IGNORED

No kit in the club shop

forbespm

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

The games do come pretty quick at the moment, with our next game Friday and then on Tuesday. 

If you buy two, you can wear one, wash one, and not have to worry about keeping it clean for the next game......

No , you miss the point , there is only one shirt Size XXS )in the one design ?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Taz said:

I've just gone on, shame there's no extra shirts on there, even the training kit is limited.

They're going to lose a lot of money over the next month or so.

When does the Hummel deal run until? This is surely a manufacturer issue, as nobody in their right mind is thick enough to think that nobody wants to buy shirts half way through a season from the clubs perspective.....

That would make sense if this was a one off but this has been repeating itself for many years now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

That would make sense if this was a one off but this has been repeating itself for many years now 

Never been this bad though. I usually get a shirt as a birthday present, and then, will sometimes get the other when they are cheaper around Feb/March time. This year I don't have one, and very much doubt that there will be any left in any sizes this side of Christmas, let alone Feb!

I would say it would make a good argument for taking the shirt manufacturing back in house, but that wasn't much better!

7 hours ago, Taz said:

When does the Hummel deal run until? This is surely a manufacturer issue, as nobody in their right mind is thick enough to think that nobody wants to buy shirts half way through a season from the clubs perspective.....

It's almost like the staff who knew what they were doing were considered an unecessary overhead by certain former financial staffers....

*turns glare to Ipswich*

• Admin
14 hours ago, Taz said:

Never been this bad though. I usually get a shirt as a birthday present, and then, will sometimes get the other when they are cheaper around Feb/March time. This year I don't have one, and very much doubt that there will be any left in any sizes this side of Christmas, let alone Feb!

I would say it would make a good argument for taking the shirt manufacturing back in house, but that wasn't much better!

Personally disagree with this, stock is always limited to certain sizes around Christmas, without wanting to keep on I bet if we did a trawl back through OTIB we would find regular arguments on the same topic

I can remember a thread about the kit being in house and not being able to supply to demand

I visited the store last week seeking a 14/15 year old away strip as a Christmas present - like everyone else was told no chance no stock and none till next year. Went online and the strip was available on line so purchased it not in any real hope of getting it but i picked it up today. Maybe i was lucky but i would suggest you try on line. The whole thing smacks of incompetence though.

The clubs been reluctant to sell off large amounts of kit at the end of the season for a long time now. I remember the days when you could pick up a shirt in April for £15. There’s obviously a balance to be found in order to not have loads left over to sell, but ordering enough to get to at least February. If there’s no Christmas stock then that’s a big fail on the clubs part

• Like 1

On 22/11/2022 at 15:44, Taz said:

I've just gone on, shame there's no extra shirts on there, even the training kit is limited.

They're going to lose a lot of money over the next month or so.

I was told by the young lady in the shop, NO more stock expected before Christmas, then she stated that the shop is not owned Bristol Sport,Its a private company,

32 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Elite Sports Group, the UK distributor for Hummel has gone into administration. I guess any issues regarding stock in the clubs shop was beyond the clubs control after all?  

Just saw that on Twitter, anyone know how our supplies/distribution is set up ? 
I see Everton are unaffected due to their set up.

1123681272_Screenshot2022-11-24at07_54_59.png.1929b11946fd7bd99392221f78f15a9a.png

EDIT

To partly answer my own question;

From the OS:
Mark Underwood, Managing Director of Elite Group UK, hummel’s exclusive brand partner, said: “Following an incredible three-year partnership, we are delighted to extend our agreement with Bristol City. The football club is one of the most forward-thinking clubs in the country, we love and value the partnership highly, and are looking forward to the next six years working together.”

While other clubs :
"Southampton and Coventry City, who have hummel kit partnerships, were forced to temporarily close both their online and physical retail outlets citing 'significant operating issues' facing Elite Sports Group,"

Elite are trying to claim £10m from Rangers in Court, but I don't think the two things are linked. They were fined £500k along with Rangers and Sports Direct a while back for price fixing. I can't find to many details other than this above.
Though Oldham have taken steps away from Elite;

"Elite are also the company who have been responsible for managing our retail store since 2018.As a result of issues the club has had with Elite over a number of months, which appear to be similar to those issues Southampton have referred to, the arrangement for Elite to manage our retail store was terminated by the club on Tuesday 22 November 2022."

This could be why there have been problems with our shirts, time may tell.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Elite Sports Group, the UK distributor for Hummel has gone into administration. I guess any issues regarding stock in the clubs shop was beyond the clubs control after all?  

That’s bad, lots of clubs affected it seems. 

Aside from exemplary retail management, one of the Club’s strengths is the transparency and ease of flow of communication with their customers. 

