IGNORED

U20 World Cup - Television Coverage

Bristol Rob

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

You can watch it on FIFA's website

I only have a debit card and PayPal, I assumed they would want payment in a brown envelope... wonder if there is an app for that! ?

Serious though, thanks for that. Hadn't checked the FIFA website.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, looks like it's just on FIFAs website at present. I suspect BBC might pick it up if England progress to the latter stages.

This is disappointing, didn't the bbc have all of the games from the u19 euros last summer?

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Said on talkSPORT last week that we’ve gone there with a pretty bare squad . Clubs have pulled players out as it’s a tournament outside of the international window. Pathetic if true. Why would clubs block players going in that age group. 

Coventry have blocked there’s going because there’s the small matter of the Play Off final, which seems fair enough. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Actually think I might get a better stream by other means, it's frozen 3 times in the anthems alone.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Actually think I might get a better stream by other means, it's frozen 3 times in the anthems alone.

It's given me the cold shoulder because I use ad blockers.

Disabled all ad blockers and it still doesn't like me. 

If you find another stream, please post a link.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's given me the cold shoulder because I use ad blockers.

Disabled all ad blockers and it still doesn't like me. 

If you find another stream, please post a link.

I am watching on Kodi, there were about 30 streams available thr first one I clicked on worked.

Https://1stream.soccer/soccer/england-u20-tunisia-u20-live-stream/1127887?sport=soccer

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

There is some suspect tackling going in from tunisia lot, and some of them are big lads! Seems like scott was riling someone up on the side while celebrating the goal too?! Wouldnt be surprised if the local support is not with england!

image.png.b4b182971270339daeb4835fb9535a3e.png

Worried about the right hand side of that defence, Quansah looks slow and sluggish in possession, already been closed down once being slow to play out. Don't see what Oyegoke adds to this England team other than size and some speed, looks poor with the ball, there's definitely better English U20's in the EFL from what I've seen so far.

Anybody using an iPad? Can’t get rid of the centred circular blue arrow for some reason. Typical that it’s central midfield where Alex is playing. Maybe it’s an arrow added by Nige to hide Alex from watching scouts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

Anybody using an iPad? Can’t get rid of the centred circular blue arrow for some reason. Typical that it’s central midfield where Alex is playing. Maybe it’s an arrow added by Nige to hide Alex from watching scouts.

I had that but if you download the app it works fine. 

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Worried about the right hand side of that defence, Quansah looks slow and sluggish in possession, already been closed down once being slow to play out. Don't see what Oyegoke adds to this England team other than size and some speed, looks poor with the ball, there's definitely better English U20's in the EFL from what I've seen so far.

They've got Norton-Cuffy to come in once Coventry are done in the playoffs, think he played RB in the U19 tournament last year.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

They've got Norton-Cuffy to come in once Coventry are done in the playoffs, think he played RB in the U19 tournament last year.

We need to get out the group for him to be able to play though, I mean we should but still, there's better RWB's England could have picked as back up

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

They are all playing in second gear, tunisia not offering a lot, it seems its mostly at walking pace. Scott always neat and tidy and drawing fouls.

Tourney football rules. Settle for 1-0. Dont risk anything ⚽️ 

• Like 1

Pretty poor game tbh.

The ref didn't help by being under the misunderstanding that football is a non-contact sport.

Not impressed by that at all, boring, but thats tournament football in the group stages.

It'll liven up once the knockout games start....hopefully.

52 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Scott is head and shoulders above everyone else.  

Watched last 5 mins of first half and second half.  Edwards and Cox up there too.

Still too many guilty of over-dribbling…pass and move boys.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Trouble is it sometimes took 2 touches instead of 1 to get the ball under control and judging the pace on a pass was tough. That makes a lot of difference to a pass and move game. Same for Tunisia, hence they barely created anything. Was it watered? Looked bone dry to me.

There's another game on the same pitch this evening 

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Is Chukwuemeka from Chelsea going to be a part of the squad when he is finished with Chelsea?

Certainly made a difference in their Euro campaign/

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

The comms guy said that he owned midfield .

He looked calm and assured, looking for a forward pass and to get the England team going. Not that easy as they didn't need to do that much, and because of the amount of control they had in the game, the pace slowed, which didn't help. 
Looking forward to see him against the better sides who are happier to come at us a little more.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 3

Just now, 1960maaan said:

He looked calm and assured, looking for a forward pass and to get the England team going. Not that easy as they didn't need to do that much and because of the amount of control the pace slowed, which didn't help. 
Looking forward to see him against the better sides who are happier to come at us a little more.

I think where you could see the difference was the occasions where he would zip a 20/30m pass through the lines, it would completely change the tempo at times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Is Chukwuemeka from Chelsea going to be a part of the squad when he is finished with Chelsea?

Certainly made a difference in their Euro campaign/

Believe that he's available after the group stages, same with Lewis Hall of Chelsea. Absolutely ridiculous to pull them from at least half of the tournament when Chelsea have nothing to play for, and they've got about 15 players in each position. Obviously understandable with the players that start week in, week out and have something to play for, like the Coventry boys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think where you could see the difference was the occasions where he would zip a 20/30m pass through the lines, it would completely change the tempo at times.

Exactly what I meant about a forward pass, he did it a few times to get us going.
Even his short passes just to keep the ball moving and trying to up the tempo , keeping control and just shifting the defence around. He does look the real deal already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Exactly what I meant about a forward pass, he did it a few times to get us going.
Even his short passes just to keep the ball moving and trying to up the tempo , keeping control and just shifting the defence around. He does look the real deal already..

You can definitely see the difference in his game compared to kids of the same age, who have had so little "proper" football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You can definitely see the difference in his game compared to kids of the same age, who have had so little "proper" football.

He definitely plays that role that people used to call a "quarterback" sitting deep and dictating tempo, but as much of a creative outlet as players playing further up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tom said:

Good to see Alex pick up a 'hockey assist' i.e. an assist to the assister. Even if that's not a stat most track in Football! :)

It’s recorded as a ‘second assist’ in football 

• Like 2