IGNORED

Holloway's Latest Crazy Moment

phantom

• Admin

This story is being reported on BBC sport

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/3294951.stm

QPR stars kept on their toes

Will QPR be signing Adrian Tutu?

Queens Park Rangers have revealed the secret of their recent success - ballet lessons!

The Second Division leaders are training with the English National Ballet as part of a new regime and the hard work seems to be paying off.

The whole squad, including manager Ian Holloway, are involved with the sessions, although they haven't been forced to wear tutus yet!

QPR fitness coach Scott Rushton said: "The company approached us because they were interested in our techniques for building stamina.

"I realised there's a lot they can teach us about fitness so I arranged the first session for players and coaching staff at their training studio."

Rushton is not afraid to experiment with different training methods - in the past he has sent players to a boot camp - and clearly believes the latest gamble is paying dividends.

"This could help reduce injuries, speed up recovery times and extend playing careers," he explained.

"The girls are very flexible and have little body fat. We can take compenents of their regime and use it."

Captain Steve Palmer admitted the players didn't take to the idea immediately.

"There were a few reservations when we walked in the door, but it turned out to be good for us," he said.

Should certainly make goal celebrations more interesting.

Guest Hodges17

or Tony Thorpe getting his moves wrong and falling on the ground like a sack of spuds....wait a minute thats an integral part of his game, the swan dive.

City did that 30 years ago.  Ernie Hunt appeared even less elegant than usual.

Yes I remember A dicks doing this, I also seem to remember that a lot of the players picked up injuries doing the stretching exercises. let's hope QPR have the same problem! :)

Archived