IGNORED

Peacock.

Robbored

I thought Peacock was poor on Saturday.Sure, he worked hard but never looked a threat or like he might score.He seemed clueless and "headless chicken" sprang to mind again.

Although I was suprised that Wilson took him off with about 10 mins left(Wilson has never taken him off before, that I can recall) I was pleased to see him depart and it should have been 10 mins earlier imho.

I remain convinced that Miller is a better player when he's not lined up with Peacock and the same could be said for Roberts.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if Peacock didn't play first team football at all.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I agree that Peacock has been poor, especially Saturday. He seemed so deadly earlier in the season, maybe the dreaded Bristol City confort zone has kicked in. I've thought Miller and Roberts looked good together but Wilson will not keep Peacock on the bench.

The game on saturday was crying out for someone up front with pace, like Lita or Roberts but unfortuantly Roberts was put on the right?

Agree with the above concerning Roberts/Miller.

Although he hasn't been scoring, Roberts has been an instrumental part of Miller's goal-scoring form of late.

I thought Miller looked exceptional lately up-front with Roberts and was far more involved in the game than he had been beforehand, and indeed, he seemed to be doing little more than chasing the ball down again on Saturday.

It does seem that Danny has Peacock down as his no. 1 and he is our top scorer.

However, I would tend to persist with the strike-partnership that has produced goals and is causing constant problems (albeit only 1 of the partnership actually hitting the net) as opposed to the 2 top scoring strikers who of late draw blanks together.

Every player has a bad spell but I expect he will try even harder Saturday to make the net bulge and help us get 3 points then we can start to chant Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Jingle All The Way, O What Fun It Is To See City Win Away. If Peacock doesn't score Saturday I would be surprised as I reckon a goal is coming for him sooner or later hopefully sooner at Nene Park :)

You've got to play your best players, and that surely must include our top goal scorer.

Have you though?

Roberts and Miller seem to be able to play as a partnership; good communication, good running off the ball, creating space for each other and team mates.

Peacock and ANO seem to create very little, however, goals have come from the few chances being created, although not really of late

Although you cannot deny Peacock can find the net, do his goals "wallpaper over the cracks" in terms of the teams ability to win games when he doesn't score?

I don't know; needs somebody that undestands the game and watches it closely; I spend most of my time at games chatting to my daughter and opening sweet packets :)

Totally agree.

Roberts and Miller is by far our best combination. I don't think its a coincidence our best pairing last season was Roberts and Beadle (October/November 2002).

Peacock's performances of lates are nothing short of appalling, after what was a surprisingly good start.

The fact he keeps Matthews and Lita out of the side is disgraceful.

One Team

Guest redcard
You've got to play your best players, and that surely must include our top goal scorer. He's just going through a tough spell at the moment, he'll turn it round.

The tough spell you're talking about has lasted about 3 years, in fact he hasn't been the same player since he was injured against rovers on that memorable Friday night before xmas. Oh the memories 3-2 :);):wub:

Archived