IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

cheddarwedlocker

The move is clearly beneficial to the atmosphere but if it's going to be done (and I really think we should go for it) it has to be done properly and not at the expense of one another. The atmosphere was significantly better on Saturday and the performance suggests the players liked it.

I know it's well trodden ground but giving away fans an entire stand and tucking our most vocal supporters in a corner is the complete wrong way around. A set up that will benefit the atmosphere could genuinely equate to many more points in a season. All the talk of fine margins in modern football, this is a really obvious and highly beneficial move that should have bee acted on yonks ago.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh yeah? When was that then? 70s? 80s? 90s? Fan behaviour was exemplarily back then, of course...

brent-david.gif

It’s laughable isn’t it mate. Football grounds are unrecognisable from the 70s 80s and the majority of the 90s yet it seems to be mainly blokes from that generation who are taking this moral high ground on the youth of today.

Were there any arrests on Saturday from A block?…From what i can gather it was a decent attempt albeit slightly poorly organised which in fairness was to be expected as it was mainly younger fans behind it. It seems as if they need a few older heads around them to guide them in the right direction IMO.

Like i said if season ticket holders are getting turfed out of seats then that is bang out of order and of course if this A block movement wants to get any serious traction then they will have to liaise with the club, that is a given.

All that is needed is a bit of give and take by both sides and not this constant ‘back in my day it wouldn’t have happened’ bollox that is being spouted on here left right and centre. 

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The club are I would suggest treading a fine line so best so sit on the fence a bit, head below the parapet etc.

While there was quite a bit of positivity about it, there have also been complaints on social media in particular pertaining to the issue of seats and or overcrowding. The club have to be seen to be acting responsibly etc.

While it looked good fun in there, the club need to present as responsible and risk free an image as possible and longer term need to find a solution to satisfy all- and that second bit it won't be easy!

It was quite good fun once things calmed down, but my wife probably won't go on Saturday because quite frankly she was scared and got knocked around a bit. Nothing malicious, just an inevitability of the crush going on. We probably would have left before kick off, but there was no way out and it was safer to stay put.

I saw many parents with little kids leaving as they saw the situation develop, quite understandably, and I doubt they'll risk it this weekend either. We can't allow genuine supporters who through no fault of their own, are being forced to make a decision whether to attend or not purely due to the fact they need to protect their family. That's unacceptable.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

It’s laughable isn’t it mate. Football grounds are unrecognisable from the 70s 80s and the majority of the 90s yet it seems to be mainly blokes from that generation who are taking this moral high ground on the youth of today.

Were there any arrests on Saturday from A block?…From what i can gather it was a decent attempt albeit slightly poorly organised which in fairness was to be expected as it was mainly younger fans behind it. It seems as if they need a few older heads around them to guide them in the right direction IMO.

Like i said if season ticket holders are getting turfed out of seats then that is bang out of order and of course if this A block movement wants to get any serious traction then they will have to liaise with the club, that is a given.

All that is needed is a bit of give and take by both sides and not this constant ‘back in my day it wouldn’t have happened’ bollox that is being spouted on here left right and centre. 

Can we stop with the sensible and balanced replies, please.

I want OUTRAGE and a complete lack of sensible discussion, until everyone is as frustrated, annoyed, inconvenienced and upset, this issue just isn't remotely covered. 

(As as aside, my obsersation of the game from the Lansdown on Saturday suggested the following. S82 was less populated than usual in the first half with Block A of the Dolman clearly more packed than usual, in the second half, S82 appeared to be as busy as usual, with Block A even more packed) - which suggests that between the two areas, there are enough fans who want to stand and sing, and those who want to goad visiting supporters so that as something which might add to the atmosphere, this could have legs. The only thing that might scupper this, would be if those who have intentions to move to Block A don't work with the club who in turn could work with existing A Block season ticket holders to find a solution that works for everyone). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I welcome anything that creates more home fan noise at AG.  Some excited lads were singing in the concourse before the game and stood more or less throughout near the front of what was Dolman C. But they aided the atmos, and Pearson praised fans in general for creating some noise throughout the game.  It must be very dispiriting to play in silence with only the inevitable "is this a library?" breaking the 5-decibel barrier. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I welcome anything that creates more home fan noise at AG.  Some excited lads were singing in the concourse before the game and stood more or less throughout near the front of what was Dolman C. But they aided the atmos, and Pearson praised fans in general for creating some noise throughout the game.  It must be very dispiriting to play in silence with only the inevitable "is this a library?" breaking the 5-decibel barrier. 

