IGNORED

STEVE COTTERILL?

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't think it was good fault that he never signed him, Burnley got him for £6m, we offered £9m. Ultimately it came down to Grey had played for the Burnley manager previously and wanted to play for him again. I mean even without hindsight we were not his best option and Burnley did better than we did. 

Sometimes it's not about being the better manager or better club, it's other factors that the player focuses on. They had the bargaining tool of a manager he liked and wanted to play for, the rest is history. 

Don’t get me wrong, once Pelling has interrupted the deal, it allowed Brentford to seek other buyers.  We were never gonna get him over Burnley, once they’d shown interest….even if we’d offered £9m! ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

My real concern at the minute is his thought process on playing players out of possession. Lots being made of Andy King at centre back but playing Weimann where he is is absolutely criminal - he needs to be playing a more forward role like last year 

Two huge games coming up - I’m dreading it 

Yes weinmann 22 goals and hd olays him right back :laugh:

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No, he didn’t but this is a pretty selective way to look at it.

He consistently chose Joe Bryan over Cunningham, Wes Burns was a regular in his squad for a fair while, Reid once we went up.

When Cotterill took over we were bottom four in L1, not exactly the best time to blood kids.

The next season was our sole title winning one in 60 years, the team virtually picked itself & we steamrollered everyone.

The following season we brought in Kodjia & no one else, struggled big time with the step up & I suppose he could have put someone apart from Burns or Reid in the squad but it would have been token stuff.

As has been posted above Cotterill wanted to move at a pace much faster than SL did, the latter (who didn’t want him in the first place) lost patience with poor results & brought in his prodigal son, who didn’t pick any kids that season either, by the way..

Best football we ever watched since Dicks and cooper with cotts .