IGNORED

Non League Thread 2023/24

phantom

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Apparently only a couple of the existing squad are under contract for next season so he'll have the opportunity to completely rebuild it.

Best thing they could do.

It's around 13-14 IN contract and 14-15 OUT of contract at a rough estimate. There have been so many players in/out the last couple of seasons that it's more or less impossible to say for sure.

Still players like Amadou Bakayoko on the books at present having spent the whole season at Dundee. At least one, David Davies genuinely thought to be missing / lost but apparently sadly long-term ill, not injured.

Very few with any re-sale value at all.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Taunton relegated after losing at home to Weston 1-0

Marlon Jackson with an 84th minute winner 

He was on City's books, my boy went to school with him, a lovely kid

• Like 2

• Admin
14 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

He was on City's books, my boy went to school with him, a lovely kid

Remember him playing for us, good to see him still playing to a decent standard 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Remember him playing for us, good to see him still playing to a decent standard 

He's made a decent living from football, spent most of his career in the 4th division & Conference

3 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Floolights up.

Stand going up.

And cans of natch ready to go.

Haha, i spent my youth on Creswicke Road playing fields playing 30 a-side on a Sunday afternoon 😃

Just now, Davefevs said:

Where do they play?

Creswicke Road

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

Indeed, CTK also played up there many years ago along with many other teams over the years

CTK Southside?  Can’t remember who I was playing for (Sunday?) but played against them.

I played as a “ringer” for Broad Plain once!!

• Haha 1

On 18/04/2024 at 07:26, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Just in case anyone wanted an update, Worcester won the league that night and the crowd was smashed at 570 through the door. A fair few Thornbarians in attendance but mostly Worcester fans. 

Thornbury survived another season in the Hellenic Premier League, despite being the only team without a playing budget. Relying heavily on local lads playing for the club and youngsters from Cheltenham, Forest Green looking for men’s football. (Honestly, if you have a 16/17 year old at an academy, push them for a loan to step 4/5/6 football, they will progress much more than playing against other u18, then u21 players) 

I may have mentioned it before but as a club we are years behind the majority of clubs in the area in respect to facilities and probably crippled ourselves by getting consecutive promotions to the Hellenic Prem, where all our money was then spent on meeting the ground requirements instead of growing off the pitch 

Anyway, we’re slowly getting there and creating a ground/facilities that we can be proud of, but god it can be difficult! 

Pleased to hear that Thornbury has survived (my birth place). Do they still play at the Munday playing fields ? 

Not surprised to hear Worc brought a load down, they outnumbered Mangos earlier in the year.............they truly must be the Gash of the Hellenic !

• Admin

The National League playoffs:

🔹Eliminators

Tue 23-Solihull Moors v Gateshead

Wed 24-Altrincham v Halifax Town

🔹Semi-finals

Sat 27-Barnet v Solihull/Gateshead

Sun 28-Bromley v Altrincham/Halifax 

🔹Final 

Sun 5 May

• Like 1

• Admin
19 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Final home game of the season for Farm tomorrow against Melksham. A win would all but secure the playoffs.

Quite likely to be a party in the clubhouse with a win.

Winning 2-0

Ollie Woodhouse and Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist with the goals 

• Admin
58 minutes ago, phantom said:

National League South full times 

Aveley 2-0 Bath 

Chippenham 1-1 Chelmsford 

Dover 1-3 Yeovil 

Taunton 0-0 Hemel Hempstead 

Torquay 5-0 Havant 

Worthing 4-2 Weston

Bizarre old game at Yate. The Bluebells by far the dominant side from 1-90 and at 90 minutes led 3-1 after great finishes (and questionable keeping) - English-Brown and McCootie (2) with the goals. 

Then it turned to ratshit. Two very scrambled efforts in injury time gave Cribbs an undeserved 3-3 overall and ended Yates slim playoff chances. Can’t see Cribbs going up if that’s the normal standard, and positive signs for Yate next season if they keep the likes of the goalscorers and Guest.

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bizarre old game at Yate. The Bluebells by far the dominant side from 1-90 and at 90 minutes led 3-1 after great finishes (and questionable keeping) - English-Brown and McCootie (2) with the goals. 

Then it turned to ratshit. Two very scrambled efforts in injury time gave Cribbs an undeserved 3-3 overall and ended Yates slim playoff chances. Can’t see Cribbs going up if that’s the normal standard, and positive signs for Yate next season if they keep the likes of the goalscorers and Guest.

