistyeyed,, those games were so close, and those rovers players were like hitler and stalin to me as a kid,, we hated them, they hated us, we struggled to beat them until the donawa goal, happy days!

Read and enjoy:

59 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Anyone feel more comfortable with cashing in on Semenyo with the emergence of Tommy Conway, or would it be a lot to ask for Conway to keep this up for a season?

I just keep thinking about how good TC and AS could be up front for us……will cause havoc amongst many defences……add Kalas in as our RCB and we should be OK at the back too…..

Last night really was a sign of how good we could be

Lets back it up against Cardiff on Sunday now ?

COYRs

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bristol red said:

The deal is dependent upon positive medical reports and the loan back based on financial insurances regarding fitness at end of season hence initial deal circa £15m.

From whom? Me.

Medical report: injured.

Loan back based on end of season fitness?- No loan deal in football history has had a clause insuring the player is fit at the end of the season. We cannot predict the future. 

I don't see what Palace would gain from loaning him back to us. He's 22 years old, and can make an immediate impact (when fit). 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Medical report: injured.

Loan back based on end of season fitness?- No loan deal in football history has had a clause insuring the player is fit at the end of the season. We cannot predict the future. 

I don't see what Palace would gain from loaning him back to us. He's 22 years old, and can make an immediate impact (when fit). 

Totally.

Palace have had 19 year old Luke Plange on the bench this season, Antoine would definitely be in front of him.

Plus I don’t think Pearson would want a player that we’ve already sold in his squad, very hard to know how it would work re his motivation & avoiding injury, just can’t see it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Totally.

Palace have had 19 year old Luke Plange on the bench this season, Antoine would definitely be in front of him.

Plus I don’t think Pearson would want a player that we’ve already sold in his squad, very hard to know how it would work re his motivation & avoiding injury, just can’t see it.

Pearson's recent comments surrounding transfers seem to hint that he is perhaps bracing himself for one asset to depart before the end of the window.

Last night (post Luton), he stated that there is no more money available for incomings, and that it relies on a sale in order to bring in new additions. 

The likelihood is, that it will be Semenyo, as rumours are gathering pace. 

I completely agree with you, he can make an impact at Palace. He would likely be 2nd or 3rd choice straight away, and would get opportunities to claim a starting position. 

We still look a threat in attack with Semenyo out injured, and Conway is displaying similar strengths from both wide and central areas of the pitch. 3 goals and 2 assists (?) so far. 

Brandon Thomas-Asante (Salford) could be a long-term Semenyo replacement.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, One Team said:

Views on him going to Palace seem mixed on their forum. A few seem to think it would be a good option for them but many underwhelmed by the prospect. Let’s hope he stays!

I can imagine for Palace fans it would feel like a bit of a punt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, One Team said:

Views on him going to Palace seem mixed on their forum. A few seem to think it would be a good option for them but many underwhelmed by the prospect. Let’s hope he stays!

To be fair, that's what I'd expect on these boards for a young player doing well in League One. It'd be roughly 50/50 between those who welcomed an exciting new talent and those who were expecting a bigger name and it'd be roughly 10/90 between those who had seen them play and those who were making up an opinion based off media reports and Youtube clips. 

• Like 3

How can i possibly know?  Ha!   But surely AS would be better off staying with us for the rest of the season, displaying his undoubted talent, and then having the choice of a number of clubs rather than just Palace?  He seems a really switched on young man, with plenty of intelligence, so i could certainly see him carefully weighing up his long term options, rather than going to the first club to make an offer?   But then, as i said..........what do I, or anyone else outside his family, possibly know?

22 minutes ago, maxjak said:

How can i possibly know?  Ha!   But surely AS would be better off staying with us for the rest of the season, displaying his undoubted talent, and then having the choice of a number of clubs rather than just Palace?  He seems a really switched on young man, with plenty of intelligence, so i could certainly see him carefully weighing up his long term options, rather than going to the first club to make an offer?   But then, as i said..........what do I, or anyone else outside his family, possibly know?

His best chance of making the Ghana WC squad is by staying here, getting back from injury and playing…imho.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

His best chance of making the Ghana WC squad is by staying here, getting back from injury and playing…imho.

I think that is a fair point @Davefevs but then again he might back himself to actually get some game time at Palace and make an impact - it’s a tricky one for the lad, if , of course, Palace, or anyone else is actually interested.

In situations like this money talks and as we all know IF there is interest his wages would increase by an incredible amount.

You also have to look at it from the clubs prospective - we could do with the money and if his valuation is met then I would expect a certain encouragement from us for him to go.

Edited by ScottishRed
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think that is a fair point @Davefevs but then again he might back himself to actually get some game time at Palace and make an impact - it’s a tricky one for the lad, if , of course, Palace, or anyone else is actually interested.

