IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Because it's close to Failand and the training ground.

And a damn sight cheaper.

To be fair, Clifton isn’t far from Failand and is closer to the stadium too. I must admit if I was a wealthy young man I’d opt for Clifton every time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keep the Faith said:

But then it is close to the Forest of Bowland, Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District with Manchester and Liverpool not far away. He probably wouldn’t live in central Blackburn!

Liverpool being not far away definitely isn’t a positive.

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

So are we thinking that joe isn’t coming home ?

Nah….Nige didn’t shut the convo down in any interviews, James P at BP seems to suggest it’s done too.

I’m taking that as green for go.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

12 minutes ago, shelts said:

So are we thinking that joe isn’t coming home ?

No; the debate was he'd be better off at Swansea & Blackburn as they finished higher than us & therefore could possibly offer more in wages.

Unlike the majority of footballers [who can blame them] with Joe I don't think is purely down to the size of contract.

Fans tend to forget that it works both ways, I think of Sammy Smodics, for example who we signed basically as a stop gap or another "club in the bag" if we couldn't get KP45 and then really didn't get a look in and was binned off to Peterborough & then sold on very quickly. I think its turned out even better for him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Agreed Dave. McCrorie I'm less confident on.

It’s gone very quiet on that one, which I would suggest is a good thing. I’m sure we would have heard talks have broken down or something similar by now…

I reckon that one is done too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s gone very quiet on that one, which I would suggest is a good thing. I’m sure we would have heard talks have broken down or something similar by now…

I reckon that one is done too.

Yeah, he got his little hernia op done….if he wasn’t off, a possibility he’d have tried to play through the season-split fixtures, and got it done when the season ended. 2+2=5 on my part, but James P is quick to dig around and dismiss rumours like Ben House, he’s been consistent in his “this one is virtually done”.  I think if there was any dependency on Aberdeen’s Euro qualification, then the rumours would’ve been less so, because they were always gonna get Euro Conference football next season….just a matter of whether they got seeded or not.

edit: rumours like this don’t tend to hang around so long without any foundation, let alone the sureness of it.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Leveller said:

To be fair, Clifton isn’t far from Failand and is closer to the stadium too. I must admit if I was a wealthy young man I’d opt for Clifton every time.

But you have to look after the pennies....there isn't a toll from Nailsea to Failand!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

Well yes it does, 29/30 years old, what team is the better option right now in the championship for getting promoted.  I wouldn’t blame him either, better for his career if he wanted the best last transfer possible, rather than to settle.  I personally would like him back but it can’t be an easy decision. 

If he had Middlesborough or even West Brom after him it would make sense if he went there but we're talking about Blackburn and Swansea.  Blackburn finished 10 points above us with a negative goal difference.  Swansea 7 points.  Blackburn have lost their source of goals, Swansea their manager.  Both have smaller wage budgets and smaller crowds.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

If he had Middlesborough or even West Brom after him it would make sense if he went there but we're talking about Blackburn and Swansea.  Blackburn finished 10 points above us with a negative goal difference.  Swansea 7 points.  Blackburn have lost their source of goals, Swansea their manager.  Both have smaller wage budgets and smaller crowds.    

More importantly, he’s a Bristol boy and will probably prefer to finish his career with his boy hood club ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

More importantly, he’s a Bristol boy and will probably prefer to finish his career with his boy hood club ??

Also from what has been said a few times by those who know him personally, he is a person who is very good at playing football yet who is not a football fan. Thus it's a possibility that he wants to live in his home city, play for City, yet will be able to prepare here for his future life after football.

Guesswork by me? Maybe.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

West Brom are a bit up shit creek aren't they? Parachute payments gone?

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Also from what has been said a few times by those who know him personally, he is a person who is very good at playing football yet who is not a football fan. Thus it's a possibility that he wants to live in his home city, play for City, yet will be able to prepare here for his future life after football.

Guesswork by me? Maybe.

Oh well, that's it then, he'll be signing for the Fewers, how could he not, with their new stand, brilliant manager, done deal !

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Il be surprised if we hear anything until the Prem season ends 

Suspect it will be after Nice finish, next Sat 3rd June, unless he’s not involved.

Edited by Davefevs

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I very much doubt there’ll be no news until 30th June.