Think atmosphere can rise and fall usually but subject to what happens on the pitch- Watford before the international break.

However Saturday felt different as it was noisy from the off- Block C being upper E32?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Let's be honest here. 

The reason people have moved to A block in the Dolman, is not to create an atmosphere in general.

They've moved there to be as near to the away fans as possible and to give it the big one, trade insults and do a lot of posturing. It's lads, lads, lads, get the stone Island badge in, Inbetweeners on steroids and coke. 

It's got nothing to do with supporting the team and getting behind the lads.

This is a large part of what I saw.  Being near the away fans, singing the tractor song and trying to look hard to your mates shouting w——r.  I can’t see the rush to the bottom corner or the “limbs” thing going down too well to the club.

I’ve never really thought the original eastend was sorted out properly and found a home.  Idk how it resolves itself now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, youwhat said:

I’ve never really thought the original eastend was sorted out properly and found a home.  Idk how it resolves itself now.

This tbh. It seems quite hard to reconcile, those who were in the East End in more modern times until 2014 were shunted around- once a lot of the redevelopment done it was Atyeo at the Lansdown end, Atyeo at the Dolman end then the Dolman/South Corner.

It will be difficult to find a solution thst everyone is happy with, I'm sure of that.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

32 minutes ago, youwhat said:

This is a large part of what I saw.  Being near the away fans, singing the tractor song and trying to look hard to your mates shouting w——r.  I can’t see the rush to the bottom corner or the “limbs” thing going down too well to the club.

I find it hard to comprehend that others thought this was to create an atmosphere of support from the beginning. 

It was obvious what the intentions were. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

I find it hard to comprehend that others thought this was to create an atmosphere of support from the beginning. 

I don’t think that’s a massive revelation really.  A bit of too and fro between home and away fans is needed for atmosphere.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Let's be honest here. 

The reason people have moved to A block in the Dolman, is not to create an atmosphere in general.

They've moved there to be as near to the away fans as possible and to give it the big one, trade insults and do a lot of posturing. It's lads, lads, lads, get the stone Island badge in, Inbetweeners on steroids and coke. 

It's got nothing to do with supporting the team and getting behind the lads.

Based on experiences up to Boxing Day our fans are incapable of simply supporting the team vocally. 

Not condoning or wanting violence but Saturday was so much better with an 'edge' to the atmosphere rather than the whole stadium sitting in silence

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

It can be both. The intention is to create an atmosphere, and that is easier to do if you are closer to opposition fans.

We visit Reading, Coventry, WBA, Cardiff etc with home singing sections right by us - why should Ashton Gate be any different?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Based on experiences up to Boxing Day our fans are incapable of simply supporting the team vocally. 

Not condoning or wanting violence but Saturday was so much better with an 'edge' to the atmosphere rather than the whole stadium sitting in silence

Watford at home was decent no?

Having said that, was more exception than rule prior to Saturday.

The issue with S82 is the sound doesn't travel well. The stadium has not been designed to be a nosey atmospheric ground, which is a shame.

I do think having 2x singing sections, A Block and S82 is a good idea, spreads the noise and means more people in Dolman will also join in.

There's now the new family section of the Lansdown, as well as plenty of other blocks for people who despise singing to sit in.

A welcome addition, but needs to be done right. I hope the new CEO can play a major role in this.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It can be both. The intention is to create an atmosphere, and that is easier to do if you are closer to opposition fans.

We visit Reading, Coventry, WBA, Cardiff etc with home singing sections right by us - why should Ashton Gate be any different?

Couple of points.

1) Will the SAG, SGSA/Avon and Somerset go for it?

2) Even if they do approve and this is a matter of debate, what timeframe would this be looking at?

3) Season ticket holders unable to locate their seats will simply make this less likely.

Your solution seems like a relatively simple one, making it happen seems altogether more complex.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Couple of points.

1) Will the SAG, SGSA/Avon and Somerset go for it?

2) Even if they do approve and this is a matter of debate, what timeframe would this be looking at?

3) Season ticket holders unable to locate their seats will simply make tbis less likely.

Mr P - I genuinely admire the determination to shoehorn SAG into every post ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think that’s a massive revelation really.  A bit of too and fro between home and away fans is needed for atmosphere.

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm not implying it won't create an ' atmosphere '... however...the main thrust is to be nearer the away fans, which is to create banter between the two. 

