IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

An incredibly exciting player, will miss watching him. I guess it was largely down to the injury but, to be honest, he was here six months longer than I thought he would be. Even on his off days whenever he got the ball you believed something could happen.

I really do long for the day that we're in a position that our best young players aren't being sold to clubs like Reading/Bournemouth and Cardiff though. Really hope when Scott goes it is to a much bigger club, much more established in the Premier League.

Hope Nige is able to use a (very) small amount of that nine million to bring in a couple of players over the next few days.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

• The title was changed to The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed
8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I just feel a sense of relief that we no longer have to constantly worry about breaching ffp. 

Not just that but a few million in today’s transfer market should enable us to strengthen our squad with a couple of desperately needed ‘oven ready’ players rather than the normal ‘one’s for the future’.

I just hope we buy players that don’t just have power and pace but are experts in their roles and then, importantly, Nige needs to be told not to try converting them into something they aren’t by playing them out of position. I still can’t quite get over the Bell at full-back punt.

Really cant bemoan a player when they get a chance  to move to the PL. Huge thanks to one of the most exciting players we have a had in a long time.

Also to Tinnion and the club for nurturing a rough diamond in to a real gem and who knows where he could go if he nails down the consistency bit.

• Like 3

A shame we won't get to see him at his peak he definitely has more to come but I'm glad he has got to the prem . 

Gotta laugh at the fans who don't understand that all teams are selling teams unless your in the top 6 , I'm glad he had the plus one year extension. He would of gone for less in the summer given he only just had his break through season. 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Don’t feel sad. Feel excited that Semenyo’s last act for us was making us less susceptible to a six point deduction. Stopping a deduction is pretty much the same as bagging points. 

Plus goals that earned us points v Coventry, Birmingham & Blackburn, plus a replay in the cup.

Lots of us (me included) doubted him big style early on, which just goes to show what we know.

I think Bournemouth are pathetic FFP cheats but I genuinely wish him well, he seems the loveliest of lads.

• Like 6

Wonderful to see another player develop into a talent desired by the top league . Well done to all , Antoine , Tins , Nige , all the staff and coaches . This is what we need , and more of .

very sad to see him go , but we got a player holding back this season , however he was like nothing we have or have had in the past . A proper modem player .I loved watching him , and it is our own fault we do not have him in the Prem with us . 

Bottom line , join City , develop and reach for the top .

This has to be our model for the future .

let’s hope we invest well and better this time , we blew the opportunity last time . 

We may need a few experienced heads , but developing youth and young talent is the only way we can run the club . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The replies to the tweet merely reinforce my long held view that 90% of people who reply to football-related tweets should not be allowed unsupervised access to the internet.

most of the one's I've read are positive and sad to see him go?

I didn't scroll right down to the bottom mind.

2 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

As a season ticket holder I am beginning to think what's the point. Instead of building a team around our best players, we just let them go. Can we have a whole team that go on to better things instead of the odd player?

Think we'd all like to keep our better players, but we can't pay the wages of the other teams that already have top-flight money, and we need the transfer income to hopefully stay within FFP rules, add in the ambitions of players who want to further their careers and it's a blessing that we have staff at an executive level who can sell players at a fair price. 

• Like 5