IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers away Carabao Cup match day thread

Jerseybean

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Ok, we’re finally, after 3 semis, going all the way this season 

3 wins on the trot and 3 semis - you need to control your excitement better ralph! :D

How will you  manage if we go all the way?

• Haha 4

Crikey, the third round won't be played until Tuesday 8th, or Wednesday 9th November!

Sandwiched between a trip to Boro on Saturday 5th November and a home game against Watford on the 12th.

Then the League breaks up for the World Cup and resumes on Saturday 10th December at Rotherham. 

Edited by Curr Avon

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

An awful lot of all Prem games. 

Could be a fantastic opportunity to progress through to the later rounds of the competition this year. 

I can picture it now... "Still life in this perhaps for Bristol City, In by Conway, it's Scottttttt".

In the final, at Wembley to win the trophy and obtain European football at last?! 

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Why is it never Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs

Haven't played those for years and years, the Arse since 1980

It's a great draw.  A game we should win.  7 all premier games so at least 4 sides in the last 16 not EPL, probably 5 or 6.  Nicely set up for us if you ask me.  Win and we'll be playing someone just after the WC , so if it's EPL, they will be a bit rusty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

FFS, do we EVER get a decent draw?

In the early stages, probably we will never do it.

Derby gets Liverpool, Newport gets Leicester, Blackburn gets EL finalist West Ham and Bristol City geeets...Lincoln City!  ?

At least it's at home...

Edited by Dan Robin

4 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Man u home !!!!!!!

Hahah I'm going to bed, coyr

You did that on a match thread the other day, saying the opposition had equalised when they hadn’t.

You’re either pretty unfunny or ******* odd, aren’t you?

• Like 6

Guest Southbristolred1

Decent draw- but let’s not get carried away like the 17/18 season. That cup run took a lot out of us especially in the 2nd half of the season. 

1 minute ago, Dan Robin said:

In the early stages, probably we will never do it.

Derby gets Liverpool, Newport gets Leicester, Blackburn gets EL finalist West Ham and Bristol City geeets...Lincoln City!  ?

At least it's at home...

I don’t understand people.  I want to see us progress as far as possible in this competition.  Give me a lower division club at home any day of the week.  Cracking draw!

• Like 11
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

City should price it low and pack the stadium .. £10 everywhere and a few quid for kids ..  it’s a bonus game . But get as many fans in as possible 

Fiver a kid and twenty an adult is probably more realistic.

But I agree, they should try and make it affordable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

An awful lot of all Prem games. 

Could be a fantastic opportunity to progress through to the later rounds of the competition this year. 

I can picture it now... "Still life in this perhaps for Bristol City, In by Conway, it's Scottttttt".

Just for balance, an awful lot of Premiership sides left in it, no massive shocks so far. As many as 12 I think of the last 16 could be premiership. Not a single one of the buggers drawn away either (other than the all premiership ties).

Just win the next, get to the last 16 and see where it takes us.

20 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Christ no. Unfortunately I've supported city so long 2nd round efl cup is not hurtful in any way. Plus, if this got you, your not at the game so I don't care. It's just a funny lads, wouldn't do it at the Cardiff game but Wycombe ????

Go to bed you’ve got school 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Three wins on the bounce and another three points at Blackpool and we’ll be getting carried away! 

It’s great to have the feel good factor back at the club.

Steady now Robbored....let's  NOT get carried away? 

Edited by maxjak

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

It was the high tempo press that did us. Only the very best teams in the world can keep that up for a whole season 

Still think that for some players , it was ‘job done’

Name in the headlines , interest from Prem Clubs activated

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Did anyone just hear Aaron Paul on five live? Thinks Nige is on the verge of doing what Nige has done when he’s stressed in the past. Basically Nige laughed when depth of squad was mentioned - that was it (was the same interview on Radio Bristol)

So Jesse pinkman has an opinion on Nigel Pearson? 

Overaction I thought. Just sounded like a manager who wants to be given the opportunity to get couple more players in.

Did well tonight against a very direct and physical side. First half was an awful game to be honest but we played some decent stuff second half and reacted well to their goal. 

33 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don’t understand people.  I want to see us progress as far as possible in this competition.  Give me a lower division club at home any day of the week.  Cracking draw!

It's simple: 

1) league is more important;

2) the chance of reaching the final remain slim in any case, so it would be more interesting to challenge some big PL teams until you're still in the cup than playing more rounds but against Championship/lower leagues teams. Getting this chance only once/every few years, just to live new dreamy nights like those of the 2017/18 season.

It's a little annoying to see other EFL teams playing against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and co.  in early stages, while we had to do extraordinary things to "gain the right" of playing against the Manchester clubs, a season that was obviously difficult to repeat. 

If we had been more lucky in our best seasons - the playoff one & the cup run one - and reach the PL,  glamour cup matches would be less captivating...

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1