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Mr P - I genuinely admire the determination to shoehorn SAG into every post ?

Were I on commissiom it'd be a nice little side job PF! :laugh:

Just seems like the solutions being proposed may not be so feasible or easy in reality even if I do like the idea.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

The issue with S82 is the sound doesn't travel well. The stadium has not been designed to be a nosey atmospheric ground, which is a shame.

I do think having 2x singing sections, A Block and S82 is a good idea, spreads the noise and means more people in Dolman will also join in.

There's now the new family section of the Lansdown, as well as plenty of other blocks for people who despise singing to sit in.

A welcome addition, but needs to be done right. I hope the new CEO can play a major role in this.

I’m glad somebody has raised this point. We have a 27,000 seater stadium that at present we very rarely sell out.

Let’s be honest there are literally thousands of empty seats all over the stadium that can cater for familys or people who want to enjoy watching football sat in silence.

People pay their money and are entitled to watch the game in which ever way they want however let’s not pretend that we don’t have a stadium that is more than big enough to offer EVERYONE the choice. It just needs some organisation and dialogue between the club and fans. It should be in theory fairly straightforward IMO.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm not saying it is...just pointing out the obvious. 

It will lead to more than just banter though. Imo.

Well I dont agree because other clubs seem to handle it alright, our fans are no different to typical clubs.

Look at other grounds and the levels or otherwise of segregation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Given we are talking about opposition supporters literally being in different stands, I struggle to see how they could object. Rival fans are often separated by a line of stewards up and down the country.

I am inclined to agree but ours feel highly, excessively risk averse.

Although maybe it is the club conveniently using them if they ever have, as they're not interested anyway- I'm open minded about who is the main party pushing the excessive measures here.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well I dont agree because other clubs seem to handle it alright, our fans are no different to typical clubs.

That's fine...we can agree to disagree.

Were talking about BCFC remember.☺️

The Club, Police will step in someway or another. They'll inforce sitting down and make it impossible for those intent on standing and creating ' hostility' between fans. 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

The Club, Police will step in someway or another. They'll inforce sitting down and make it impossible for those intent on standing and creating ' hostility' between fans. 

Yeah, agree to disagree on this bit.

Inclined to agree on thst last bit as to how it might play out- and that will create aggravation, but I believe that some of that aggravation should it arise will be at least in part down to the club/police and their methods of enforcement.

I am struggling to see a solution that everyone will be happy with.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

What exactly can they do? Contrary to reports the club anticipated this happening on Saturday, there was two police and a steward on the concourse entry to the section and four stewards checking tickets above the stairs. You simply can’t control a crowd that large on mass without excessive force and they are hardly going to bring in the riot gear are they?

Shut A Block down all together? Perhaps, but I doubt the long term season ticket holders will be particularly happy with that either. 

11 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Club are planning to come down on this later today with a statement. Expected, but hopefully not too dismissive or divisive. 

Quite frankly if it's anything other than  offering E34 ST holders a free seat move elsewhere then the club can F right off

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

What exactly can they do? Contrary to reports the club anticipated this happening on Saturday, there was two police and a steward on the concourse entry to the section and four stewards checking tickets above the stairs. You simply can’t control a crowd that large on mass without excessive force and they are hardly going to bring in the riot gear are they?

Shut A Block down all together? Perhaps, but I doubt the long term season ticket holders will be particularly happy with that either. 

We'll soon find out I'm sure. The club don't want anything of hostility. They don't want a hostile atmosphere. They prefer it as it is. They are obviously happy with the ' singing section and it being far away from the opposition fans. 

They want to promote a family club. 

With a ' family atmosphere '.

That's how I see it. 

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

That's a long line of stewards

Yeah one per row, plus the usual on the vomitories and some down the front I imagine but it can be done.

Indeed at Ashton Gate with the reopening of the East End to home fans we had away fans in the same stand, separated by stewards. Likewise the Atyeo during hear 1 or 2 of the rebuild, feasible surely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

We'll soon find out I'm sure. The club don't want anything of hostility. They don't want a hostile atmosphere. They prefer it as it is. They are obviously happy with the ' singing section and it being far away from the opposition fans. 

They want to promote a family club. 

With a ' family atmosphere '.

That's how I see it. 

What they want and what they may get are two different things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

What they want and what they may get are two different things. 

