IGNORED

Wigan Athletic away match day thread

Jerseybean

47 minutes ago, Meh said:

Why are they always essays no sane person would read - what a load of shit.

I scroll down to condensed version and start there

41 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How do you know they are a load of shit if you don't read them? @Jerseybean clearly does a good bit of research to try and match old Hav's work and you are being very disrespectful in calling it shit without cause. 

If you don't want to read them, fine, it's not like it's a surprise what they are about.

There might be a clue in his/her forum name!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But has been injured most of pre-season hence why he’s only just got back into squad / got minutes.

Could be a nice battle for LWB as season progresses.

Pring gave us a real threat at the back post from right wing crosses on Wednesday night, and I do like the way he plays with physicality.

Yeh, suspect it's not going to be a black and white first/second choice scenario. More an option X or option Y kind of thing. With each player starting depending on what type of LWB each game needs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meh said:

What a genuinely unpleasant post!

Well done @Jerseybeanfor taking the time and trouble to do a comprehensive MDT opener. It's all part of the match day experience and is invariably well researched with the odd nugget of new info. 

My only negative comment is that I think 24 hrs prior to match day is more than enough. Perhaps ( Mods?) it could be formalised to prevent a general free for all ? If someone has the time and ability to do a good MDT 'opener' then they should get the job.

Mind you, anyone who posts loads on here and can't even be bothered to spend £5 to become an OTIB supporter speaks volumes imho. Eh @Meh?

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Meh said:

show some respect. jerseybean puts a lot of time and effort in and i for one enjoy a good read on the teams we are playing.

if you dont like it dont read it or do one yourself

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

They picked a completely different team in the cup, so either 1) nicely rested or 2) undercooked!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.559bde6185b72320d23dba9583c42ea6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d0a2f253bcd342036440ed5734da3bfe.jpeg

As it stands, they’ve made less signings than us.

Whoever plays up against James McLean is gonna be in for a right battle, very physical, bordering on dirty!

Wonder if the two loanees will start?  If not Magennis will be contesting a lot of aerial ball.  Woukd prefer Klose over Vyner in that respect, as Magennis is pretty slow too.

image.thumb.jpeg.b425a031026b690e61e5e4d88f7ff904.jpeg

Let’s hope they’re undercooked! I’m interested to look at Steve Humphreys today, after suggestions we should’ve looked at him when he was at Rochdale. 

I agree on Vyner/Klose today, and it’s time for Wilson to come into the XI as well IMO. Is that Jamie Carragher’s son in their ranks? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tin said:

Let’s hope they’re undercooked! I’m interested to look at Steve Humphreys today, after suggestions we should’ve looked at him when he was at Rochdale. 

I agree on Vyner/Klose today, and it’s time for Wilson to come into the XI as well IMO. Is that Jamie Carragher’s son in their ranks? 

Yep

59 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well done @Jerseybeanfor taking the time and trouble to do a comprehensive MDT opener. It's all part of the match day experience and is invariably well researched with the odd nugget of new info. 

My only negative comment is that I think 24 hrs prior to match day is more than enough. Perhaps ( Mods?) it could be formalised to prevent a general free for all ? If someone has the time and ability to do a good MDT 'opener' then they should get the job.

Mind you, anyone who posts loads on here and can't even be bothered to spend £5 to become an OTIB supporter speaks volumes imho. Eh @Meh?

Glad you mentioned the OTIB subscription, I’ve paid up for years and encouraged others to do so………..then looked and saw mine had expired!

I thought we used to have a reminder to renew, if I did get one I missed it somehow.

Anyway, sorted now.

• Robin 1

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Glad you mentioned the OTIB subscription, I’ve paid up for years and encouraged others to do so………..then looked and saw mine had expired!

I thought we used to have a reminder to renew, if I did get one I missed it somehow.

Anyway, sorted now.

Mine is always in my inbox, perhaps yours is going to spam, check it out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Agree, very mean spirited and unnecessary.

As to The £5 subscription, it seems to me that those who pay up are subsiding those that don't.