Cribbs are quite proud of being anti-football 

They were happy sharing this on their twitter after the write up of their Paulton game

IMG-20240331-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Cribbs are quite proud of being anti-football 

They were happy sharing this on their twitter after the write up of their Paulton game

IMG-20240331-WA0001.jpg

Inherently were just biff-bang football today. 9 huge blokes trying to smack the ball up field as soon as possible but a bit shirty when they didn’t get their own way. Horrible team, not in kicking people but just in you couldn’t watch that on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Inherently were just biff-bang football today. 9 huge blokes trying to smack the ball up field as soon as possible but a bit shirty when they didn’t get their own way. Horrible team, not in kicking people but just in you couldn’t watch that on a regular basis.

Do they get many watching them on a regular basis? 

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Fits with what pretty much every other team has said about them.

Their manager left after they lost to farm, but think that was due to personal reasons.

They haven't uploaded anything to their youtube since then either.

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Do they get many watching them on a regular basis? 

In a word, no.

About 100-130ish.

For context, Manor Farm have averaged 285 this season and the Cribbs average is 140ish boosted by a 550ish crowd when they played Farm at home.

Edited by transfer reader

3 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Their manager left after they lost to farm, but think that was due to personal reasons.

In a word, no.

About 100-130ish.

There’s better supported Suburban League sides 😂

13 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

In a word, no.

About 100-130ish.

For context, Manor Farm have averaged 285 this season and the Cribbs average is 140ish boosted by a 550ish crowd when they played Farm at home.

Yate get about 230-250.

Of the Bristol area clubs below National South, and I know I’m biased, they’ve probably got the highest ceiling. Manor Farms ground is better currently but they’re hamstrung by proximity to City and the size of the Creek. Yate you’ve got the growing population, it’s enough outside of Bristol that you don’t lose huge fans to City/Rovers on a whim and it’s got decent space to expand. Could see them NLS with the right plans in 10-20 years and a favourable wind.

• Robin 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Bath secure a play off place despite losing today. 

Great achievement but the Play-Offs at that level are an absolute minefield to win though, so still a long old way to go yet. 

gggv.jjpeg.jpeg

download.jpeg

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

I can remember the days when Weston getting more than 250 at a game was a big thing 

Never thought I would see the day with an average over 1000.

Screenshot_20240420_194525_Samsung Internet.jpg

how many support the seagulls on here?

I go fairly often

• Like 3

On 19/04/2024 at 19:52, slartibartfast said:

Pleased to hear that Thornbury has survived (my birth place). Do they still play at the Munday playing fields ? 

Not surprised to hear Worc brought a load down, they outnumbered Mangos earlier in the year.............they truly must be the Gash of the Hellenic !

Yep still at the Mundys. And now have three stands with a total capacity of 300 seating/standing. FA regs have really lifted the requirements 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I can remember the days when Weston getting more than 250 at a game was a big thing 

Likewise for Taunton. I know it's padded by away followings, but still. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phantom said:

There were more that 2000 watching the game yesterday between Wimbourne and Frome, big top of the table clash

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

There were more that 2000 watching the game yesterday between Wimbourne and Frome, big top of the table clash

It's great to hear so many non league clubs are thriving when further up the pyramid things continue to crack and creak towards a breaking point 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MattWSM said:

how many support the seagulls on here?

I go fairly often

I do. Went to Worthing yesterday, great day out but we were always going to lose this one. Weston are the opposite of City this season, struggle against teams in the top half but will normally beat the lower teams.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's great to hear so many non league clubs are thriving when further up the pyramid things continue to crack and creak towards a breaking point 

I know it's out of our area but the two Toolstation Western League Premier Division matches betweeen Helston & Falmouth this season attracted more than 3,000 spectators.

The game at Falmouth at Christmas was 1,845 while another 1,179 turned up at Helston on Thursday evening for the return game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I know it's out of our area but the two Toolstation Western League Premier Division matches betweeen Helston & Falmouth this season attracted more than 3,000 spectators.

The game at Falmouth at Christmas was 1,845 while another 1,179 turned up at Helston on Thursday evening for the return game. 

Helston got over 1,000 yesterday too. Can be promoted on Tuesday 

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Who/where is Aveley?

16 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Quoting myself - 528 at Yate yesterday. Weather, local game, City being miles away and Rovers dead rubber may impact but a great attendance and shows the potential.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Winning 2-0

Ollie Woodhouse and Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist with the goals 

Had no idea Leigh-Gilchrist (Gizz) was at BMF. He’s one hell of a player and way too good for the level he’s been playing at with Roman Glass. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Also, not sure if mentioned but Portishead got promoted to the Western League Prem yesterday. 

Their striker Ethan Feltham has scored over 50 goals this season. 

Saw them at AEK Boco back in September and they looked a very decent side, clearly too good for that level. 

34 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Also, not sure if mentioned but Portishead got promoted to the Western League Prem yesterday. 

Their striker Ethan Feltham has scored over 50 goals this season. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Saw them at AEK Boco back in September and they looked a very decent side, clearly too good for that level. 

Spent an absolute fuckton of money in poaching players from a few levels above. Would’ve been the **** up of all **** ups not to go up with that group!

