IGNORED

Fact Or Fiction?

PhatWill

In our Division One campaign I am of the opinion that we were actually pretty unlucky to go down. Infact generally I think we're quite an unlucky club.

HOWEVER, does anyone remember at the time a myth knocking around that if all City's games in Division One (98/99) had ended on the 90th minute ie NO injury time, then we would've stayed up?

Obviously WBA away springs to mind has points dropped in injury time. Not sure about the two games against Sunderland, Soren winning point in last minute or Philips snatching 3 points in injury time?

Anyone know if this rumour can be substantiated at all?

If it can be then time for a Rugby League style hooter at AG I reckon...

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

i remember thinking at the time that the ref's cost us about 15 points which i think would have been enough to keep us up. the injury time goal at WBA was a disgrace ref saying 5 mins injury time and they scored in the 8th min of injury time, a bloke behind me wasnt best pleased when he kicked in a seat.

i remember thinking at the time that the ref's cost us about 15 points which i think would have been enough to keep us up. the injury time goal at WBA was a disgrace ref saying 5 mins injury time and they scored in the 8th min of injury time, a bloke behind me wasnt best pleased when he kicked in a seat.

Try six points mate.

depressing or what?

I don't want to depress anyone but take a look at the table. I just have looked and was astounded at the number of teams that finished above us that season and have since gone down or god forbid gone down again.

The league table doesn't lie, though we certainly didn't get the rub of the green that season. The West Brom game was a big turning point. Though I seem to remember coming away from the opening day fixture (or was it first home game?) v Oxford thinking I hope that result don't come back to haunt us. It didn't as it turned out but it was a indicator of what was in store. I may be wrong here but were we 2-0 up in that game and drew 2-2? We were definitely winning, and it took us 10 games to record our first win.

Ok, 2 points lost at QPR -90th minute Reddy strike.

2 points lost at WBA -Hughes scored in 99th minute or whatever.

Means that we would of finished on 46 points, as would QPR. But QPR would've stayed up on goal difference.

Any advances on this??!!

Guest duncan james

fao of punkrock

could of been me sat behind you mate was not happy when that goal went in and did boot the seat in front of me how funny sorry if it was you mate

Guest Mickey Bells left foot

all is forgiven DUNCAN :). sorry for nit picking but i also remember the ref against b'ham at home was shocking, disallowed a akinbiyi goal that was fair thats another point we would have got. TOMARSE lets start a petition to see how many people from all teams hate crewe and post it on their forums ;)

Archived