Should those who don't subscribe be limited in their input ? Say just 3 posts per day ?

Or are there already limitations which I've not noticed ?

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

As things stand this must be the closest the other lot have been to us in over 20 years.

Just a couple places separate us, for a couple of hours at least. 

Maybe a couple of places but an enormous gulf in ability. 

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Agree, very mean spirited and unnecessary.

As to The £5 subscription, it seems to me that those who pay up are subsiding those that don't.

Should those who don't subscribe be limited in their input ? Say just 3 posts per day ?

Or are there already limitations which I've not noticed ?

Only in what they say ?

However- really good idea . I think that the Transfer Forum is off limits to non 'supporters'.

Without getting too deep- there's a lot of unseen time and effort which goes on behind the scenes which is unpaid and unnoticed . It amazes me that there are those who post here every day - pretty much yet perhaps feel they are so self entitled that a mere £5 annual subscription is beyond them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sykes at RWB is a worry, left us completely exposed against Sunderland 

Yep. Sykes is a round peg in a square hole there. We’ve got two decent young RWBs available for selection. Wilson should’ve started IMO.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Only in what they say ?

However- really good idea . I think that the Transfer Forum is off limits to non 'supporters'.

Without getting too deep- there's a lot of unseen time and effort which goes on behind the scenes which is unpaid and unnoticed . It amazes me that there are those who post here every day - pretty much yet perhaps feel they are so self entitled that a mere £5 annual subscription is beyond them.

Pretty sure you can see it all as long as you are signed in to the site.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tin said:

Yep. Sykes is a round peg in a square hole there. We’ve got two decent young RWBs available for selection. Wilson should’ve started IMO.

I’d have gone Tanner.

Sykes (naturally) plays forward and Wilson plays front foot. With Vyner there I’d rather have the more defensive cover, and would therefore go for GT (Note this is only while Vyners there as I think you need the security).

Other than the Vyner vs Klose and RB question it’s the side I would have played last week when James got crocked, so can’t overly complain 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tin said:

Sykes was really good on opening day, not so good last week.  Competition for places is building.  I would pick Wilson today, but its also short turnaround from Wednesday, so that could have a bearing.  I'm happy with the eleven...I always am...its how they perform that matters.

CD9CB9EE-37BD-40A2-ABAB-36E1A2610D25_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.9010b638e35d904683997c24189350d6.jpeg

Pretty standard:

Amos

Darikwa Kerr Whatmough Bennett

Power Naylor

Lang                           McLean

Keane

Magennis

1 minute ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Can someone explain.  NP signs 2 RWBs yet plays Sykes arguably out of position there instead?

It's very strange, if it works then i'm happy to get pelters later on if we get a good result, but I am starting to question some of his selections.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

5 pounds isn’t nearly enough for this forum. We are really spoiled by a top quality format, free of pop ups and the work the mods do is fantastic.

It should be at least ten pounds and contributors should be  really grateful for what they have.

Thanks for the reminder. Just paid and as Major says - well worth every penny

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d have gone Tanner.

Sykes (naturally) plays forward and Wilson plays front foot. With Vyner there I’d rather have the more defensive cover, and would therefore go for GT (Note this is only while Vyners there as I think you need the security).

Other than the Vyner vs Klose and RB question it’s the side I would have played last week when James got crocked, so can’t overly complain 

Yeah, I can understand the logic for that and wouldn’t have been disappointed if it happened, assuming Tanner is match fit. That odious shit McClean could have a field day down our right today. 

Edited by tin

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sykes was really good on opening day, not so good last week.  Competition for places is building.  I would pick Wilson today, but its also short turnaround from Wednesday, so that could have a bearing.  I'm happy with the eleven...I always am...its how they perform that matters.

CD9CB9EE-37BD-40A2-ABAB-36E1A2610D25_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.9010b638e35d904683997c24189350d6.jpeg

Pretty standard:

Amos

Darikwa Kerr Whatmough Bennett

Power Naylor

Lang                           McLean

Keane

Magennis

If McLean is on the left, we are in for a long afternoon imo.

Edited by bcfc01