• Like 1

Never known a season like this one. So many games postponed and no extension to the season. Also never known as many players on dual registration late in the season. Some have been playing 4 times in a week for their 2 different teams. Paulton had one player who played for Corsham on the Friday night and then turned out for Paulton the following afternoon. Whereas the poor old premier league players moan about playing too many games the poor little lambs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, petehinton said:

Bath secure a play off place despite losing today. 

Great achievement but the Play-Offs at that level are an absolute minefield to win though, so still a long old way to go yet. 

Unfortunately all the potential games are miles away as well. 6 hour round trip on a Tuesday night anyone?

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

Helston got over 1,000 yesterday too. Can be promoted on Tuesday 

I think that's a misprint, Pete. Full Time has the crowd at 133, more likely, and I've seen brief video clips of the match where there's very few people at either end. 

Highland League decided on goal diff;

Pos P W D L GF GA GD P  
Buckie Thistle FC 1 34 26 3 5 98 34 64 81  
Brechin City FC 2 34 26 3 5 90 28 62 81

East Kilbride walked away with the Lowland League 12 points clear of the 2nd placed team.

The winners of Buckie v East Kilbride play the bottom side in Scots Div 2 with the winners of that in Div 2 next season. With two games to go, Clyde 32pts, Stranraer 33 and Bonnyrigg Rose 35, everyone else is safe.

Although surviving on gates of less than 900 (Elgin) and less than 500 for Stranraer, when they play each other it's a 300 mile / at least 6 hour journey.

For their final game of the season, 700 Hartlepool fans made the nearly 600 mile round trip to Dorking Wanderers yesterday and witnessed a 4-3 win. All 700, men, women, children and Jeff Stelling, went dressed as Blues Brothers.

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

For their final game of the season, 700 Hartlepool fans made the nearly 600 mile round trip to Dorking Wanderers yesterday and witnessed a 4-3 win. All 700, men, women, children and Jeff Stelling, went dressed as Blues Brothers.

They do it every year. I recall several hundred Star Wars stormtroopers on trains to Plymouth a few years back, There was a picture of one railway platform somewhere that was packed with them.

44 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Gateshead disqualified from the National League playoffs due to not meeting criteria - Solihull given a bye rather than Aldershot taking their place

Mental scenario. The team finishing 5th gets a bye to the semi finals while the team finishing 4th has to play an additional game. Efl have turned down Gateshead potential membership due to lack of security of tenure at their ground for the next 10 years, but even that seems odd when other clubs have moved having been evicted from stadiums (Cov) and kept membership. How many EFL clubs lease their stadium (and how many have less than 10 years till a break clause?)

2 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I think that's a misprint, Pete. Full Time has the crowd at 133, more likely, and I've seen brief video clips of the match where there's very few people at either end. 

Ah!

5 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Had no idea Leigh-Gilchrist (Gizz) was at BMF. He’s one hell of a player and way too good for the level he’s been playing at with Roman Glass. 

Only came back to Farm in the last month or so. Last time there he blew hot and cold but he's been decent in his games so far this time round.

Very good hit for the goal yesterday, and think he got MOTM but can't remember. There was a lot of cider consumed and it all got a bit hazy for me 

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Gateshead disqualified from the National League playoffs due to not meeting criteria - Solihull given a bye rather than Aldershot taking their place

The EFL has spent the entire week bleating about the Prem doing them dirty re cup replays but Gateshead get the royal shaft. What an utter shower of hypocrites.

11 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I remember Bristol Rovers fans going to their final game of 2014 dressed as a team who had secured EFL survival. And the Mansfield Fans in the away end dressed as Teds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, 22A said:

Highland League decided on goal diff;

East Kilbride walked away with the Lowland League 12 points clear of the 2nd placed team.

Elsewhere in Britain, TNS won the Welsh League again, 33 pts ahead of the second placed team. Larne are currently 3pts clear at the top of the Irish League. TNS and Larne won their leagues last season as well. For the Champions League these teams start playing qualifiers in July and if they get through all four qualifiers, they get to play a team which was 4th in a larger country.

Nat League play offs announced; 

Tue 23 Solihull v Gateshead cancelled. (See the post from Ronnie S)

Wed 24 Altrincham v Halifax

Sat 27 the two semi finals; Barnet v Solihull and Bromley v Wednesday's winners.

Sun 5 May the final.

10 hours ago, 22A said:

Nat League play offs announced; 

Tue 23 Solihull v Gateshead cancelled. (See the post from Ronnie S)

Wed 24 Altrincham v Halifax

Sat 27 the two semi finals; Barnet v Solihull and Bromley v Wednesday's winners.

Sun 5 May the final.

Solihull are playing Halifax for the chance to play Barnet, Altrincham receive the bye to the semi final.