IGNORED

Are we the biggest underachievers in British football?

ChippenhamRed

32 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

There was a whole series about this. Us and PNE were neck and neck for being the biggest under achievers of the Prem era. 

PNE were considered the ‘winner’ because they have previous league and cup wins in their history. 

My personal opinion is that our success in the 70s was at a time we weren’t considered nice as a club and a city. In fact the intimidation level here was pretty high from the moment you parked your car. These days we have the effing singing section and minimal vocal support behind the goal, but give that to our opponents! 

The utterly **** decisions in this area just make me angry and just continues the idea we are soft. Which is true. 

I’m only in my 20s but every time I hear someone say singing section I can’t help but cringe .

• Flames 1

18 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry but I disagree. Over the course of their history they have won four league titles, six FA Cups and a European title (Fairs Cup). Even in their more recent history they’ve spent the majority of their time in the Premier League, qualified to play in Europe and reached FA Cup finals.

That’s a hell of a lot more than us.

Oh please!  We once won the Welsh Cup.  Newcastle never got near that trophy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I’m only in my 20s but every time I hear someone say singing section I can’t help but cringe .

Exactly. I’m in my 60s as I’m sure you worked out. Nice ground, nice city, nice club, it even has a singing section. Luckily this is the manking section that very occasionally is not talking complete bollox. 

• Like 1