This has all happened before albeit in different ways. Mid 2000's Dolman Block G springs to mind- a difference there is that season tickets or brought in that Block as it wasn't joined up as it is now- whereas moving between is easier because 3 Stands adjoined.

Dare say you know this but not everyone reading might. Dunno how they dealt with it then.

I still think the Atyeo should be divided half away and half home, get rid of those stupid black sheets that go from halfway up the Atyeo to the goal as well, looks tinpot. We must be one of the only clubs in the Country who are really concerned about two sets of fans being in close proximity.

Spurs vs Arsenal yesterday was divided by stewards.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

The fans won't win. Lost cause

We shall see. The general theme of your posts on this thread have been fairly negative towards the idea anyway so its of no surprise that you are just assuming the club will want to squash this idea.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I still think the Atyeo should be divided half away and half home, get rid of those stupid black sheets that go from halfway up the Atyeo to the goal as well, looks tinpot. We must be one of the only clubs in the Country who are really concerned about two sets of fans being in close proximity.

Spurs vs Arsenal yesterday was divided by stewards.

But also enforced seating, you sit in your ticketed seat. Would we go for being in the same stand but having to sit in a designated seat?

35 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

We shall see. The general theme of your posts on this thread have been fairly negative towards the idea anyway so its of no surprise that you are just assuming the club will want to squash this idea.

I'm not negative...I'm just being realistic. I see how the club operate.

The only thing I want, is fellow fans to respect one another and don't take liberties.

I'm all for banter between opposing fans.

I'm just aware that it often escalates. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pezo said:

But also enforced seating, you sit in your ticketed seat. Would we go for being in the same stand but having to sit in a designated seat?

Well at Reading they have some of their livelier fans standing of course, in the same stand as away end.

Were they sat persistently though- surely Tottenham's ground has an area where fans persistently stand (permitted or not).

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Is it not your cause also? Surely we all want a better atmosphere at AG

Yes but the attitude towards other supporters does not help. These supporters have paid their hard earned money also and deserve some respect. I sincerely hope he is not part of the negotiating team.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Yes but the attitude towards other supporters does not help. These supporters have paid their hard earned money also and deserve some respect. I sincerely hope he is not part of the negotiating team.

I think it is respectful really. The root cause of any issues is ultimately the club. They didn’t think through a location for vocal fans/away fans and the solution they’ve provided is inadequate.

Had they thought it through and done what most normal clubs do in the first place (home fans behind both goals, away fans tucked away in a corner) there wouldn’t be any issues.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it is respectful really. The root cause of any issues is ultimately the club. They didn’t think through a location for vocal fans/away fans and the solution they’ve provided is inadequate.

Had they thought it through and done what most normal clubs do in the first place (home fans behind both goals, away fans tucked away in a corner) there wouldn’t be any issues.

The timing of all this is wrong. It should have been discussed in the last close season with the club or now most likely the next. Rest assured nothing will change now but maybe a solution can be agreed for next season. All fans need to respected but I dont see that when someone says all ST holders in that block can piss off. What gives him the right ?

• Like 8

This friction between the manner in which two demographics want to behave when they attend a football match is why I spent so much time earlier in the thread imploring those that move to do it in accordance with the Club's terms and conditions. I didn't mention it at the time, but of course that implicitly includes behaving in accordance with the normal behaviour of block E34. So sitting, not standing (unless at the very back row I guess), obviously not taking a seat that is already paid for by an ST holder or single match ticket holder - and politely moving if you do so in error.

However, it's clear that the manner in which the "movers" wanted to behave was largely incompatible with the normal behaviour expected by the usual occupants of E34 and of the Club.

The boat has been rocked, waves have been created, and someone is going to have to steady the ship. What course the ship lands on after that process will determine how E34 looks going forward.

I suspect that realistically nothing will change this season. Perhaps the off-season, under the new CEO, will be the time to revisit this.

• Like 8

Unfortunately for the club and ALL fans involved this is happening at this stage of the season, mid season. 

Naturally fans who have been SEATED there for years want to continue to be there. They are there for a reason, like many of us they probably have got to know people around them, they like the view and it suits them.

Some of them are possibly happy that masses of singers have joined them and in doing so have added to the atmosphere and 'allowed' standing. But on the other hand many do not choose to stand and have had this choice taken from them.

Why should they (E34 ST holders) have to move mid season? That seems unfair for them to be forced out. I had an elderly man and his son sitting near me on Saturday. He was a ST holder in E34 and saw the stuff on social media leading up to the game. He moved from there to seats near me at the other end of the Dolman as he could predict there would be trouble, other fans either didn't know or took the chance. He was concerned as it was his first seat move and only had 2 more left, and then what should he do. The poor bloke was quite upset.

