IGNORED

Haydon Roberts Confirmed - Signed

westonred

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not quite sure I align to the general feeling that he is the next target on the list below Bryan. 

For me he seems to be a CB who's played on the left for Derby. 

Yes I see this another sign we are looking at 3/5 at the back. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not quite sure I align to the general feeling that he is the next target on the list below Bryan. 

For me he seems to be a CB who's played on the left for Derby. 

Maybe not…my post was meant more that one door has closed, another one opens to look at it differently.  I never saw Joe coming in at LB, I saw him coming into a midfield / wide left role.  But if you sign Joe you don’t necessarily sign a “project LB” because their opportunities are gonna be very limited, 1) by Pring and 2) the ease to slot Bryan in there if Pring is injured, needs a rest, etc.  The project player might not want to come in that scenario.

But with Joe not coming, it allows City to open up to different options.

Recruitment is rarely as simple as a sequential list per position (I guess), as sometimes you chase a player because of their fit with someone else, and if you don’t get them you might have to change tack.

Supposedly Palmer was signed to feed Nketiah.  You can spot the flaws there you can’t you after Nketiah fell through!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe not…my post was meant more that one door has closed, another one opens to look at it differently.  I never saw Joe coming in at LB, I saw him coming into a midfield / wide left role.  But if you sign Joe you don’t necessarily sign a “project LB” because their opportunities are gonna be very limited, 1) by Pring and 2) the ease to slot Bryan in there if Pring is injured, needs a rest, etc.  The project player might not want to come in that scenario.

But with Joe not coming, it allows City to open up to different options.

Recruitment is rarely as simple as a sequential list per position (I guess), as sometimes you chase a player because of their fit with someone else, and if you don’t get them you might have to change tack.

Supposedly Palmer was signed to feed Nketiah.  You can spot the flaws there you can’t you after Nketiah fell through!

Palmer behind Weimann and Afobe seemed quite promising. Palmer behind Weimann and Diedhiou however!! Who knows how that setup might have flourished if not for the Afobe injury..although I had wider reservations about the sustainability of it all and whether we were absorbing too much pressure and could keep doing so.

Largely agree with your post though.

• Like 1

I’ve actually coached him, was with the community Elite groups (AITC) up until u14 when he eventually got into the academy, so as some say still a bit raw as he’s only had that academy environment for a short while compared to most. Was actually a CM before going in so can comfortably play multiple positions. Scores a few as well

• Like 15

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Wonder if this deal is a precursor to a more lucrative and high profile one in the opposite direction?

Surely the second brighton offer him a new contract we would automatically have to go to tribunal to agree a fee, why wouldnt they have done that??

5 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Surely the second brighton offer him a new contract we would automatically have to go to tribunal to agree a fee, why wouldnt they have done that??

Who knows but doubt they really care, they’re gunna get 100 mill + for Mac allister and Caicedo. Probably least of their worries

12 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The only downside to that is that you might be left with a player on your books who nobody wants to pay the potential fee / compo on.  But for a club like Brighton the financial downside is probably negligible.  But there is a player in the middle of this too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sweet baby Jesus…

I thought there might be a lull of a few days.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sweet baby Jesus…

I thought there might be a lull of a few days.

I can't cope ? Haydon Roberts or Bryan I would say Roberts

Edited by Street red

Can’t tell if we are signing a lb or a cb here tbh. Obviously it’s good to have versatile players no doubt, but with most signings it’s usually quite clear what their preferred position is. With roberts it’s hard to tell.

If it’s a cb who can cover lb however, I think it confirms Kalas’ departure which is sad, not 100% obviously, always thought he gave 100% and hopefully he goes on to do well. 

I don’t know about any of you but I absolutely love our transfer policy these days. Getting deals done quickly, not having to replace loans every summer and having attractiveness for new players over other midtabke championship clubs is very positive. 

Hopefully all of these smart on paper signings will be what we need to get that extra 15 points for a playoff position. ?

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Street red said:

I can't cope ? Haydon Roberts or Bryan I would say Roberts

Bryan is in Bristol though as well ? investing in his friendships 

2 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

As it's Ashton Gate Stadium, not Bristol City, could it be one of those red herrings!

Like the "home" tweet interpreted as Joe Bryan coming home :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Admin
30 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

As it's Ashton Gate Stadium, not Bristol City, could it be one of those red herrings!

Yesterday started with the stadium account tweeting

I keep expecting a concert announcement to be one

24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Like the "home" tweet interpreted as Joe Bryan coming home :thumbsup:

Where was the "home" tweet @bcfc01?

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yesterday started with the stadium account tweeting

I keep expecting a concert announcement to be one

Where was the "home" tweet @bcfc01?

Twwets from Ashtongatestad and City Facebook.

Just a couple of pics of houses in ashton gate saying Home.

Edited by bcfc01

Admin appear to still be about.  Having said that, I’m sure admin could update content across platforms from anywhere in the world.  Not seen any press pushing it today, so maybe not???  Be good if it was today though.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Admin appear to still be about.  Having said that, I’m sure admin could update content across platforms from anywhere in the world.  Not seen any press pushing it today, so maybe not???  Be good if it was today though.

sadly i think it was a hangover from the prev signing.

we may be a bit over eager ! :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Antman said:

sadly i think it was a hangover from the prev signing.

we may be a bit over eager ! :)

Actually UEFA asked us not to announce it today in case we upstaged the Europa Conference League final.?

• Flames 2

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

@Bcfcshags any further whispers you have heard regarding this deal, or any others? 

At this moment in time, Fabrizio Romano is the second best source of transfer news.

?? will find out tomorrow for you mate, I know he was down there having a look around on Monday. 

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Hoping the fact he has been to the club and had a look around and presumably met NP that he would be signing. 

Usually a delay between the player looking around, and then committing to signing. 

The Rob Dickie and Kane Wilson (last season) signing videos gave an insight to this. On both occasions Dave Rennie said “good to see you again”, and was up-to-date on what the player had been up to. In Dickies case, Rennie was aware that he had got married, and For Kane Wilson he knew he had flown back from holiday.

I reckon a week or so and this one could be announced.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Confirm them as definite then say they’ve changed a week or two later 

?? everything alright at home mate? 

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So what are we saying, left back or CB?

I have no idea, I'd never heard of him until his name cropped up on here.

I assume he is here as backup/squad member ?