IGNORED

Pre season Friendlies (Merged)

Topper 123

We need a few duff teams to beat and get confidence then a couple of Premiership teams to test the players and get the fans interested. Duffs the usual teams like Cheltenham, Forest Green and Exeter then perhaps Leicester if still in that division and say Palace. 

3 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

We need a few duff teams to beat and get confidence then a couple of Premiership teams to test the players and get the fans interested. Duffs the usual teams like Cheltenham, Forest Green and Exeter then perhaps Leicester if still in that division and say Palace. 

I wouldn’t call Weymouth or Torquay world beaters 

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Bournemouth away is a shoe-in, as is Cheltenham imo.

No leaks as to the tour abroad yet..

Is it? Why so certain? 

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the pitch is getting an overhaul, will we get a home friendly.

I would think not. Unless only to test the digital ticketing?

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Is it? Why so certain? 

I meant Exeter not Bournemouth, although a weekend in Bournemouth would be ok.

We've played Exeter, Portsmouth, Plymouth in the last two seasons and Cheltenham and Villa twice in the last three.

I don't think we'll be playing Plymouth, but a couple or three of the others are likely imo.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

So Portsmouth away 29th July.

Exeter and Cheltenham to fit in before then ?

Wonder if there’ll be another double header like FGR / Exeter like last summer

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

Also told its Austria

G’day mate

• The title was changed to Pre season Friendlies (Merged)
On 14/05/2023 at 19:39, Magger1 said:

Any whispers on friendliest yet ? 
nice sat game at Weymouth would be nice or Torquay even Bournemouth away anything along these lines with an overnight stay for fans 

Id imagine forest green yeovil and cheltenham just for a change.

• Like 1

From the OS, The Pompey fixture will complete a pre-season programme for City, which will be unveiled later this week and will include selected behind closed doors games at the Robins High Performance Centre to be streamed on Robins TV.

10 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Should be a great day out at Pompey have a drink with a few Pompey mates ?

I hate Portsmouth FC, the city of Portsmouth, Mike Oldfield's song 'Portsmouth', "Pompey", the Roman general Pompey, and Up Pompeii. They're all shite. Apart from Up Pompeii, which had its moments, and the citizens of Portsmouth, who, to be fair, are a mixed bunch. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I hate Portsmouth FC, the city of Portsmouth, Mike Oldfield's song 'Portsmouth', "Pompey", the Roman general Pompey, and Up Pompeii. They're all shite. Apart from Up Pompeii, which had its moments, and the citizens of Portsmouth, who, to be fair, are a mixed bunch. 

Wife ran off with a sailor ? ⚓ ?

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Final pre season fixture announced (and first to be announced), 29th July:

Also confirms no pre season fixtures at AG

The wording of that Tweet really confused me. I spent far longer than I should have done trying to find the dates of the other friendlies before realising it was the final one in the calendar and not that I'd missed a bunch of announcements...

44 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Press ganged to roam the high seas as a pirate?

Exeter City will play a pre-season on Tuesday, 25 July, as they take on Bristol City

The match against Bristol City will kick off at 1pm at their Robins High Performance Centre before playing a second pre-season match on Tuesday evening, which will be announced soon. As per our last trip to the RHPC, the match will be played behind closed doors.

The Grecians faced the Robins last summer, drawing 2-2 at the same venue with goals from Alex Hartridge and Josh Coley.

£5 per game to watch the streams for the games played at the HPC. Seems unduly money grabbing as there's virtually zero cost to BCFC to stage these games - free for loyal season ticket holders would have been nice.

Edited by CodeRed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Why cant we play Newport and Swindon away and give fans a chance to go?

Can't stand the phrase Robins HPC ?

These are more training games than old style pre season friendlies. I'm sure last season we played 3 halfs in one game and changed the entire team. Its no longer for the benefit of the supporters.

If it gives us an edge then I'm okay with this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

£5 per game to watch the streams for the games played at the HPC. Seems unduly money grabbing as there's virtually zero cost to BCFC to stage these games - free for loyal season ticket holders would have been nice.

I've dumped most of my expiring reward points on these. I suppose it was better than joining more of the shirt (maybe remove the r) draws.

They could at least sell them as a package!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I lived in Southampton for three and a half years and absorbed the inhabitants' feelings on the subject of Portsmouth. ?

My Mum was from porchester(near pompey) and my Dad was from Plymouth.They met in Southampton so I don’t mind all 3 clubs really.I have met pompey lads at England games and on Shem tours when we played football against them in the morning (at my mums old school) before going to Fratton Park.(early 90’s)I would like to think I played like Alex Scott.

I don’t think they like the Saints that much either Red-Robbo. 
My Dad worked at Rediffusion in Southampton before moving up here to gods own country and his best mate (uncle tom) helped out in the dressing room ,running the bath and putting the kit out.When the Saints won the cup in 1976 he gave  a signed football of all the squad to my Dad for me and brother.Basically me and  my brother took it out into the road and the autographs went!

However in 1976 better happened! Plus I was only 6.

coyr

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH I lived in Southampton for three and a half years and absorbed the inhabitants' feelings on the subject of Portsmouth. ?

I always thought the accent down that way pretty was funny. Danny Dyer with a south west twang

Mush

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I always thought the accent down that way pretty was funny. Danny Dyer with a south west twang

Mush

There is a Hampshire accent that you sometimes hear in old codgers and people living on the estates who never leave Soton, but TBH most of the city has that sort of indeterminate south-east/London non-accent.  The same as the rest of Hampshire.

43 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

There is a Hampshire accent that you sometimes hear in old codgers and people living on the estates who never leave Soton, but TBH most of the city has that sort of indeterminate south-east/London non-accent.  The same as the rest of Hampshire.

I said pretty much the same during a stand up set when I moved here to Hampshire, lots of London overspillers here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

I said pretty much the same during a stand up set when I moved here to Hampshire, lots of London overspillers here

TBH Bristol is that way too, these days. The "non-accent" seems to infect everywhere south of Birmingham - and it'll spread north too.