IGNORED

Man Utd Match

Guest profplum86

Guest profplum86

just wondering how many ofus are going down to the gate for the friendly.

i know it is the reseves/U21's/a few first teamers - but what sort of team are city putting out?

if we put out a good side and lose - its not exactly going to eb a confidence builder is it ?

me and my mates are making it an occasion and getting as many down there as we can, anyone else going ?

Guest profplum86
It's an under 21/23 come Reserve game for both clubs.

As for going, I'm still undecided.

so are we likley to have any of our.....first teamers in ?

i assumed that we would sort of have a fringe team out, but if it's our under 21's then it doesnt seem to much of an appeal into going.

Guest profplum86
Working. Doubt I'd go anyway. £7 -  :Costumed19: You cannot be serious!

well it might be worht a night out suppose its worth the trip, not likley to see any of the young starts from man utd again so might aswell

I trust nobody that missed the cup match is going down to see manure!!!!

Please sir can I and others who may have been working on Saturday think about going down?

Perhaps someone could clarify if this makes me a part-timer.. :)

Surely it's Childish to say that people who didn't turn up Saturday can't go Wednesday?

Or maybe you could give us the politically correct official view...

<br /> Please sir can I and others who may have been working on Saturday think about going down?

Perhaps someone could clarify if this makes me a part-timer.. :)

This argument doesnt really hold water. If it had been a league game on Saturday we would have at least 10,500 in the ground. The missing 4000 werent all working. The shortfall lies in the fact, pure and simple, that season ticket holders are not prepared to pay extra money to support the club that they purport to "love". It's a fact that if season tickets did not exist we would be getting around 5000-6000 almost every match. Look at the Gas. They are one of the best supported clubs in Div 3, but they have around 5000 season ticket holders, which were bought on the strength of an excellent run at the end of last season. How many of them would be going every week to watch the turgid rubbish they are churning out if they had to pay. This may be controversial, because season ticket sales are what keeps a club going. I know that!! But I have a real problem with people who are getting their football on the cheap, because thats what it amounts to, else they wouldnt buy them, and then desert the club when unattractive cup matches come along. I would go so far as to say that, apart from the very few who were genuinely working, the 6000 paying customers at the Gate on Saturday are the only genuine fans this club has got. No argument.

<br /> This argument doesnt really hold water. If it had been a league game on Saturday we would have at least 10,500 in the ground. The missing 4000 werent all working. The shortfall lies in the fact, pure and simple, that season ticket holders are not prepared to pay extra money to support the club that they purport to "love". It's a fact that if season tickets did not exist we would be getting around 5000-6000 almost every match. Look at the Gas. They are one of the best supported clubs in Div 3, but they have around 5000 season ticket holders, which were bought on the strength of an excellent run at the end of last season. How many of them would be going every week to watch the turgid rubbish they are churning out if they had to pay. This may be controversial, because season ticket sales are what keeps a club going. I know that!! But I have a real problem with people who are getting their football on the cheap, because thats what it amounts to, else they wouldnt buy them, and then desert the club when unattractive cup matches come along. I would go so far as to say that, apart from the very few who were genuinely working, the 6000 paying customers at the Gate on Saturday are the only genuine fans this club has got. No argument.

The gas have got 5,000 season ticket holders? - if they've got 3,000 i'll be surprised.

Their crowds are inflated by very regular Quid a Kid and £5 for adult tickets. Would the season ticket holders down the Gate accept that?

I don't agree that people who buy season tickets are doing so solely to "see football on the cheap". The savings aren't huge and on the basis that you are likely to miss a few games per season due to illness, weddings etc. there is very little saving at all. Its all about showing your loyalty before a ball is kicked.

I'm a season ticket holder but wouldn't miss a City home F.A. Cup match and am surprised fellow fans don't feel the same, but our crowd was still one of the best so it looks as though the F.A. Cup as a whole has lost appeal.

I would say "the gas's excellent run" was more like avoiding relegation by the skin of their teeth by winning a couple of games. They are a hopeless club, lets see what their gates are like if they settle in mid-table. Without the "excitement" of possible Conference oblivion i'll be surprised if they get 4,500.

At the moment Bristol must have 6,000 masochists and they all wear a blue and white shirt.

Archived