IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

Curr Avon

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Bring a coat …….currently raining in York and in Hull heavy rain forecast for 3pm ? 

Not on my app - says 0 precipitation this afternoon and 25 degrees! It's drizzling and miserable now however but I believe that's the standard start to a day in Hull.

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

All the best for the coming season and let’s hope we both get promoted. It’s the hope that kills us!

Cheers. I must admit I’m unsure of Swindon’s incomings and outgoings, what are the expectations for this season? Play offs or a real shot at automatics? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Bring a coat …….currently raining in York and in Hull heavy rain forecast for 3pm ? 

Humidity 84%, temp 22.0 C, rain and wind at 15KMPH. Not sure what this has too do with a football match and especially one we will win 2-1. COYRedssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

31 minutes ago, Offside said:

The new season seems to have come around very quickly this year. I’m feeling confident we can get something out of today’s  game. Safe journey to the City fans making the trip. 

It's a couple of weeks earlier than normal due to the world cup break I think.

• Like 1

Afternoon all, well it is here!   Really looking forward to the KO and I hope that we can get a good three points to start off with.  Pleased that the Robins audio commentary is back with Radio Bristol, hopefully Gary Owers will be the co-commentator.  So for the first time this season COME ON YOU RED'S!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

40 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Cheers. I must admit I’m unsure of Swindon’s incomings and outgoings, what are the expectations for this season? Play offs or a real shot at automatics? 

Cheers, in all honesty I don’t have a clue what to expect similar to last season.

we have Scott Lindsey as the new manager who was No2 to Garner so yet again unproven and as you guys know very rarely succeed. We lost 3 players to Charlton including Jojo & Jack Payne plus a few others who were out of contract. 
Incomings to date are 11 players plus a couple of loans mainly all younger inexperienced players apart from defender Angus McDonald  who they are looking to develop. 

The fanbase still seem interested selling out the 600 tickets for today’s game at Harrogate in under 24 hours to season ticket holders and wouldn’t give us anymore.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

All the best for the coming season and let’s hope we both get promoted. It’s the hope that kills us!

Thanks for your kind words. 

Sadly, the only 2 games I wanted you to win last season, won't be on your fixture list this season. 

I share your hopes that City do well, but find myself unable to reciprocate those wishes towards Swindon - Soz & all..! 

• Haha 1

I've had a look at their forum https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-bristol-city.401670/

One poster sums today up for every Fan "Not hugely fussed on the result tomorrow, if we win we aren't definitely going up and if we lose it isn't season over ....I'm just glad footballs back and we are in a better place then this time last season"

Whereas another posted "Definite must win, I expect this will turn out to have been a 6 pointer towards the tail end of the season."

Over the years I’ve managed to eradicate my many football superstitions, however, given that last night a Championship team beginning with H lost at home to a team beginning with B obviously means I’m now superstitious again! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thanks for your kind words. 

Sadly, the only 2 games I wanted you to win last season, won't be on your fixture list this season. 

I share your hopes that City do well, but find myself unable to reciprocate those wishes towards Swindon - Soz & all..! 

I understand ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Over the years I’ve managed to eradicate my many football superstitions, however, given that last night a Championship team beginning with H lost at home to a team beginning with B obviously means I’m now superstitious again! 

Correction.

Last night a team beginning with H lost to a team beginning with V ( Vincent Kompany's Burnley )

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

I would take a draw today.
We generally don’t start seasons that well and worried a 1 - 0 defeat could happen. Scrappy game with few chances. Might need a few games to gel a few new signings.

They have 9 new signings, or did you mean them?

Edited by pillred
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Taxi for Pearson!

Clapping Applause GIF

7 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Coach has broken down

Not the greatest of starts to the new season... City are arriving now in 10 taxis because the team coach has broken down! But they're all rocking up to the stadium now.

“You only came in a taxi, came in a taxi…”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, IAmNick said:

Did anyone in the first meltdown timing thread have "Vyner starting"?

Think you might have a good chance to win if so!

The meltdown will be when he makes a costly mistake.  Not good enough last season, now, mysteriously, good enough.

(C'mon Zak. If that post isn't encouragement to have a stormer, I don't know what is! ? )

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Coach has broken down

Not the greatest of starts to the new season... City are arriving now in 10 taxis because the team coach has broken down! But they're all rocking up to the stadium now.

I suppose this is one reason why Scotty takes all the kit and stuff in his van separately.

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Is Wilson not 100% fit? Slightly surprised he doesn't start, based on comments from pre-season games. 

It must be that - he missed the end of preseason - although, given that, surprised Tanner hasn’t come in. I can only assume Tanner isn’t 100% too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malago said:

Why Vyner and not Klose?  

Naismith & Atkinson both left footed

Just now, KegCity said:

Yes I can see that but so is Wilson and he’s not 100% fit. Just wondering if Tanner is the same as you’d expect him to start over Sykes at RWB.

Hull play(ed) quite defensively last season, 3 at the back too, maybe it's just a tactical choice.

5 minutes ago, eardun said:

It must be that - he missed the end of preseason - although, given that, surprised Tanner hasn’t come in. I can only assume Tanner isn’t 100% too. 

You’d assume Tanner would start if he was fit over Sykes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Not on my app - says 0 precipitation this afternoon and 25 degrees! It's drizzling and miserable now however but I believe that's the standard start to a day in Hull.

That’s what mine promised on Thursday!! But Met Office was more gloomy this morning!!

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Hull forum saying they have no LBs or LWs, maybe part of Pearsons thinking in starting a more attacking player at RWB.

Was going to ask who they had on the left. Our right looks weak, or at least it's certainly not our first choice RWB and RCB. If the answer is "no one" then that's great!

Tanner to cover RWB, Wilson to cover LWB (and RWB), if we need intensity.

Looking forward to how Nige uses his 5 subs.  He intimated they won't be premeditated like Barnsley's front-three swap on 60 minutes in their play-off season.

COYR