In situations like this money talks and as we all know IF there is interest his wages would increase by an incredible amount.

You also have to look at it from the clubs prospective - we could do with the money and if his valuation is met then I would expect a certain encouragement from us for him to go.

You, too make a fair point...........all i would add is,  it would be gamble for his WC chances, which i believe he is very serious about, to get to Palace and establish himself in the first team in a very short time frame?  It's just a thought, and i could be way off target?

Edited by maxjak

I don’t think Ghana is on his mind at all. What is he on 4-6k a week? Palace would be offering 30-40k a week I am sure. The difference annually is 200-300k to 1.5-2m. That would be first on anyone’s mind. He’ll be 26 next world cup if does not work out for him this year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t think a prem move will hurt his chances of making the Ghana squad in my opinion. Plus I bet he will enjoy the big pay increase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

He needs a 15-20 goal season I get the impression he is a little injury prone which is why he is in a hurry to move at the first attempt rather than have a real break out season and attract bigger clubs and more money for himself 

Nowhere has it been said that Semenyo is ‘in a hurry to move’ . 

• Like 4

• Admin
21 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Don’t think a prem move will hurt his chances of making the Ghana squad in my opinion. Plus I bet he will enjoy the big pay increase.

Guaranteed first time football Vs Potential to be a squad player in the early days

21 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

I think that too,is a fair point. Being in the squad of an EPL team every week with maybe some game time probably trumps being first choice in a middling Championship side.

Like all of these things none of us know what is really going on or indeed may not be going on. We will just have to wait and see BUT if the lad is going to go then the sooner the better for us - what we don’t need is this dragging on until the very end of the window.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Clubs rarely knowingly buy currently injured players, although City have made a habit of buying players who get an injury in their first training session. Funny that!

John Galley had a broken ankle when we signed him!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, johnheadbcfc said:

I'd imagine he would rather earn quadruple what he earns here 

I imagine the current contract offer we have been in talks about does that!!!

His current contract was signed in 2019. He will be on relative peanuts at the mo is my guess.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t think Ghana is on his mind at all. What is he on 4-6k a week? Palace would be offering 30-40k a week I am sure. The difference annually is 200-300k to 1.5-2m. That would be first on anyone’s mind. He’ll be 26 next world cup if does not work out for him this year. 

My guess is he’s on less than this Joe - reasons ???

1 hour ago, UncleRed said:

He will need to play though. Ghana have attracted a few more players to their squad in recent months. Competition for squad places has gone up since Antoine played in a summer game where sone of the big players were missing.

But it’s his decision to weigh up not mine. 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His current contract was signed in 2019. He will be on relative peanuts at the mo is my guess.

He will need to play though. Ghana have attracted a few more players to their squad in recent months. Competition for squad places has gone up since Antoine played in a summer game where sone of the big players were missing.

There is no way city would be able to compete with palace in wages !

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think a prem move will be at the top of his agenda, and the moneys a nice attraction, over playing for Ghana. These players care more for money now than they ever did

• Admin
24 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

I think a prem move will be at the top of his agenda, and the moneys a nice attraction, over playing for Ghana. These players care more for money now than they ever did

Ultimately we can all only give our opinion, only Antoine really knows what his current priority is

Ghana representatives will already be keeping an eye on Palace, due to both Jordan Ayew and Jeffrey Schlupp. 

So you could argue he would be better suited there from an international perspective. 

He will get game time, Palace will not spend circa. £15m for him to not play. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, johnheadbcfc said:

There is no way city would be able to compete with palace in wages !

I was being a smart ass, e.g. he’s probably on something like £3k p.w at the mo’ (contract signed 2019)….so City could quadruple it (£12k p.w)….palace might quadruple it again though! ???

As most people do on most lines of work, it's hard to criticise and along as the club/ Semenyo are amicable he would go with our best wishes I would think

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was being a smart ass, e.g. he’s probably on something like £3k p.w at the mo’ (contract signed 2019)….so City could quadruple it (£12k p.w)….palace might quadruple it again though! ???

We don't have to sell so could be playing for current 2019 wage for another 2 years, or could be given a new 4 year contract at your example of 4 times current wage or what ever brings him in line with the benchmark we want to now set for our top earners. Gets much better opportunity to start every week, carry on development and could still be sold on to the prem at a future date.

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

We don't have to sell so could be playing for current 2019 wage for another 2 years, or could be given a new 4 year contract at your example of 4 times current wage or what ever brings him in line with the benchmark we want to now set for our top earners. Gets much better opportunity to start every week, carry on development and could still be sold on to the prem at a future date.

Exactimundo SRA. ??