I think the club underestimated the number of fans wanting to go in there and it seems they just about lost control judging by many comments about overcrowding etc. many people had tickets for other areas of the ground or had seat swopped one ticket and shared screenshots multiple times.

I don't know what the answer is mid season as I said. possibly the club will not sell tickets in that block or allow swops? Possibly they will ask people to come forward who want to be moved out of it for the rest of the season?

Maybe next season if E34 is still a 'thing' then all ST holders will be 'evicted' from there and we start again. Just like what happened when the singers were given the Williams at cheap rates during the redevelopment?

The only people i have seen really happy about this are the people who were left in S18. There seems to always be a bit of conflict between singing groups and those that were left seemed less in numbers but doubled in voice and effort.

Sorry, didn't mean for this to be such an essay, well done if you stuck with me till the end!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Exactly our club is ******* useless at it. I've been to enough away grounds to taste good atmosphere... Look at the Manchester Derby the weekend man city and utd fans right next to each other plus load of standing supporters in the home end. The club's just full of excuses because they don't want to manage it.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Exactly our club is ******* useless at it. I've been to enough away grounds to taste good atmosphere... Look at the Manchester Derby the weekend man city and utd fans right next to each other plus load of standing supporters in the home end. The club's just full of excuses because they don't to manage it.

Yep. Lansdown wants good little boys who sit on their hands and don’t say boo to anything or anyone.   It’s infuriating.    We used to be a club that was recognised for its fan base - for being vocal, for being intimidating, for creating an atmosphere.    Now we are just a pleasant day out for away fans. I used to laugh at teams like Yeovil, Fulham, Wycombe and Reading and their boring, happy clappy atmospheres but sadly we have become just like them and it seems a fair few people are very happy with that, not just Lansdown.  It’s a shame as atmosphere is what got so many of us into football in the first place.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Street red said:

Exactly our club is ******* useless at it. I've been to enough away grounds to taste good atmosphere... Look at the Manchester Derby the weekend man city and utd fans right next to each other plus load of standing supporters in the home end. The club's just full of excuses because they don't to manage it.

Have you actually spoken to the club about this at any point in time ? By that, I mean face to face with the relevant personel.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The timing of all this is wrong. It should have been discussed in the last close season with the club or now most likely the next. Rest assured nothing will change now but maybe a solution can be agreed for next season. All fans need to respected but I dont see that when someone says all ST holders in that block can piss off. What gives him the right ?

I haven’t seen anyone say fans should ‘piss off’ though. Perhaps the post in question could have been worded a bit more democratically - but let’s not misrepresent what people say over a pretty contentious issue. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I haven’t seen anyone say fans should ‘piss off’ though. Perhaps the post in question could have been worded a bit more democratically - but let’s not misrepresent what people say over a pretty contentious issue. 

Its what was implied and well you know it.

Edited by BigTone

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Have you actually spoken to the club about this at any point in time ? By that, I mean face to face with the relevant personel.

Why does anyone wanting to make an atmosphere have to speak to the club about anything? As long as you pay for your ticket and don’t upset fellow fans? You are well known on here for your love / respect of Millwall - do you think their fans consult with the club every time they want to make a racket - which they do even when there isn’t many of them? Surely you love Millwall because of this atmosphere not in spite of it? So why are you so vocal in being against our own fans making an effort? Genuinely baffled.   

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

People shouldn't be moving mid season, standing up and ruining others experience.

But the time to raise it is now, as the club are slow to act (still waiting on the membership scheme to be sorted for example!). 

The club and supporter groups should work together for a solution for next season, where we announce that A Block and S82 are for a certain fan experience, but those currently in block A can move to another seat and they'd recommend Y.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yep. Lansdown wants good little boys who sit on their hands and don’t say boo to anything or anyone.   It’s infuriating.    We used to be a club that was recognised for its fan base - for being vocal, for being intimidating, for creating an atmosphere.    Now we are just a pleasant day out for away fans. I used to laugh at teams like Yeovil, Fulham, Wycombe and Reading and their boring, happy clappy atmospheres but sadly we have become just like them and it seems a fair few people are very happy with that, not just Lansdown.  It’s a shame as atmosphere is what got so many of us into football in the first place.

