IGNORED

Kane Wilson to Derby - Confirmed

I still feel he could make it here but if he isn't wanted then it is probably the best call to move him on. If he leaves, I reckon the best thing for him is to go to League one and build up the form he showed at Forest Green. Real shame though, had high hopes. 

Overweight and injured a lot. Cheerio. Especially if for a profit. 
Lots of words said from Pearson last season would lead me to think he wasnt best pleased with him at various times of the season so this seems and obvious sale to me to be fair. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Overweight and injured a lot. Cheerio. Especially if for a profit. 
Lots of words said from Pearson last season would lead me to think he wasnt best pleased with him at various times of the season so this seems and obvious sale to me to be fair. 

I too was thinking that NP didn't seem to happy with his efforts to get fit but that might be an injustice. It does however appear to be one of those moves that just didn't work out for either party. If he moves on it may be for the best. 

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I too was thinking that NP didn't seem to happy with his efforts to get fit but that might be an injustice. It does however appear to be one of those moves that just didn't work out for either party. If he moves on it may be for the best. 

Nigel said several times that Wilson needed to learn to manage his injury. Perhaps Nigel feels he failed to do that.

Assuming he’s off, just one of those things.

I was there pre-season when he went over on his ankle against Exeter.  The probably cost him starting the season.  Sykes came in, did well, Kane then picks up knee injury.  The rest is history.

It’s possible Nige’s words didn’t have the desired effect, and it looks like time to move on.

Possible options:

Coventry, need a RWB.

Plymouth, ditto.

Cardiff, they’ll take anyone!

League One, pretty much everyone would take him if a deal could be struck.

Just now, An Outstanding Human said:

Will go to either Plymouth or Exeter I reckon; was on loan with Exeter a few years ago 

Exeter look like are losing Josh Key to Swansea.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Assuming he’s off, just one of those things.

I was there pre-season when he went over on his ankle against Exeter.  The probably cost him starting the season.  Sykes came in, did well, Kane then picks up knee injury.  The rest is history.

It’s possible Nige’s words didn’t have the desired effect, and it looks like time to move on.

Possible options:

Coventry, need a RWB.

Plymouth, ditto.

Cardiff, they’ll take anyone!

League One, pretty much everyone would take him if a deal could be struck.

Exeter look like are losing Josh Key to Swansea.

I reckon he come in thinking ‘ this position is mine for the taking’ then injury happened and maybe his head just dropped. Shame tho.

Real shame as he had all the attributes to succeed at this level, but as Nige said his knee injury was a serious one that will take a lot of management going forward so it makes sense if we can get a decent fee and sell-on.

20 minutes ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Will go to either Plymouth or Exeter I reckon; was on loan with Exeter a few years ago 

No way could Exeter pay his current wages or afford the fee we would want.

Plymouth much more likely, Rotherham & Derby would be my 2 other guesses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Perhaps a player exchange with Derby would work?

They are very rare these days but certainly an adjustment of the fee for Knight makes sense if they do end up going in opposite directions.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

He’s been working really hard since end of the season.  Been in gym, one to one and small sessions with personal trainer pretty much everyday.  Certainly putting the work in. 

Hopefully gets a second chance here,  he’s got the ability. Prob more suited to rw spot for us. 

• Like 6

One of those things, hasn’t worked out for a load of reasons. Bought his ‘forever home’ back in the midlands and his partner and kid have been back there basically all season. He’s been rehabbing and training by himself back home for quite a while it sounds like. Would be amazed if he’s not back at a club nearby there either on loan or perm. 

2 hours ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Argyle are a very good shout with their current Mumba-shaped hole in their squad.

Shame it didn't work out here, wish him all the best if he's indeed on his way out.

24 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

Argyle are a very good shout with their current Mumba-shaped hole in their squad.

Shame it didn't work out here, wish him all the best if he's indeed on his way out.

Same with Exeter as their right wing back Key has turned down a new contract and available on a free 

2 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

Never got that impression last week when I spoke to him on the train back from New Street he was looking forward to getting fit and pushing on next season 

Perhaps he was thinking of pushing on somewhere else , a shame imo as he looked the goods earlier, oh well 'Life goes On' :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Same with Exeter as their right wing back Key has turned down a new contract and available on a free 

Both Key and Collins will be subject to compo / tribunal as u24.

I really like Collins (not as much as Knight - different players) but a long term succession plan for James and Williams imho.  Can do a bit of everything as a DM.  He fits the “Tinnion Brief” too (not Tinnion’s briefs!)

Key’s progress has slowed a bit in Lg1, but he’s still one to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

One of those things, hasn’t worked out for a load of reasons. Bought his ‘forever home’ back in the midlands and his partner and kid have been back there basically all season. He’s been rehabbing and training by himself back home for quite a while it sounds like. Would be amazed if he’s not back at a club nearby there either on loan or perm. 

Strange, didn't he say his Mrs was from Bristol ?

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Both Key and Collins will be subject to compo / tribunal as u24.

I really like Collins (not as much as Knight - different players) but a long term succession plan for James and Williams imho.  Can do a bit of everything as a DM.  He fits the “Tinnion Brief” too (not Tinnion’s briefs!)