Unless I’ve missed something we’re, strangely, very silent on this matter.

If only we had a SLO who could tell us what is going on. 

Why do we need a U.K. distributor? Everything we ship is sent out via the store. 

We just do a deal with Hummel, say we want X amount of kit. They produce it, ship it to us and we process it locally. 

Cut that needless link out of the supply chain and save money. Simple. 

I was in the UK in early September-visiting from the US-stopped by the "Super Store" with the intention of buying all three shirts for this season. The store only had one shirt in my size and was told that the existing stock was all they would have for the rest of the season. How can the club run out of shirts so early? This is not only bad PR, but it 's costing the club a lot of monry.

3 hours ago, 42104RED said:

I was in the UK in early September-visiting from the US-stopped by the "Super Store" with the intention of buying all three shirts for this season. The store only had one shirt in my size and was told that the existing stock was all they would have for the rest of the season. How can the club run out of shirts so early? This is not only bad PR, but it 's costing the club a lot of monry.

It's a strange one.
Clubs notified Thursday, Southampton ended their Partnership Monday. Oldham took control of their shop the other day.
Elite Sports were fined £5ook in a case against them, Rangers and JD Sports and went in to Admin the day after their Court case against Rangers was announced.
 I'm have no idea how it works, or how will Admin pay for a Court case that could be worth around £10m . 

I guess that now Elite has broken their Contracts, so it allows clubs to make new deals elsewhere . 

None of this explains why City couldn't have mentioned problems with supply. At least then any anger would be aimed at Elite and not the Club, not really the time to be keeping things close to the chest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

The thing is people are pointing the finger at Hummel, but are peoples memories that short that we have had this problem every season for years now and before Hummel etc

Hummel chose to partner with Elite, so they should take part of the blame.

Am I missing something? Have just seen this on Bristol live & a statement from the club! Because I’m fairly confident that the retail offering up to Christmas has been affected. I’ve had an email saying my order which was made & paid for last week (Christmas present ) is out of stock! COYR 

Home shirts remain in limited stock and there are no available sizes above a large online. There are only small and medium sizes in the adult goalkeeper jersey but the club say they have received stock for the 2022/23 season. 

In a statement, the club told Bristol Live: "We can confirm that Elite Sports Group, Bristol City’s kit supplier and UK distributor for hummel has gone into administration.

We’ve received our stock for the 22/23 season and can reassure fans that our retail offering in the run-up to Christmas will not be affected. We are working with hummel Denmark to understand the process going forwards."

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hummel chose to partner with Elite, so they should take part of the blame.

I'm sure when they partnered they had been reassured and done whatever steps were deemed necessary to work with them. 

Could be Elite have distribution contracts with dozens of other companies and one of them let them down.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm sure when they partnered they had been reassured and done whatever steps were deemed necessary to work with them. 

Could be Elite have distribution contracts with dozens of other companies and one of them let them down.

Elite have been involved in a lot of litigation, and were being sued for withholding monies owed (by Rangers) as long ago as 2020. It seems to be a company that has grown out of a sports shop in Hatfield. TBH Hummel should've had a clause allowing it to ditch what looks like a highly dodgy partnership proposition. The company does have its own direct merchandising department.

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I certainly hope that a solution can be found with a new distributor as I like Hummel, a company that works with a team to produce unique kits and not just trade blank template with a sponsor and badge stuck on like Adidas. 

City signed a 6 year deal with Hummel.

"We’ve received our stock for the 22/23 season and can reassure fans that our retail offering in the run-up to Christmas will not be affected"

And quite right they are too....before this happened we were in a position where the retail offering was sparse.  And this announcement has done nothing to suggest that this is going to change, and so their retail offering in the run up to Christmas will indeed not be affected.

5 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Not that this helps with kit stock, but there are Christmas jumpers available in the store (but not yet online)

DSC_0387~2.JPG

Christ that’s imaginative isn’t it. 

‘We want a club Christmas jumper for the shop’

‘Ok we have this red template, how do you want relate it back to the club’

’Just write Bristol City in the middle’

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Christ that’s imaginative isn’t it. 

‘We want a club Christmas jumper for the shop’

‘Ok we have this red template, how do you want relate it back to the club’

’Just write Bristol City in the middle’

Spot on - it’s not as if our club emblem couldn’t be made into some sort of festive Robin or something!? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

"We’ve received our stock for the 22/23 season and can reassure fans that our retail offering in the run-up to Christmas will not be affected"

And quite right they are too....before this happened we were in a position where the retail offering was sparse.  And this announcement has done nothing to suggest that this is going to change, and so their retail offering in the run up to Christmas will indeed not be affected.

How's the Black Friday sale going?

