IGNORED

I don’t think the Luton chairman like us

Silvio Dante

21 hours ago, redsocks said:

Tinpot club with a shite ground but for some reason they got a great chance of promotion.why can't we achieve what there chasing??

That's the big frustration for us isn't it ?; but perhaps we should be directing our mirth towards those closer to home, rather than labeling a club that has been more successful than us over the years, never mind at present, a "tinpot" club. 

I noted while looking at Twitter today that the Bristol Post have pinched this thread lock stock and barrel 8 hours after posting here. I shall be contacting Forrester and asking for a partial credit on the story (noting I meant to say “likes” in the title).

If anything’s tinpot it really is that paper. Do some proper journalism.

On 16/03/2023 at 12:04, Red-Robbo said:

Good point. We have a premier league winner.

Hall of fame (in my opinion) UK grotty league:

PL Clubs:  Winner - Croydon (Palace) r/up Wolverhampton

Championship:  Winner - Luton r/up Blackpool

L1:  Winner - Barnsley r/up Peterborough

L2:  Winner - Barrow r/up Hartlepool

Harsh on Peterborough and Hartlepool IMO. Hartlepool in particular is a nice little town and the people are great, real salt of the earth. I worked in both for ages and really enjoyed it,

Mansfield should be there though, absolutely no saving graces whatsoever. I couldn`t wait to get out of the place.

I recall when Viz did their first book of crap towns and couldn`t decide between Stoke and Hull for first place so they visited both. What swung it for Hull was that the first thing they saw after coming out of the station was a human turd in a phone box.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Harsh on Peterborough and Hartlepool IMO. Hartlepool in particular is a nice little town and the people are great, real salt of the earth. I worked in both for ages and really enjoyed it,

Mansfield should be there though, absolutely no saving graces whatsoever. I couldn`t wait to get out of the place.

I recall when Viz did their first book of crap towns and couldn`t decide between Stoke and Hull for first place so they visited both. What swung it for Hull was that the first thing they saw after coming out of the station was a human turd in a phone box.

I must admit Peterborough, Hartlepool (and Barrow) I've never visited, but I've gone on the reports of those who know and have lived in such places. 

Although I've never been to Hartlepool, I do know it's one of the 10 most deprived areas in the entire UK. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I must admit Peterborough, Hartlepool (and Barrow) I've never visited, but I've gone on the reports of those who know and have lived in such places. 

Although I've never been to Hartlepool, I do know it's one of the 10 most deprived areas in the entire UK. 

A combination of a lot of key industries collapsing at once - mining, shipbuilding, steel and fishing. When I was up there there was all the fuss about the contract for dismantling the US `ghost fleet` which would have secured hundreds of jobs for years. They had all the skills and facilities to do it and all the locals wanted it but the `green` incomers in places like Sedgefield etc. shouted the loudest and got it stopped. They would have been safely and professionally broken up and recycled but instead they went to India to be broken up on beaches - a real win for the environmentalists there.

• Like 1