Next weekend maybe after Nice's last game, although he's not been involved in the games lately.

No point in waiting until 30th June if Fulham are happy for City to announce it.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Next weekend maybe after Nice's last game, although he's not been involved in the games lately.

No point in waiting until 30th June if Fulham are happy for City to announce it.

Wasn’t on the bench yesterday, but was the two games prior.

Fulham will probably announce their retained list next week, and then I suspect it will be all systems go.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Never seen it I’m afraid Port. Won’t touch anything at all associated with Cleese. 

I appreciate that he has become a somewhat divisive character, but to deny yourself the genius of Palin, Jones, Chapman, Gilliam and even the John Cheese of the 1970's because of that is rather like cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

I will tell you that not only does have some of the funniest scenes ever placed on celluloid, it also has some deeper thoughts on religion and religious zealots that I will happily quote at the drop of a hat. Hence it being my 2nd favourite movie of all time.

• Like 14
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I appreciate that he has become a somewhat divisive character, but to deny yourself the genius of Palin, Jones, Chapman, Gilliam and even the John Cheese of the 1970's because of that is rather like cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

I will tell you that not only does have some of the funniest scenes ever placed on celluloid, it also has some deeper thoughts on religion and religious zealots that I will happily quote at the drop of a hat. Hence it being my 2nd favourite movie of all time.

Splitter

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

My face will survive the spiting in this instance.

2nd favourite movie? I’m intrigued by your top spot. Do tell!

I’m not expecting any news on anyone for at least another week or two as teams wrap up their seasons. It’s a weird quirk of this season with the big World Cup break - massively different final days. 

I really do think we’ve two in the pipeline and ready to fire, just gotta be patient.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 12:38, Roger Red Hat said:

West Brom are a bit up shit creek aren't they? Parachute payments gone?

Their owner has been using football club money to prop up his other businesses too, to the tune of multiple £Millions.

They could be the next club to be in deep 5hit according to a few Baggies I know.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Something that`s been bouncing around in my head since Saturday is that Joe would be exactly the sort of signing Luton will be looking for now...................................

:redcard:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Something that`s been bouncing around in my head since Saturday is that Joe would be exactly the sort of signing Luton will be looking for now...................................

I've thought exactly the same

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I’m not quite sure, Bryan was never good enough for the Prem & it showed whilst at Fulham (nothing against him, would love him to re-sign here this summer), think they are going to be looking at young players to bounce them back when they get relegated, or the other end of the spectrum of much older/prem proven players on one 1 year deals - something i can’t see Bryan accepting.

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I’m not quite sure, Bryan was never good enough for the Prem & it showed whilst at Fulham (nothing against him, would love him to re-sign here this summer), think they are going to be looking at young players to bounce them back when they get relegated, or the other end of the spectrum of much older/prem proven players on one 1 year deals - something i can’t see Bryan accepting.

I hope you`re right but it`s been nagging at me ever since they went up. OOC, Prem experience, steady player with his head screwed on and probably still has a gaff in London. It ticks a lot of boxes.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I hope you`re right but it`s been nagging at me ever since they went up. OOC, Prem experience, steady player with his head screwed on and probably still has a gaff in London. It ticks a lot of boxes.

I know what you mean, but i have had a feeling that Luton were getting promoted for a while anyway, they were always going to win the play-offs in my opinion & i would of thought they would have made contact preparing on this outcome a little while back with players, but everything seems to point to this being a done deal - even if Luton were to come in late notice, i still don’t think Bryan would go. He’s had the Prem, had the season abroad, think he will be ready to come home now (?? crossed!)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

even if Luton were to come in late notice, i still don’t think Bryan would go. He’s had the Prem, had the season abroad, think he will be ready to come home now (?? crossed!)

That is so naive. He is gonna be signing his last big contract - a bottom prem side would pay him 30 grand a week. He is not getting that here.

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

That is so naive. He is gonna be signing his last big contract - a bottom prem side would pay him 30 grand a week. He is not getting that here.

Nothing naive about it, if he doesn’t come here then i won’t lose sleep, but thinking Luton are paying 30 grand a week for Joe Bryan is naive!

West Ham are currently a “bottom” prem side - if they come in for him do i think he will go there? Absolutely he will!

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Like 2