Exactly. It’s been the case as long as I’ve been going and has always seemed like a real uphill battle with the club.

Whether people like it not, you’re right - we’ve traditionally never been a Reading/Fulham/Yeovil.

We’re often talked about by fans of other clubs in the same sort of bracket as Cardiff/Birmingham/Portsmouth in that there’s always been a bit of an edge and partisan support. Luckily, despite their best efforts, the club have never quite succeeded in completely nullifying it. Even with their best efforts at making AG as muted and happy clappy as poss. 

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Its what was implied and well you know it.

Wasn’t what was said though, so you should take it back. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Once the new CEO is in place then I will be sending emails to see if I get any feed back and I will give my honest opinion. I shouldn't have to email anyone the club should know how important an atmosphere is!! Pearson does....

Edited by Street red
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Why does anyone wanting to make an atmosphere have to speak to the club about anything? As long as you pay for your ticket and don’t upset fellow fans? You are well known on here for your love / respect of Millwall on here - do you think their fans consult with the club every time they want to make a racket - which they do even when there isn’t many of them? Surely you love Millwall because of this atmosphere not in spite of it? So why are you so vocal in being against our own fans making an effort? Genuinely baffled.   

Read my posts. I'm not against it but dont agree with how it's being orchestrated. Have 20 singing sections etc if it works but show some respect to other fans during the process. Whether Millwall fans consult with the club I honestly have no idea. The difference is their 3 home stands are all vocal. It's their nature. The other side to that is Millwalls reputation which like a lot of clubs is down to a few idiots. I've always been made welcome and those I've got to know appreciate my football allegiance lies first up with City.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Your lack of respect for fellow supporters is touching.

What lack of respect? They cannot choose who their seat mates are! 

I think they should have to option to stay where they are or a free move anywhere else in the stadium. That is full respect.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. It’s been the case as long as I’ve been going and has always seemed like a real uphill battle with the club.

Whether people like it not, you’re right - we’ve traditionally never been a Reading/Fulham/Yeovil.

We’re often talked about by fans of other clubs in the same sort of bracket as Cardiff/Birmingham/Portsmouth in that there’s always been a bit of an edge and partisan support. Luckily, despite their best efforts, the club have never quite succeeded in completely nullifying it. Even with their best efforts at making AG as muted and happy clappy as poss. 

Wasn’t what was said though, so you should take it back. 

Please explain your take on the comment.

Just now, BigTone said:

Read my posts. I'm not against it but dont agree with how it's being orchestrated. Have 20 singing sections etc if it works but show some respect to other fans during the process. Whether Millwall fans consult with the club I honestly have no idea. The difference is their 3 home stands are all vocal. It's their nature. The other side to that is Millwalls reputation which like a lot of clubs is down to a few idiots. I've always been made welcome and those I've got to know appreciate my football allegiance lies first up with City.

I’m not going to get into Millwalls reputation. I couldn’t care less about it but to say it’s down to a ‘few’ is pushing it. I got the knife slitting action directed towards me when I was 12 and in the subsequent 30 years I have seen many incidents involving them with a lot more involved than a few - both in person and online or in the media.  But I digress. It just strikes me as very odd that someone so supportive about such a club who have plenty of issues would be so very anti their own club showing trying to show a bit more passion. Of course there will be issues but it can get ironed out organically I’m sure and I haven’t seen that Saturday caused anything awful (it may be out there fwiw).  Just don’t understand the vehement attitude against it, especially from someone who loves Millwall! 

Will the stewards at E34 be instructed to check for tickets  for the  remaining 9 home matches or can existing st holders in that area presume the worst and have to move to another section? I wonder if they were to all claim compensation from the club for loss of their preferred seat it might encourage some reaction from stadium officials?

16 minutes ago, Midred said:

Will the stewards at E34 be instructed to check for tickets  for the  remaining 9 home matches or can existing st holders in that area presume the worst and have to move to another section? I wonder if they were to all claim compensation from the club for loss of their preferred seat it might encourage some reaction from stadium officials?

They already do check tickets I thought? At that vomitory anyway. 

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

They already do check tickets I thought? At that vomitory anyway 

On Saturday I walked past at about 2.55pm and there was a big queue coming back down the stairs into the concourse.   Must’ve been checking surely or else why the big queue. That’s what I presumed anyway.     

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They already do check tickets I thought? At that vomitory anyway 

Fine, I just wondered how so many were allowed into that area. Presumably there are only a limited number of transferable non st seats available?