IGNORED

Are We A One Man Team Again?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I really think without anyone of pace on the right side of midfield we have no chance of wining games, let alone winning promotion.

Look how well we've done with Amankwaah flying down that touchline, surely it's no coincidence that when he's played we've scored and looked threatening, abit like having a certain player last year..............

I don't know who to blame on this, our forwards are not too creative and aren't going to beat defenders. Our midfield with Wilkshire in does look like a few decent passes will be put through, but without the runs they're wasted. I noticed this in the Barnsly league game. Aaron Brown should be able to supply crosses and get into decent posistions, but he drifts in and out of games far to much - It's a waste.

It's obvious from Saturdays crowds people are losing faith in City. The pews at Church Ashton were so empty I began to think I was watching a reserve game. Boring football and too many draws will be the death of this club. If play stays like this thousands will not renew their season ticket.

Loan signings could be the only way out of this dire mess. Please the fans, give us excitment.

Look how well we've done with Amankwaah flying down that touchline, surely it's no coincidence that when he's played we've scored and looked threatening, abit like having a certain player last year
I'd agree if we'd failed to create any chances on Saturday, but our problem wasn't creating, it was finishing. How many shots on goal did we have? I think it was around 20 - that is a lot of chances for a team that is failing to create.

It's obvious from Saturdays crowds people are losing faith in City. The pews at Church Ashton were so empty I began to think I was watching a reserve game. Boring football and too many draws will be the death of this club.
You honestly thought that Saturdays game was boring? What I saw was a good attacking game (well from us anyway) albeit with little end product, but an entertaining game nonetheless. And as for the poor attendance, what did you expect from a second round FA Cup game against a team who we played only 2 weeks before?!

I've definately not lost faith in the team, infact I believe that we are improving by the game. The only way is up....baby! :)

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"How many shots on goal did we have? I think it was around 20 - that is a lot of chances for a team that is failing to create"

I honestly can't remember, the majority must have been second half.

So If we created 20 chances that is SHOCKING that none were converted. Of those 20 did any test the keeper?

"You honestly thought that Saturdays game was boring? What I saw was a good attacking game (well from us anyway) albeit with little end product, "

I didn't think there was any tempo or urgency to our performance going forward. We did play well football wise, but did it win the game? Whats the point of playing without people wide when the opposistion are defending deeply, not exactly easy to break them down.

"And as for the poor attendance, what did you expect from a second round FA Cup game against a team who we played only 2 weeks before?!"

I think I expected 9243 on the guess the attendance :)

"I've definately not lost faith in the team, infact I believe that we are improving by the game. The only way is up....baby"

I've not lost faith. I've lost faith in us winning anything without Amankwaah or someone as fast playing on the right.

This is a monday morning, it's cold and I'm tired - How can I possibly be upbeat and happy? Gotta moan about something

So If we created 20 chances that is SHOCKING that none were converted.  Of those 20 did any test the keeper?

I totally agree. But my point was that we are creating chances, just not converting them (something which Kev wouldn't help in)

This is a monday morning, it's cold and I'm tired - How can I possibly be upbeat and happy? Gotta moan about something

Indeed you have. But moan about the pies instead... :P

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"I totally agree. But my point was that we are creating chances"

Does this include half chances? I don't think we created many clear cut chances. I think alot of it could be the movement of our forwards, they don't help the situation.

"But moan about the pies instead... "

Yeah fair enough but they're alright in the Williams. I really do feel sorry for the poor souls in Dolman, sounds a nightmare food wise.

"And Willsbridge, get on MSN "

In work pal, will be later

we are creating chances but the only problem is we dont have a striker who can poke them away when needed  i think we need a striker with preditory instincts and i feel we dont have one of them at the club at the moment :)

Cureton is the perfect answer , lets just hope danny signs him up soon.

It's obvious from Saturdays crowds people are losing faith in City.  The pews at Church Ashton were so empty I began to think I was watching a reserve game.  Boring football and too many draws will be the death of this club.  If play stays like this thousands will not renew their season ticket.

Nice to see a bit of religion as we approach Christmas, although Phillips still very nervous about crosses and Lindley Catering ran out of loaves and fishes when more than 5000 attended against Barnsley. On the positive side, the new messiah seems to be a man called Clist (Simon, that is, not Jesus).

Archived