On 27/11/2022 at 14:20, shahanshahan said:

Forgot to post this at the same, but Bristol Bears also had a Christmas jumper on sale. Similar design concept, I guess...

FB_IMG_1669558779943.jpg

I suppose using polar bears instead of reindeer wouldn't have been a better idea?

• Like 2

On 17/11/2022 at 12:04, Winterstoke toad said:

Club shops always a shambles 

To be fair the place is so small I’m surprised it can stock more than on item at a time .

It is a shambles buy a season ticket or membership get a fiver off of nothing its been a joke for years still got no money club cant buy no kit ?

• Like 1

This just popped up on Twitter, and I've complained to anyone I could think of over the last few years that we don't do them.  
IMO it is the height of laziness and bad planning we don't do more for Christmas, specially as the Robin is the most obvious link between Club & Christmas.

536675371_Screenshot2022-12-03at14_43_27.png.aba7b0c9b735ad8083631417931a6aeb.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This just popped up on Twitter, and I've complained to anyone I could think of over the last few years that we don't do them.  
IMO it is the height of laziness and bad planning we don't do more for Christmas, specially as the Robin is the most obvious link between Club & Christmas.

536675371_Screenshot2022-12-03at14_43_27.png.aba7b0c9b735ad8083631417931a6aeb.png

I assume you are being ironic. They are truly horrible.

13 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I assume you are being ironic. They are truly horrible.

It's not what they look like , it's the fact we haven't stocked baubles at all. Sub the Cork logo for the City Crest and Red bauble, at a decent price , say £3 , you would have people picking them up all year round. 

• Like 3

My Mrs has been trying to get family presents online for the whole extended family for City and Bears and she’s finding that there is barely anything in stock. I seem to recall her complaining about this in Christmases past and at various birthdays throughout the year. 
When I ordered a home kit (shirt) for a mates 50th birthday a few years back they sent 2 in the same package ! No wonder they have stock problems ! 

On 02/12/2022 at 16:01, Lanterne Rouge said:

He could be on holiday since we aren`t playing at the moment.

I think he just doesn't use the forum as a platform to communicate through, not sure why as a section was set up several years ago for him to do so. 

I have been told that he is far more active on twitter and maybe he is finding that he is just duplicating stuff so doesn't tend to use the forum as Twitter would probably have a wider reach. Dunno.

As for emails, I'm guessing he gets swamped at times and so misses things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I just assume there are global supply issues that are out the club's control? This has been the case all year for many outlets, even big companies.

As we've determined earlier, Hummel get a third-party merchandiser to supply items at various of its clubs - it does the big ones in-house. This third-party supplier, which seems as flaky as f-, has gone into administration, leaving our club shop and various others up the creek.

As Hummel still make the items, it's a matter of them getting their Danish arses in gear and finding a different way to get the products from China to BS3. 

I'd say Bristol Sport has a reasonable case for compo, but that doesn't help punters wanting to buy stuff this Christmas. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As we've determined earlier, Hummel get a third-party merchandiser to supply items at various of its clubs - it does the big ones in-house. This third-party supplier, which seems as flaky as f-, has gone into administration, leaving our club shop and various others up the creek.

As Hummel still make the items, it's a matter of them getting their Danish arses in gear and finding a different way to get the products from China to BS3. 

I'd say Bristol Sport has a reasonable case for compo, but that doesn't help punters wanting to buy stuff this Christmas. 

I was talking generally about supply issues, but yes I'm sure the club does have a case for compo.

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was talking generally about supply issues, but yes I'm sure the club does have a case for compo.

I don't see any shortage of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U kits when I walk past *spits* JD Sports.  I think it's quite specific to Hummel kits being supplied via so-called Elite Sports. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't see any shortage of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U kits when I walk past *spits* JD Sports.  I think it's quite specific to Hummel kits being supplied via so-called Elite Sports. 

I wasn't talking about sports kits. Sorry I wasn't more specific. People were asking why there were no hats, baubles etc. Marks and Spencer and co have had issues with supplies this year. Sorry I wasn't clear. 

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I wasn't talking about sports kits. Sorry I wasn't more specific. People were asking why there were no hats, baubles etc. Marks and Spencer and co have had issues with supplies this year. Sorry I wasn't clear. 

Feel like you're being generous there. City's stock issues have been happening for years.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Selred said:

Feel like you're being generous there. City's stock issues have been happening for years.

No, I’m just saying there are global supply issues. 
City is skint and doesn’t have much buying power, they have to weigh up the cost of spending too much on merchandise that people might not buy, plus having to deal with shortage of supplies 

Edited by exAtyeoMax

• Admin
1 hour ago, Selred said:

I'm with you on this, people seem to forget that these issues were happening consistently for many years even when we brought production "in house"

• Like 1