Key’s progress has slowed a bit in Lg1, but he’s still one to keep an eye on.

Yeah I’d have thought it would’ve been compensation, seen Key linked with Swansea. Collins I’m shocked hasn’t had a lot of interest yet, only heard really good things about him 

If the posters above are true about him working hard in the off-season, I have not lost hope for him.

Players such as Vyner and Pring knuckled down when it was looking like curtains on their Bristol City career, and convinced Nice to give them another chance, and they were better for the experience.

Maybe this could be another case of the same? If he comes back really fit and firing pre-season, then you never know. Otherwise, seems a great shame to lose a player with great upside, although I entirely trust the club's judgement.

Any idea on the length on his contract? Would it make sense to keep him about for 6-12 months and really see what he is like when fit, potentially loaning him at some point for half a season to show what value he has? Could mean a bigger sale at the end of it.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Going to wait and see on this one. I hope he stays and pushes to get into the team but Pearson will know how he is in training around the club and I don't. Unless McCrorie was specifically bought in for right back then I really hope we replace Wilson if he does go rather than having players covering the position who are more useful elsewhere on the pitch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marcofisher said:

If the posters above are true about him working hard in the off-season, I have not lost hope for him.

Players such as Vyner and Pring knuckled down when it was looking like curtains on their Bristol City career, and convinced Nice to give them another chance, and they were better for the experience.

Maybe this could be another case of the same? If he comes back really fit and firing pre-season, then you never know. Otherwise, seems a great shame to lose a player with great upside, although I entirely trust the club's judgement.

Any idea on the length on his contract? Would it make sense to keep him about for 6-12 months and really see what he is like when fit, potentially loaning him at some point for half a season to show what value he has? Could mean a bigger sale at the end of it.

Don’t disagree. Could be just paper talk or maybe Nige has decoded to see if there is any interest as he has not been too impressed so far.

Bit of a shame as he was the sought after player from the efl last year and we never got to properly see him in action.

However we've done the right thing and cashed in whilst he has some value especially if NP can't see him breaking into the team. Least were being proactive with moving players on rather than letting them stagnate and going for free. Also potentially we may have a sell on if he does well and moves on for decent money.

• Like 1

Going to be a massive sell on clause in the deal isn't there.

If he does well in L1, and gets that sort of move then it will be a good bit of business.

I think this works well for all parties, I can't see him getting any game time at all with us this year.

• Like 2

Reading between the lines seems like he didn’t fancy the challenge. Seemed to be an agreement he’d be off before summer hit.

Was living on his own as well, spent any off days back in the midlands with his family, so imagine Bolton moves means he can move back to the midlands full time. 

one to file under the ‘just one of those things’ column. 

• Like 1

Little bit gutted about this I must admit.   Was really excited about him signing. We can’t keep everyone though so I wish him the very best and hope we can at least get some decent profit out of the deal with now it in the future.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Reading between the lines seems like he didn’t fancy the challenge. Seemed to be an agreement he’d be off before summer hit.

Was living on his own as well, spent any off days back in the midlands with his family, so imagine Bolton moves means he can move back to the midlands full time. 

one to file under the ‘just one of those things’ column. 

Spot on.

Was told at the end of the season we’d informed him that he wasn’t in our plans & by someone I respect that he was consistently poor in his U21 appearances to the extent that we stopped picking him.

Pearson is big on expecting players to battle back from adversity, he’s tested the likes of Vyner, Pring, Sykes, Atkinson & Wells to see what they’re made of, those are the ones who have come through it & stayed.

His comments in press conferences towards the end of the season about him needing to be fitter & do more were obvious signs he was off, whatever some on here thought.

I have been saying since he signed that we see McCrorie playing there, that seems even more likely now.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 10
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

How will this go with his ‘ injury’ that he will have to manage for the rest of his career ? 

I think Pearson has severe doubts that he can manage that injury effectively and that's why we are letting him go. Just takes up too much of our medical staff time. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

27 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Disappointing. Also confirms the suspicion that McCrorie is earmarked for Right Back.

Which would also be harsh on Tanner given the way he developed last season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tin said:

Which would also be harsh on Tanner given the way he developed last season.

Better to have 2 decent players battling for a position. What's to say Tanner won't outshine McCrorie in pre season and start off as first choice? All about competition driving the standards up.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 8
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

In the modern game the best sides in any league have full backs that attack like Pring or Bryan do.

I worry if Tanner, McCrorie and Roberts are 3 of our 4 full back choices to be honest.

Think your oversimplifing 'best teams' and how they operate. It all depends on style of play. I know some successful teams go for the high press but not all have marauding fullbacks or wingbacks i.e Dan Burn at Newcastle. Also how do you know McCrorie can't do that?

Edited by RedRoss
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Daft that a player with his talent has never been given a fair crack, 

Daft that fans just expect players to be played without knowing how said player has performed in training all week.

• Like 1

Watched him in the u21s a couple of times and was not impressed in the slightest. Obviously not worked out, glad that he's getting a move, he can try kick his career on, and City can recoup some money and get another wage off of the bill.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1