IGNORED

14 years ago today….

Wanderingred

• Admin
58 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

???? Not my memory at all 2 very even teams we far from bottled it had a good go against a very very determined Hull back 4

More to do with the awful substitution when Orr went off injured

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Logical-City said:

Was the only change to make at that stage of the game. Lee Johnson had played the majority of that season alongside Elliott where we’re top 2 for the majority! Big injury accepted McCombe being sick also massive loss but those are the breaks we still edged that game In high pressure circumstances without being able to create the clear chance but we didn’t have the quality as our squad was packed with League 1 fodder and Hulls back 4 defended for their lives!

Again we had no right to be there Johnson was a miracle worker with us and the undertones of disrespect I detect from some of you on here amaze me!

Thankyou Gary if you read this !

So to move a player across that could play full back and bring on a centre half wasn't an option? 

Let's move one of our most influential (Elliott) players into a position rarely played and lose one of the best midfielders in the league 

• Hmmm 1

Gotta be honest, result was shit but I had a great day, me and my mate in club Wembley in the hull end, YouTube video of us singing to our neighbours, cider, ‘posh’ seafood, champagne (my mate has more money than sense), we played ok, was close and not embarrassing, what would we do in the prem?, lift home with 2 city fans who’d taken it less well…great memories of a great season and a great day…here’s to the next time

47 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Sat in Plymouth student uni surrounded by Hull fans. Some members of which are who beat my uni team in a cup final the week before.

Ranks a bad day! 

If you are alive tomorrow you have a good  day ahead ?

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

On 14/07/2022 at 12:26, Logical-City said:

???? Not my memory at all 2 very even teams we far from bottled it had a good go against a very very determined Hull back 4

Agree that we didn’t bottle it. And the highlights I’ve just watched support my memory - we attacked far more than Hull. Adebola, Carle, Trundle (twice) and Byfield all had decent chances. We lacked quality on the day but we certainly gave it a go. It just wasn’t our day. We had such a tight squad and losing both McCombe and Orr was always going to be a tough ask. Orr probably would have blocked the Windass shot if it wasn’t for his serious head injury. This was nothing like our performance v Brighton in the league one play off final where we certainly did bottle it. 

• Flames 2