IGNORED

Ben Acey short term loan

Jerseybean

3 hours ago, phantom said:

That makes a lot of sense, I am sure he was feeling a lot of pressure to be "the next Scott", but it sounds like he has changed his mental approach to focus on his own game. 

The last match I saw him play in he looked a lot more settled and effective.

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Anyone watched much of the younger age groups? That Ap Sion who also come over from Guernsey was said to have looked good around the start of the season but haven’t seen him mentioned much since. 

I haven't seen him but as with Acey, I think these guys can make an early impact when they are fresh, but professional day to day training can take it's toll initially. It might even be more so for Ap Sion because he was a sprinter more than a footballer 

They will have him in a program to bring his stamina levels in line with the others and then we will see how he gets on next year. He is the youngest of the three after all.

#Do we think we need to have this thread title changed?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I haven't seen him but as with Acey, I think these guys can make an early impact when they are fresh, but professional day to day training can take it's toll initially. It might even be more so for Ap Sion because he was a sprinter more than a footballer 

They will have him in a program to bring his stamina levels in line with the others and then we will see how he gets on next year. He is the youngest of the three after all.

#Do we think we need to have this thread title changed?

Thanks for that, did hear he was rapid but being a sprinter that’s a different type of being fit to being a footballer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Anyone watched much of the younger age groups? That Ap Sion who also come over from Guernsey was said to have looked good around the start of the season but haven’t seen him mentioned much since. 

Did he ACL quite early on.